Trendon Watford

tigeraddikt

56 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

He doesn’t teach.......

Bucky McMillan

Coach McMillan, since taking over the Mountain Brook boys basketball program in 2008, has lead the Spartans to 6 Area Championships (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018), 8 Regional Appearances (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018), 5 Final Four Appearances (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018), 1 State Championship Runner-Up (2015) and the school’s four Basketball State Championships (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018). With the success of the basketball program, Coach McMillan has been named the National Coach of the Year (2018) by the National High School Coaches Association, the Alabama Sports Writers Association State Coach of the Year (2013, 2014, 2015), Birmingham Tip Off State Coach of the Year (2012, 2015) and Over the Mountain Journal Coach of the Year (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018). Before returning to Mountain Brook High School in 2006 to coach the Junior Varsity team from 2006-2008, Coach McMillan attended Birmingham Southern College (2002-2006) on a basketball scholarship. ...........................

Does not say if he graduated or not though.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still dont think we're in play but with Alabama hiring a literal question mark and having their entire team considering transferring and LSU probably losing 2-3 of their guys to the draft, Im not sure why he'd choose those two places if he wanted to win games. Not sure why he'd pick Indiana either in that scenario though

13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I still dont think we're in play but with Alabama hiring a literal question mark and having their entire team considering transferring and LSU probably losing 2-3 of their guys to the draft, Im not sure why he'd choose those two places if he wanted to win games. Not sure why he'd pick Indiana either in that scenario though

Memphis has been the presumed favorite for awhile

2 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Memphis has been the presumed favorite for awhile

I see that Duke and Tennessee among others has reached out to Kyra. If Kyra goes to Duke that could be a huge win for us on tbe Sharieff front. Right

4 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I see that Duke and Tennessee among others has reached out to Kyra. If Kyra goes to Duke that could be a huge win for us on tbe Sharieff front. Right

I thought we were talking about Watford. But yeah, if Kira goes to Duke or UK then that only helps us more with Cooper, assuming he doesn’t reclassify.

8 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I thought we were talking about Watford. But yeah, if Kira goes to Duke or UK then that only helps us more with Cooper, assuming he doesn’t reclassify.

I read somewhere that Hooks the Auburn Booster doesn’t think he reclassifies. 

Watford and Bucky ain’t coming bro.

On 3/1/2019 at 8:07 PM, tigeraddikt said:

never take a glance at AU? A huge in- state recruit with NBA potential should have merited at least a glance Auburn's way, particularly with Bruce at the helm. TIA.

I'm not saying Bruce and his staff have not desired to have TW, but that TW hasn't shown interest in AU at all. 

He sounds like a one-and-done, so I'm glad he isn't considering Auburn.  I hope we never get a one-and-done.  There's just too much "me ball" in a one-and-done's mind.

22 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Bucky McMillan

Coach McMillan, since taking over the Mountain Brook boys basketball program in 2008, has lead the Spartans to 6 Area Championships (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018), 8 Regional Appearances (2010, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018), 5 Final Four Appearances (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018), 1 State Championship Runner-Up (2015) and the school’s four Basketball State Championships (2013, 2014, 2017, 2018). With the success of the basketball program, Coach McMillan has been named the National Coach of the Year (2018) by the National High School Coaches Association, the Alabama Sports Writers Association State Coach of the Year (2013, 2014, 2015), Birmingham Tip Off State Coach of the Year (2012, 2015) and Over the Mountain Journal Coach of the Year (2013, 2014, 2015, 2018). Before returning to Mountain Brook High School in 2006 to coach the Junior Varsity team from 2006-2008, Coach McMillan attended Birmingham Southern College (2002-2006) on a basketball scholarship. ...........................

Does not say if he graduated or not though.

Nor does it list classes he teaches, because he doesn’t.

29 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

He sounds like a one-and-done, so I'm glad he isn't considering Auburn.  I hope we never get a one-and-done.  There's just too much "me ball" in a one-and-done's mind.

Watford may think he is a one and done but I just do not see it. At least not in the traditional sense. I do not think he will be a first round pick after 1 season. 

1 hour ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Ira Bowman was our assistant coach who Coop really likes. I think he even said in a interview before that Ira is who he most communicates with on the staff. I hope Bowmans screw ups at Penn does not cost us Coop.

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

So Memphis it is

yup. Penny is building a cal esque class from when he was at memphis. They already have the number 1 player in the country committed. If Kelvin Sampson cashes out and goes to Arky Memphis could win 30 games next year in the american.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

yup. Penny is building a cal esque class from when he was at memphis. They already have the number 1 player in the country committed. If Kelvin Sampson cashes out and goes to Arky Memphis could win 30 games next year in the american.

Yeah I def think he could. And they’re gonna have to produce big time or else Penny will be proven a bad game day coach. The American is becoming quite the gauntlet

1 minute ago, djg0017 said:

Yeah I def think he could. And they’re gonna have to produce big time or else Penny will be proven a bad game day coach. The American is becoming quite the gauntlet

Just think how good it could end up being in a few years if Danny Hurley gets Uconn back up to speed. For a school with 4 national titles in their history they have completely fallen off the map. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/1/2019 at 1:18 AM, TigerStripe said:

In case there was any doubt, notice the time he made this tweet.

What happened then?

On 4/12/2019 at 3:33 PM, Gene Loblaw said:

I think he’s absolutely heading to Memphis 

I think that might have been true till the late calls from duke.  My slim info is now weeks old so who knows now.

2 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I think that might have been true till the late calls from duke.  My slim info is now weeks old so who knows now.

Duke still has not gave him a commitable offer I do not believe or I agree he would def go there. I think they are choosing Matthew Hurts over him. Crystall Balls last few days on 247 have him going to Memphis. 

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

After Wade is reinstated:

I suppose the strong a** offer is still on the table now that Wade is back

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Two CBs to LSU today. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Bama is going to have to hire Bucky if they want Watford it looks like. Not only is he anywhere but Auburn but it looks like he is anywhere but the state of alabama hahahaha fine by me. We were never getting him anyways.

Archived