WAR EAGLE CHALLENGE

On 3/7/2019 at 1:12 PM, around4ever said:

The networks are in the heat of college basketball season.  There are very few softball games ever televised until basketball regular season is over.  After that, we have numerous games scheduled for TV.  

Yes - but that isn't the problem.....number of crews and bandwidth.......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that was left center, but it counts either way.  I thought I saw Veach salivating as she watched those 50 mph pitches float in.  The first pitcher (Huffman) gave us lots of trouble with her rise ball.  That is evidently a hard problem to solve. Several mistakes by us added suspense. Taylon tried to get 2 bases on a ball that produces two bases often, but the Radford CF cut that one off quickly. TAnnon apparently lost a popup in the sun, then Perry muffs one at first. Tannon continues strong at the plate, however. Play of the game was Godwin's pinch-hit single to tie the game with two outs. I'm really liking that girl.

2 hours ago, warladytigers said:

Yes - but that isn't the problem.....number of crews and bandwidth.......

Ahhh.  You're talking about streaming on the Auburn Sports Network not Network TV.  I gotcha now.  Yes, one camera behind home plate with no play by play is better than nothing.  

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Ahhh.  You're talking about streaming on the Auburn Sports Network not Network TV.  I gotcha now.  Yes, one camera behind home plate with no play by play is better than nothing.  

Best I can tell, the baseball game is not being televised either......all I can find is radio.

Third inning AU and USTA scoreless but AU just scoring on a misplay by the UTSA defense....let a ball drop and  Ward scores....

Well, the Mercer game was fun - lots to be encouraged by.  Loved Dowell's triple in the 6th, followed by a solid single by Nillen.  But dang, that was a rough game.  Four players injured to some extent.  Hope they're all OK.  Godwyn continues to swing a deadly bat.  She's gonna have to be the DP.  Handley is looking like the #2 pitcher at this point.  Perry's injury made me wonder what we would do if Perry was unable to play.  Move Tannon to first and let Dowell play third?

I'm thinking Makayla pitches against Louisville, and Harris v. Mich. St. tomorrow.  If we play Radford Sunday, Handley again

Tennessee just run-ruled Florida, 9-1 (5) in Gainesville.  Barnhill surrendered 3 homers.

11 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Well, the Mercer game was fun - lots to be encouraged by.  Loved Dowell's triple in the 6th, followed by a solid single by Nillen.  But dang, that was a rough game.  Four players injured to some extent.  Hope they're all OK.  Godwyn continues to swing a deadly bat.  She's gonna have to be the DP.  Handley is looking like the #2 pitcher at this point.  Perry's injury made me wonder what we would do if Perry was unable to play.  Move Tannon to first and let Dowell play third?

I'm thinking Makayla pitches against Louisville, and Harris v. Mich. St. tomorrow.  If we play Radford Sunday, Handley again

Tennessee just run-ruled Florida, 9-1 (5) in Gainesville.  Barnhill surrendered 3 homers.

Thought that first line drive by Godwin was the most impressive hit of the game.  I think you are right regarding any potential injury to Perry any movement of Snow to 1st.  I believe Handley played the corners in high school and has stated she could play there.  Do not know if they are working her at those positions at practice.  Because of the earlier injury to Tissier, we have a similar shortage of back up at catcher so I suspect they are giving Handley maximum practice there.  I would hate to see Tannon Snow moved from third; she has been so impressive there as well as at bat. That double play she turned last night was fantastic.  Her return after "illness" warms my heart.  

I had not seen that Gator vs Vols score...….bit of a shocker.  Also just saw LSU over Tex A&M  17 - 3 at College Station.  LSU scored 8 runs in the 5th.

I think you meant to state that they are giving Nillen maximum practice at catcher, not Handley.  Does anyone know the exact status of Godwin?  Will she see the field this year?  A  nervous moment yesterday when she slid into second awkwardly, but apparently she is OK.  Would hate to lose that bat.

Florida has not been scoring many runs this year, surprisingly.  They still have Lorenz, Jordan Matthews, the redhead with the Italian name, and they brought in Kendyl Lindaman, the homer-hitting phenom from Minnesota.  I have thought that UT was somewhat overrated until yesterday.

Tennessee beating the Gators 3-0 right now.

I am greatly encouraged that we are successfully working on bunting. Agree with those above about Godwin. She hits HARD line drives ! Overall the team seems to be coming together quite well. 

Currently leading Louisville 3-1 with two outs in top 6.  Danielle Watson a pretty good hurler for them - we have 5 hits, they have 4.  Fornis and Veach with big hits; Crack scored in the first on a wild pitch.  Martin with 9 Ks.

Louisville gets a run in top 6, Auburn answers with 3 in the bottom.  6-2 Auburn going to top 7.

Perry walked, Maresette pr, fornis SAC bunt, wild pitch, Tay singles, scoring Maresette.  Crack homers..

GAME OVER.  Auburn 6, Louisville 2.  Makayla with eleven strikeouts.

WAR EAGLE M&M!!!!!!

Casey Mc with a home run to pretty much nail down the win.....will be interesting to see if this power surge holds up when the SEC season starts but even at this point in the season, the hitters have really stepped it up. 

Good job by the hitting coach.

Wow, Georgia beaten by Elon?  Georgia pitching is suspect.  UT has a frosh pitcher named Ashley Rogers that's pretty good.  held UF to 3 or 4 hits today.  Florida is struggling with offense, and they don't have quite the pitching they've had the past 3-4 years.  Lugo started for them and gave up btb homers from Bearden and Osbron.

In our game, I see that Mich. St. has tied it in top 4 with no outs.  Veach had a solo shot for us; Godwin singled and later scored.  Harris pitching.

Auburn retakes the lead 3-2 on Veach's second bomb of the game.  She also homered against this same pitcher Thursday night.

Harris walks the leadoff batter in top 5; she makes it to third on a pair of groundouts, but Harris ends the inning with her 8th strikeout.

Going to top 7 at 3-2.  AU had bases loaded with two out in bottom 6, but Fornis struck out - only the 2d SO for Watson.

And that's the final, 3-2 Auburn.  Chardonnay struck out the last batter looking for her 11th strikeout. 

Are we done for the weekend? What was our final record? The games kinda ran together on me.

15 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

Are we done for the weekend? What was our final record? The games kinda ran together on me.

Suppose to play Radford Sunday acording to schedule but I think the weather may be a problem

1 hour ago, ArgoEagle said:

We swept so far this weekend.  5 or 6 wins I think.  Playing good softball right now.  Impressed with the chemistry so far.  Wish more games were on TV

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

We swept so far this weekend.  5 or 6 wins I think.  Playing good softball right now.  Impressed with the chemistry so far.  Wish more games were on TV

After next weekend is when the mass influx of games on the SEC Network should start. After the SEC Tourney for bball is over we will be able to see a lot more games on t.v. But TBH every year in the non conference is like this. The T.v. coverage really picks up come conference season. 

7 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

After next weekend is when the mass influx of games on the SEC Network should start. After the SEC Tourney for bball is over we will be able to see a lot more games on t.v. But TBH every year in the non conference is like this. The T.v. coverage really picks up come conference season. 

The SEC+ games are broadcast using Auburn's resources if I am not mistaken.  As some have mentioned, 1 camera with no announcers would suffice. I thought with the big name teams in Auburn this weekend, we would find a way to show more.  There may be more behind the scenes reason why we can't that I don't know about of course. 

The desire to sell tickets and put fans in the stadium may be a factor.  That used to be (decades ago) a big deal in football.  Seeing lots of push on the websites to sell tickets that I don't recall in previous years.  I think it's more about wanting fans at the games than about the money.

I wonder how our homerun totals stack up so far this year compared to last year?

It seems to be quite a bit more, but not sure. Wondering if this means they have worked and improved on their power hitting? Veach certainly seems to have more consistent pop.

According to auburntigers.com, the first TV game on a "regular" network will be vs. A&M Saturday, March 16th on the SEC network.

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

I wonder how our homerun totals stack up so far this year compared to last year?

It seems to be quite a bit more, but not sure. Wondering if this means they have worked and improved on their power hitting? Veach certainly seems to have more consistent pop.

36 homers this year to date; 43 homers all last year.  Veach has 10, hit 7 all last year.  To see more go here:  https://auburntigers.com/cumestats.aspx?path=softball

Archived