Women's NCAA Tourney Resume

Pretty much just copying this Al.Com article: https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/03/a-look-at-auburn-womens-basketballs-ncaa-tournament-resume.html

"Best Wins: Home vs. Missouri (No. 27), Neutral vs. North Carolina (No. 34), Away vs. New Mexico (No. 54), Away vs. LSU (No. 64), Away vs. Arkansas (No. 96)

Worst Losses: None

It might not seem true, but it is. Auburn has zero bad losses this season. Their losses came to teams ranked in the RPI (No. 9, No. 11, No. 15 No. 18, No. 27, No. 21, No. 63 (twice))"

To me, it just seems like we have a grip of really solid wins, and no particularly bad losses. What was interesting to me is that we were 6-2 on the road in conference, but 3-5 at home. I know we played some real heavyweights here, but that's quite odd. Hopefully as they start rounding out the depth with an increased level of talent, we begin shoring up home. Not to constantly compare them to the men's squad, but that was the first big step they took in becoming semi-elite 

• WarTiger changed the title to Women's NCAA Tourney Resume

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Pretty much just copying this Al.Com article: https://www.al.com/auburnbasketball/2019/03/a-look-at-auburn-womens-basketballs-ncaa-tournament-resume.html

"Best Wins: Home vs. Missouri (No. 27), Neutral vs. North Carolina (No. 34), Away vs. New Mexico (No. 54), Away vs. LSU (No. 64), Away vs. Arkansas (No. 96)

Worst Losses: None

It might not seem true, but it is. Auburn has zero bad losses this season. Their losses came to teams ranked in the RPI (No. 9, No. 11, No. 15 No. 18, No. 27, No. 21, No. 63 (twice))"

To me, it just seems like we have a grip of really solid wins, and no particularly bad losses. What was interesting to me is that we were 6-2 on the road in conference, but 3-5 at home. I know we played some real heavyweights here, but that's quite odd. Hopefully as they start rounding out the depth with an increased level of talent, we begin shoring up home. Not to constantly compare them to the men's squad, but that was the first big step they took in becoming semi-elite 

The win at LSU (who is definitely on the bubble) went a long way in solidifying our tourney bid. The problem is we lack a lot of really signature wins, but as the article said... no bad losses. 9-7 in the league will not be left out though. 

Bama beat Vandy so we play the Tide Thursday night. Get by them, and we draw Texas A&M who is without their star, Chennedy Carter, due to a finger injury. 

1 hour ago, all4AU said:

The win at LSU (who is definitely on the bubble) went a long way in solidifying our tourney bid. The problem is we lack a lot of really signature wins, but as the article said... no bad losses. 9-7 in the league will not be left out though. 

Bama beat Vandy so we play the Tide Thursday night. Get by them, and we draw Texas A&M who is without their star, Chennedy Carter, due to a finger injury. 

I try to make a point not to make fun of anyone's spelling of a name, but something like Chennedy gives me medium blood pressure

20 hours ago, warladytigers said:

We were about 3 seconds away from going into OT with A&M - we should have won that game....

Our advantage tonight is that Chennedy is out for them.

Their advantage is that they are fresh and we had to play last night. 

Scoring is tough in tournament play, but after the LSU and Bama games, I am hoping we have a better shooting night. 

On 3/6/2019 at 10:26 PM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I try to make a point not to make fun of anyone's spelling of a name, but something like Chennedy gives me medium blood pressure

Makes me want to look at the parents and say "REALLY?"

We are a projected 10 seed.  As of today, that would likely place us into a bracket playing Stanford.  That makes for a quick trip back to Auburn.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

We are a projected 10 seed.  As of today, that would likely place us into a bracket playing Stanford.  That makes for a quick trip back to Auburn.

Stanford area is beautiful however.....would be a nice trip.  

Archived