Men vs. Georgia game thread

WarTiger

40 minutes ago, gr82be said:

But that would mean finishing up with 4 straight losses counting the SEC tournament and I don't think that 19-13 will get them in. Hopefully they win 2 of 3 and at least 1 in the SEC tournament and secure a spot. 

Of course, that is exactly what having 19 wins would mean, and that doesn’t change my opinion.  That said, I hope we don’t have to find out if I am correct.  

Auburn could be a dangerous team in the tournament, but they also could be a one and done team. 

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

Of course, that is exactly what having 19 wins would mean, and that doesn’t change my opinion.  That said, I hope we don’t have to find out if I am correct.  

Auburn could be a dangerous team in the tournament, but they also could be a one and done team. 

Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound like Captain Obvious. I just think there is a huge difference in 19 wins with 4 straight losses as opposed to 19 wins and finishing strong with 3 or 4 wins to get there. Momentum is everything. 

18 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

But he has got to recognize when slowing down is costing us the lead and speed back up.

Seriously?  You actually think he doesn't know? 

Good Grief.

16 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Seriously?  You actually think he doesn't know? 

Good Grief.

Knowing is not his problem. Correcting is his problem. Even the TV announcer, who is very versed in the game of bball kept saying (in the timeframe that we went from being 12 points ahead to being 1 point behind) "why is Harper walking the ball up the court"? Listen please: WE MUST FORCE THE OPPONENT TO PLAY OUR TEMPO, not the other way around.

17 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Knowing is not his problem. Correcting is his problem. Even the TV announcer, who is very versed in the game of bball kept saying (in the timeframe that we went from being 12 points ahead to being 1 point behind) "why is Harper walking the ball up the court"? Listen please: WE MUST FORCE THE OPPONENT TO PLAY OUR TEMPO, not the other way around.

Just thinking out loud here but maybe Harper was slowing down because he was tired. 

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Just thinking out loud here but maybe Harper was slowing down because he’s tired. 

Point taken. If that is the case, let JM bring the ball up quickly and set JH as the shooting guard. I liken this to Gus in football running out of the shotgun from the 1\2 yard line and allowing the d to penetrate the line bc we snap the ball 4 yards into the backfield. Walking the ball up the court allows the zone defense to set up which forces us to our weakness which is our half court offense bc we don't have a dominant big man. We gained our 12 point advantage by playing up tempo; consequently lost our lead by slowing down the tempo. All anybody has to do is rewatch the game. The proof is glaringly obvious.

I've oscillated all of 2019 from being extremely disappointed in our season, to ecstatic that Bruce Pearl is our coach and our future is very bright.

I've finally chosen to relish in the fact that Bruce is our coach and our future is very bright.  And that we'll make the Tournament this year.  Unlike many past years.

WDE.  Class of 1985.

I'm really, REALLY hoping we can squeak out a win against MSU. Although every win is a good win, the guys did not impress against UGA. I'm looking for a better effort against MSU.

1 hour ago, AURex said:

I'm really, REALLY hoping we can squeak out a win against MSU. Although every win is a good win, the guys did not impress against UGA. I'm looking for a better effort against MSU.

They haven't impressed in the 4th quarter when we've needed them to....another one of the big differences between this team and last year's is that they finished hard. 

22 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Name one TV announcer who has coached at Bruce's level,or rebuilt a program from having been burnt to the ashes all the way back up to respectability...or who has any concept of what is going on inside Auburn basketball at any time. Those announcers have no clue why Bruce makes the decisions he makes and neither do you. Bruce does not need TV announcers to tell him what to do.

I can't believe I'm even having to say this......

Those network announcers are paid to manipulate and create controversy about anything they can find during the game because it sells better.  

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Name one TV announcer who has coached at Bruce's level,or rebuilt a program from having been burnt to the ashes all the way back up to respectability...or who has any concept of what is going on inside Auburn basketball at any time. Those announcers have no clue why Bruce makes the decisions he makes and neither do you. Bruce does not need TV announcers to tell him what to do.

I can't believe I'm even having to say this......

Those network announcers are paid to manipulate and create controversy about anything they can find during the game because it sells better.  

Good gosh! Go back, watch the game, turn off the volume, notice we were up tempo when we got the lead, we were slow tempo when we lost the lead. It's not that hard to figure out. I have been playing, coaching, and watching bball for 42 years. I know what I'm talking about. We will have to agree to disagree. I will not post on this again. Have a wonderful night. War Eagle to you.

Archived