Iron Bowl Trophy Presentation Fight Song Tradition

CameronCrazy

The announcers mentioned that Auburn officials had sung the Alabama fight song during halftime last night when the Iron Bowl trophy was presented to Saban. Is that true? 

Did Alabama sing the fight song last year during the trophy presentation at Auburn. I seem to remember that for some reason they didn’t. I also remember the SGA President claiming that he couldn’t make it to the trophy presentation in Auburn after the 2013 victory because of weather related issues. 

IF this is correct, then there is absolutely no reason for us to keep this tradition going if UAT refuses to participate. 

7 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

The announcers mentioned that Auburn officials had sung the Alabama fight song during halftime last night when the Iron Bowl trophy was presented to Saban. Is that true? 

Did Alabama sing the fight song last year during the trophy presentation at Auburn. I seem to remember that for some reason they didn’t. I also remember the SGA President claiming that he couldn’t make it to the trophy presentation in Auburn after the 2013 victory because of weather related issues. 

IF this is correct, then there is absolutely no reason for us to keep this tradition going if UAT refuses to participate. 

I think you are correct on both points about UA. Being gracious in defeat means Auburn handled the loss well. Bama doesn't handle loss well, the feeling of entitlement seems to do that to people. Another example of Bama being Bama. 

It is good we are being the bigger person.  Shows how much more class we have over them.

2 hours ago, CullmanTiger said:

I know 2013 they didn't show, I think they didn't show twice

If I recall correctly, they were a no-show after the 2013 game and showed but didn't sing the AU fight song last year.

We should stop singing it.

We had a mutual agreement that the loser sang the song at the bball game. They haven't followed through. Why should we? You wouldn't keep telling an ex-girlfriend you love her after she dumped you, would you? Bama dumped the tradition, it's over. Let's not be "that" guy.

Why should Auburn have to sing Alabama's fight song when Alabama folks didn't break out into our fight song last year.

1 hour ago, penguin149 said:

Or make our own lyrics to their crap song....let's see what you've got!

Their own fans don't know the words to their song.  Why should we?

That "tradition" has run its course....means nothing to either school at this point.

10 hours ago, penguin149 said:

Or make our own lyrics to their crap song....let's see what you've got!  

I'll start it off, add to it as you see fit...

Hey Alabama,  Crimson Tide,
You give Updykes everywhere a sense of pride.
Seventeen trophies, many from Bear
You didn't really win them all, but you don't care.

There's already an XXX rated version of their song, but I don't think we'd want to sing it in a family atmosphere, even in Tuskaloser.

Archived