Chuma Okeke draft discussion

1 minute ago, DAG said:

S/O to @Tiger as well. What do you and @cole256 think of his fit with the magic. I would like to see him, Gordon and Mo Bamba on the court together! 

I'm officially a Magic fan now so I'm starting to research what the squad is like a little more in depth. I'm wondering if they're thinking of moving on from Jonathan Isaac since he's still on his rookie deal and Gordon is locked in. Gordon/Isaac/Chuma is a nice rotation at the 3/4 spot IMO

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol @GwillMac6 with the passive aggressive hate.....like I said earlier he didn't know @Tiger has been my protege the entire time! I've been excited about chumma since he was in high school I argued with people who said he wasn't ready yet, you don't have to average a triple double to be drafted, you just need a skill set and be great at it. 

super proud of chumma he certainly deserve it

3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I'm officially a Magic fan now so I'm starting to research what the squad is like a little more in depth. I'm wondering if they're thinking of moving on from Jonathan Isaac since he's still on his rookie deal and Gordon is locked in. Gordon/Isaac/Chuma is a nice rotation at the 3/4 spot IMO

I mean Aaron Gordon had a pretty sizeable role in Uncle Drew last summer. I mean what more do you need to know about the Magic before Chuma?! haha. That about sums it up! lmao

5 minutes ago, Tiger said:

This year while chumma is sitting Isaac is going to write his own gate. He better figure it out. Only person I like off the top of my head is Evan what's his face...he's actually good. Everybody else trash

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Lol @GwillMac6 with the passive aggressive hate.....like I said earlier he didn't know @Tiger has been my protege the entire time! I've been excited about chumma since he was in high school I argued with people who said he wasn't ready yet, you don't have to average a triple double to be drafted, you just need a skill set and be great at it. 

Not hate at all!!! I just want my guy to EL TIGRE to start getting some recognition for his basketball acumen around here! He is one of the rare AU fans who is more passionate about AU bball than AU fball. He knows his stuff. Everyone talks about other peoples basketball knowledge and not his. SO I was just making sure he does not get lost in the shuffle. 

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Magic fans are very excited about this pick. I think him and Gordon can definitely play really good with each other for sure. Magic slowly getting a squad down there.

18 minutes ago, DAG said:

S/O to @Tiger as well. What do you and @cole256 think of his fit with the magic. I would like to see him, Gordon and Mo Bamba on the court together! 

I imagine the team roster is going to be much different by time he'll be able to play so I don't know yet. If he was playing right now I think he'd be on the floor alot shutting people down

20 minutes ago, Tiger said:

They really need a 2 guard and let Fournier run the point. Just wish Gordon or chumma could handle the ball a little more

21 minutes ago, cole256 said:

That was on some Kanye west stuff

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d0c44783151335841

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

That was on some Kanye west stuff

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8975d0c44783151335841

They love to hate the kid 

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Honestly, this is my favorite part of the draft. The 2ND round. So many gems. 

BOL BOL still out there baby! haha. Poor dude. I never thought he would fall this far.

Good spot for him. Isaac is young and needs to step up. Gordon is a great player. So is Fournier and Vooch. Def not “trash”. And if Fultz ever gets his head on straight, that will be fun to watch 

21 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

BOL BOL still out there baby! haha. Poor dude. I never thought he would fall this far.

Yeah me neither. Unfortunately, this is why it is important not to rush out to get to the next level. He already had questions about his motor going into his freshman year. He has a lot of untapped talent, but you can tell he needed to get stronger in his earlier games at Oregon. Add injury, and now he is questionable for the foreseeable future.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Yeah me neither. Unfortunately, this is why it is important not to rush out to get to the next level. He already had questions about his motor going into his freshman year. He has a lot of untapped talent, but you can tell he needed to get stronger in his earlier games at Oregon. Add injury, and now he is questionable for the foreseeable future.

Daniel Gafford was in a huge rush. All SEC season on the SEC network it was talked about incessantly how he is a lottery pick and this was reiterated every time Arkansas was on t.v. WELP he just continued to fall fall fall through the year and he fell all the way out of the first round. Not as shocked about that since it was trending that way. But damn dude. He was only a sophmore too. At least he got picked in the second round by now at 38 to the Bulls.

f.png

Archived