Glyphosate Found in 19 of 20 Beers and Wines Tested

DKW 86

Glyphosate Found in 19 of 20 Beers and Wines Tested

The drink with the highest glyphosate concentration was Sutter Home Merlot, at 51.4 parts per billion (ppb). Popular beer brands like Coors Light, Miller Lite and Budweiser all had concentrations above 25 ppb. The full results of the study, from highest to lowest glyphosate concentration in ppb, are listed below.

Wines

1. Sutter Home Merlot: 51.4 ppb
  2. Beringer Founders Estates Moscato: 42.6 ppb
  3. Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon: 36.3 ppb
  4. Inkarri Malbec, Certified Organic: 5.3 ppb
  5. Frey Organic Natural White: 4.8 ppb

Beers

1. Tsingtao Beer: 49.7 ppb
  2. Coors Light: 31.1 ppb
  3. Miller Lite: 29.8 ppb
  4. Budweiser: 27.0 ppb
  5. Corona Extra: 25.1 ppb
  6. Heineken: 20.9 ppb
  7. Guinness Draught: 20.3 ppb
  8. Stella Artois: 18.7 ppb
  9. Ace Perry Hard Cider: 14.5 ppb
  10. Sierra Nevada Pale Ale: 11.8 ppb
  11. New Belgium Fat Tire Amber Ale: 11.2 ppb
  12. Sam Adams New England IPA: 11.0 ppb
  13. Stella Artois Cidre: 9.1 ppb
  14. Samuel Smith's Organic Lager: 5.7 ppb

The only beverage tested that contained no glyphosate was Peak Beer Organic IPA.

The amounts found were far below the safety limits for glyphosate set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), as Bayer toxicologist William Reeves told CBS News via a spokesperson.

"The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency sets daily exposure limits at least 100 times below levels shown to have no negative effect in safety studies," Reeves said. "Assuming the greatest value reported, 51.4 ppb, is correct, a 125-pound adult would have to consume 308 gallons of wine per day, every day for life to reach the US Environmental Protection Agency's glyphosate exposure limit for humans. To put 308 gallons into context, that would be more than a bottle of wine every minute, for life, without sleeping."

IMHO, this is how you gin up enough bad publicity that you get businessmen to pay you $Ms to go away. 

There is literally no reason to even discuss this article.

The worst offender is 1/556 of the safe limit by the EPA.
The safe limit for water is still 14x higher than the worst offender here. 

But suing most Water Authorities isnt going to make you rich...
However, scaring businessmen into paying out $Ms for you to go away is now a growth industry...

It's a carcinogen and shouldn't be in any of it at all.

I still use Roundup, but now I put on jeans, a long sleeve shirt, safety glasses and rubber work gloves when I'm spraying our flower beds and such.  I'm not taking any chances.

57 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I still use Roundup, but now I put on jeans, a long sleeve shirt, safety glasses and rubber work gloves when I'm spraying our flower beds and such.  I'm not taking any chances.

Use a dust mask or respirator too. I don’t think us home owners are at much risk. It’s farmers, golf course employees and landscapers who are exposed more often that would be in trouble. 

I also hope you don’t buy the “Round Up” brand. I get glyphosate at the co-op for pennies compared to the brand name. 

54 minutes ago, alexava said:

Use a dust mask or respirator too. I don’t think us home owners are at much risk. It’s farmers, golf course employees and landscapers who are exposed more often that would be in trouble. 

I also hope you don’t buy the “Round Up” brand. I get glyphosate at the co-op for pennies compared to the brand name. 

I do use a mask as well, particularly if there's any breeze.

I've been buying the Roundup concentrate and using my backpack sprayer.  But I'll look into the generic.

5 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I've been buying the Roundup concentrate and using my backpack sprayer.  But I'll look into the generic.

A relative of someone close to me died of health complications stemming from Roundup. Resulted in a very big settlement. 

26 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I think ‘ Cornerstone ‘ is the generic name I bought. But a 2.5 gallon jug is like 49$ and it lasted me 7-8 years. I take care of myself (2 houses) and my moms. She’s got about an acre I spay solid 2x a year.  I just bought another jug last year because I was very low and still haven’t finished the old one yet. It’s actually a stronger % concentration than the brand name. 

For my home I am going t try the vinegar, salt, Dawn mixture when it warms up. It’ll be more expensive but if it works I’ll enjoy the peice of mind using caution where my kids play. 

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

A relative of someone close to me died of health complications stemming from Roundup. Resulted in a very big settlement. 

And that was my point...

For those of you that care, The Coffee Party Movement is the one pushing this. They are a nominally Democrat Party org. The math was just so bad on this that it stuck out like a sore thumb. These drinks are so massively under the EPA legal limits that no one should even care about the article. But yet, here we go with another article trying to scare the hell out of everyone. I usually agree with TCPM stuff, but...this was just so over the top bad...

Most drinking water supplies have traces of arsenic. This is along the same line as saying you should avoid all tap-water.

As for the round-up deal - keep in mind the current "findings" are all based on an inconclusive WHO report. It is a very interesting case given what just recently happened in California of all places. I cannot think of the judges name, but you should read his remarks to the plaintiff and his legal team. 

I think the real message here is how most if not all made-made chemicals invariably wind up in our ecosystem, especially those intended for use outdoors.

I read a recent article talking about how micro-fibers of plastic can be detected in all samples of sea salt.

5 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

What do you wear when you drink Bud?

11 hours ago, alexava said:

I think ‘ Cornerstone ‘ is the generic name I bought. But a 2.5 gallon jug is like 49$ and it lasted me 7-8 years. I take care of myself (2 houses) and my moms. She’s got about an acre I spay solid 2x a year.  I just bought another jug last year because I was very low and still haven’t finished the old one yet. It’s actually a stronger % concentration than the brand name. 

For my home I am going t try the vinegar, salt, Dawn mixture when it warms up. It’ll be more expensive but if it works I’ll enjoy the peice of mind using caution where my kids play. 

Holy s***, you're right.  I found the same stuff (actually higher concentration) at Tractor Supply.  The Roundup in a gallon size is about $100.  The no-name brand is $25 for a gallon.  Thanks for the tip!

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Sorry  @augolf1716  

Looks like PBR is not even test worthy

Maybe we could use PBR in place of Roundup? I am no beer snob, but really? PBR? :o lol

7 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

Maybe we could use PBR in place of Roundup? I am no beer snob, but really? PBR? :o lol

Actually, PBR tastes better than far more popular beers like Bud Light, Coors Light, etc.  It's pretty much the same thing as regular Bud, Coors, and other American adjunct lagers that put cheap ingredients like corn and rice in in lieu of (or in addition to a smaller amount of) barley to give it a lighter, blander taste.

22 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Actually, PBR tastes better than far more popular beers like Bud Light, Coors Light, etc.  It's pretty much the same thing as regular Bud, Coors, and other American adjunct lagers that put cheap ingredients like corn and rice in in lieu of (or in addition to a smaller amount of) barley to give it a lighter, blander taste.

I think I could easily drink the round up straight out of the jug before drinking PBR. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I think I could easily drink the round up straight out of the jug before drinking PBR. 

Bud, PBR, Michelob, Coors.  All tastes like watered down horse piss anyway.

27 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Bud, PBR, Michelob, Coors.  All tastes like watered down horse piss anyway.

The most erroneous post you have ever made. BUT I really and truly have no idea what horse piss tastes like. So I’ll let you have the benefit of doubt. 

To honor golf I got a PBR from the iced tub on the way home from work one night a couple months ago. I have never been one to litter....but after a couple pulls I had to throw it out the window. Seriously. I can drink all the other ones you mentioned and enjoy them. 

Archived