I feel horrible for Nosa Eguae

1 hour ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wow. That's really messed up. Nosa seems like a great kid. What kinda human filth steals something like that?

4 minutes ago, twilli13 said:

Wow. That's really messed up. Nosa seems like a great kid. What kinda human filth steals something like that?

The kind that steals anything. It’ll be melted down for about 3-400$. Thieves don’t care about your sentimental value. They are seldom caught and when they are people call them “ non violent “ and lobby to give them 2 nd 3,4,5th chances and there’s no deterrent. 

With all the home security cameras around now maybe he will get lucky and get his ring back but it’s a pain in the butt good people have to endure far too much. 

You can tell when athletes are targeted because the championship rings end up being one of the primary things to go

Although if he got most of his things taken, its possible they were robbed indiscriminately. 

10 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Nosa tweeted just the other day about catching an Uber to the airport, and talking to the driver, and finding out that the driver was going through some stuff, and getting to the airport and holding hands with the driver and praying and crying with her. I'm not a religious guy, but I was blown away, because who is trying to catch a flight but still has time for a stranger like that? And the way he worded the tweet, it was more about the driver than him. I was really struck by that. 

I hope he somehow gets his ring back. Unfortunately, like @alexava said, things like that tend to disappear pretty fast. The perp(s) will eventually get busted for something but it's not like an apartment full of stolen goods will be discovered. The things they steal aren't nearly as valuable to them as they are to those they steal from. That's the real bitch of it. 

Having been burglarized myself, I can tell you that one should not expect an in-depth investigation by the cops.  I completely understand that because they have far worse crimes to investigate.  Nosa should realize his possessions are probably gone forever. 

Anyone else question whether that Uber driver was involved somehow? 

Whenever I get an Uber to/from my house I always say it's a friend's place or something lol I don't need any strangers knowing where I live and I'm not saying Nosa's Uber driver had anything to do with this at all but it just made me think of my dishonesty with Uber and Lyft drivers... It's not personal but it's the same reason why I wouldn't post my address on social media 🤷🏻‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Whenever I get an Uber to/from my house I always say it's a friend's place or something lol I don't need any strangers knowing where I live and I'm not saying Nosa's Uber driver had anything to do with this at all but it just made me think of my dishonesty with Uber and Lyft drivers... It's not personal but it's the same reason why I wouldn't post my address on social media 🤷🏻‍♂️

Kind of hard to do when the Uber/Lyft rides I get are to/from the airport for business and I have a carry on and laptop bag. I do mention to the driver that I have a house sitter coming to watch my dogs

59 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Having been burglarized myself, I can tell you that one should not expect an in-depth investigation by the cops.  I completely understand that because they have far worse crimes to investigate.  Nosa should realize his possessions are probably gone forever. 

Anyone else question whether that Uber driver was involved somehow? 

I was thinking the exact same thing. In hartselle al ( you can search this in the news) a woman has been arrested who reads obituaries and robs homes during funerals. That’s worse than will Ferrell. 

2 minutes ago, selias said:

Kind of hard to do when the Uber/Lyft rides I get are to/from the airport for business and I have a carry on and laptop bag. I do mention to the driver that I have a house sitter coming to watch my dogs

I've thought of this actually as I've been in this scenario as well. If it's clear I'm going to the airport I just make it seem like I'm from out of town and was visiting for work and opted to stay with a friend etc. Mentioning the house sitter is a nice touch though

3 minutes ago, alexava said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. In hartselle al ( you can search this in the news) a woman has been arrested who reads obituaries and robs homes during funerals. That’s worse than will Ferrell. 

Your Will Ferrell comment made me snort, but sheeeeeesh reading obituaries and targeting homes?? What the hell is wrong with people 

12 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I've thought of this actually as I've been in this scenario as well. If it's clear I'm going to the airport I just make it seem like I'm from out of town and was visiting for work and opted to stay with a friend etc. Mentioning the house sitter is a nice touch though

My husky giving the driver the stink-eye from the kitchen window helps sell it :D

6 minutes ago, selias said:

My husky giving the driver the stink-eye from the kitchen window helps sell it :D

My yellow lab would welcome anyone willing to pet him.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Ma the meatloaf lol.........some 15 years ago we quit listing relative locations in obits for that very reason.......sadly that has been going on for many years.

Having learned more about burglars than I ever wanted to know, here is a public service announcement. 

If there are any contractors, including public utilities’ contractors, working near your house or apartment, your odds of being burglarized have increased and sometimes the odds have significantly increased.  Often those people case your goings and comings and alert their co-conspirators if they think they have a good chance of stealing from you.  Those contractors will act as the lookout while the burglary is happening. 

And NEVER post on social networks that you are going on vacation.  You would also be well served to have some costume jewelry in plain sight.  I don’t know where the best place would be for you to hide your real jewelry, but you need to find that place and use it.  You should also consider getting a burglar alarm or at least get some of those signs showing that you have an alarm system. 

When that burglary happened at my house I sent an email to all personnel at our law firm to let them know how serious burglaries have become in the US.  I live in what I thought was a very safe neighborhood (and I still think that) and I wanted our personnel to know that so-called safe neighborhoods are not immune to burglars.  After I sent out that email I was stunned at how many folks said they had been burglarized or had a neighbor that had been burglarized. 

The point of this fairly lengthy post is you really need to know that burglaries are a serious problem in the US and you need to do something to reduce your chances of getting hit by this crime. 

I hope this helps. 

9 hours ago, selias said:

“Yeah...my pit and Rottweiler will take care of the house”

*pulls up Nanny Cam to watch Yorkie destroy a pair of socks*

Nosa, I'm sorry a lot of your things like your 2010 national championship ring  I hope and pray the Lord will help you find all the stuff that was taken. I really hope Auburn can and will help you get your ring back.

I am a very spiritual man being a former agnostic, I have seen prayers answered like these and will send up a prayer for him to somehow have his ring returned.  I wonder if we could maybe start a fund to help him replace the ring if it is at all possible. He was one of my favorite players during his time on the plains. May God bless you Nosa and maybe your ring will make its way back to you soon.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/10/2019 at 8:26 PM, doc4aday said:

I am a very spiritual man being a former agnostic, I have seen prayers answered like these and will send up a prayer for him to somehow have his ring returned.  I wonder if we could maybe start a fund to help him replace the ring if it is at all possible. He was one of my favorite players during his time on the plains. May God bless you Nosa and maybe your ring will make its way back to you soon.

I was wondering if it's even possible to replace it. :dunno:

Archived