Kick 6 voted best finish to a sporting event!

GwillMac6

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was a different game.  The ‘72 game was won by special teams as our offense was totally shut down.  We managed just 3 points in the game prior to the blocks.  Those blocks force Bama to “throw” the ball and they didn’t do that very well during the wishbone era.  Each of these games were great, but when you witness the game and feel despair just prior to lightning striking twice, it tends to be your favorite.

I was 11 and crying like a baby until those blocked punts.  I still think it's a Bammer conspiracy that you can't find that game on tape, DVD, or digital anywhere.  If anyone does know how to obtain a video of it, I'd love to know.

18 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It was a different game.  The ‘72 game was won by special teams as our offense was totally shut down.  We managed just 3 points in the game prior to the blocks.  Those blocks force Bama to “throw” the ball and they didn’t do that very well during the wishbone era.  Each of these games were great, but when you witness the game and feel despair just prior to lightning striking twice, it tends to be your favorite.

I was there, and I loved it. But it was sort of a fluke. I was also there in 85? IIRC when Auburn thought they had the IB won but lost in the last few seconds? IIRC Jelks was involved and maybe Van Tippen? Not sure I'm remembering everything  correctly but I was crushed. 

The Kick 6 IB was  certainly won on a crazy play....but it happened because our coaches put Chris Davis in a position to make it happen, and Auburn was in the game anyway. The Camback was just Cam doing what he did,refusing to lose and leading his team back from the edge. And there was the T-Bell KO of Ginger Mac that was so improbable. And the way the bammers treated Cam made that win extra sweet. 

The IB sure has drama....

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I was there, and I loved it. But it was sort of a fluke. I was also there in 85? IIRC when Auburn thought they had the IB won but lost in the last few seconds? IIRC Jelks was involved and maybe Van Tippen? Not sure I'm remembering everything  correctly but I was crushed. 

I was there.  In my opinion, they threw a pass to Greg Richardson just across midfield and it looked like to me that he crawled on his knees to the sidelines and the Refs stopped the clock to give Bama enough time for Van Tiffen to kick the winning field goal.  Seemed like BS, so I don't even think the Bammers put much stock in that win.

On 3/8/2019 at 5:28 PM, Tigerbelle said:

The Kick 6 IB was  certainly won on a crazy play....but it happened because our coaches put Chris Davis in a position to make it happen, and Auburn was in the game anyway. The Camback was just Cam doing what he did,refusing to lose and leading his team back from the edge. And there was the T-Bell KO of Ginger Mac that was so improbable. And the way the bammers treated Cam made that win extra sweet. 

The IB sure has drama....

Every time I see him on TV I'm reminded of the image of him being led off the field while looking through the ear hole of his helmet.  Ha! 

3 hours ago, AUloggerhead said:

Every time I see him on TV I'm reminded of the image of him being led off the field while looking through the ear hole of his helmet.  Ha! 

While I hate to see anyone get injured....it was still funny to see the smugness wiped of his entitled-boy face. And the fact that T-Bell did it was priceless. I still cannot stand Ginger Mac.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived