2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

21 offers including AU, SCe, UGA, LSU, Miami, Michigan, ND, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Vols, UNC, NC State
Major AU target
Grew up at Fort Benning through elementary school

Looks very good on both sides of the ball.  I would imagine LB will be his college destination. He seems to know where the ball is going and covers ground fast in pursuit of the ball. I would love to have him.

He’s got decent speed and size, but more importantly he’s got good instincts on defense!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I remember the last 4 star LB from N. Carolina. Kris Frost wasn't too shabby

• Facepalm 1

17 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

tenor.gif

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Frost was a pretty good LB

His SR year. Didn't play close to a 4* level before then.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Angry 1

5 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Oh Bird please dont torture me with that GIF anymore!!!! I cant take it lol. Frost was a pretty good LB

I agree...pretty good...just never reached the point where he was projected. But a very serviceable LB

WAR EAGLE!!!

He was a step above Holland and two or three behind Davis. He was a very passive defender that wasn't the quickest diagnostician. JMO

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This is the video clip that best exemplifies Frost’s physicality at LB, IMO:

7C747466-62B0-4F09-A2C8-025EF6AAD2B7.gif

• Haha 2

Didn't say KF was All-American or All-Sec but he was a good player. Y'all seem to forget that awful shoulder injury in 2012(?). Was on the Butkus list for his Jr and Sr seasons. All SEC third team his Sr year. Again, not too shabby.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Didn't say KF was All-American or All-Sec but he was a good player. Y'all seem to forget that awful shoulder injury in 2012(?). Was on the Butkus list for his Jr and Sr seasons. All SEC third team his Sr year. Again, not too shabby.

Again for 1 season. His SR year only. Before then like Bird said he was awful at making reads & I'll say he basically gave OLs the o-lay treatment as they were blocking downfield. Injury or not he was....

lcdCMWz.gif

And yes I'm thankful for his contributions his SR year but gotta call a spade a spade.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tbone4jc said:

Noone has said he was not a good player. He just never developed into the 5* that he was expected to. 

WAR EAGLE!!!

29 minutes ago, tigerken said:

Any idea where Simpson is leaning?

Nothing more than it appears to be an Auburn UGA battle.  Just patiently waiting for crystal balls to be dropped by Keith and the writers over at UGA 247

1 hour ago, AubWes33 said:

Hope we can get this kid. Come on T-Will! 

I think we have a very good chance with T-Will in our corner.

• Like 3

cera.gif

off.gif

tr.gif

rtr.gif

3434uioioptytrgf.gif

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

cera.gif

off.gif

tr.gif

rtr.gif

3434uioioptytrgf.gif

giphy.gif

wait.....

omgwtf.gif

and

giphy.gif

Gus is still coach. Maintain your composure, Jeff!!

Too late!!!!

giphy.gif

Edited by aujeff11

Finally someone grows a pair & makes a pick other than UNC. Steve Wiltfong with the pick to AU. Will feel better if & when Keith & the UGA writers follow suit.

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Commit watch 6/14/19)

2 more crystal balls for AU. These from NC St writers which are in his state. Keith keeps being cryptic without putting in a pick. It's bugging some readers over there.

• Haha 1

Auburn trending for 4-star OLB Trenton Simpson

By Chance Linton

The Auburn Tigers are trending in the 247Sports Crystal Ball for one of the top linebacker prospects in the country.

With Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek four-star linebacker Trenton Simpson set to make his commitment on Friday, the Crystal Ball predictions have been rolling in for the Tigers over the past few days.

After picking up three predictions for the 6-foot-2.5, 220-pounder, Auburn has moved into a tie with North Carolina for the Crystal Ball lead. The Tigers and Tar Heels each hold 43 percent of the predictions in the Crystal Ball, while the remaining 14 percent are undecided.

Auburn is one of five finalists for Simpson, along with Georgia, Miami, North Carolina and Tennessee. He’s scheduled to announce his decision on Friday at 3 p.m. CT at his high school.

Simpson has visited the Auburn campus on two occasions this year, most recently taking an official visit for Big Cat Weekend on June 1. He also took an unofficial visit in early March.

According to the 247Sports Composite, Simpson is ranked as the nation’s No. 52 overall prospect and No. 4 outside linebacker in the 2020 class. He’s also the No. 2 player in North Carolina.

At the Opening Regional in Charlotte earlier this spring, he posted a 4.69 40-yard dash, a 4.34 short shuttle, a 37.8-inch vertical and a 38.5-foot Power Ball throw, giving him a SPARQ rating of 113.91, which was good for the fifth-best mark of any player on hand at the camp. He was also named the top overall performer at the camp by 247Sports, walking away with Alpha Dog honors.

Here’s the full scouting report on Simpson from 247Sports National Recruiting Analyst Charles Power:

“Has a high-cut build with wide shoulders and a developed lower body. Already well-put together heading into his senior season. Possesses very nice length with long arms. His ultimate size remains to be seen, but it’s not out of the question he could grow into an edge player at the next level. Highly athletic and tests well in a combine setting. Initially began his high school career as a running back before playing linebacker in addition to carrying the ball. Has a long stride and runs with explosion and fluidity on both sides of the ball. Excels as a blitzer off the edge. Uses his high-end first-step quickness to blow by offensive linemen off the snap and closes quickly. Has shown a desirable level of physicality both on the field and in camp settings, showing strong hands. Embraces contact on both sides of the ball. Fluidity and flexibility is evident in his forward lean and low pad level as a running back. Is battle-tested playing at a top level of competition for one of North Carolina’s top high school programs. Scheme versatile as a defender and could develop into a blue-chip pass rusher depending on how he fills out. Projects as a multi-year starter with the upside of developing into an all-American candidate and early round NFL Draft pick.”

With nine commits for the 2020 recruiting cycle, Auburn currently boasts the No. 22 class in the country and No. 9 class in the Southeastern Conference, according to the 247Sports Composite Team Rankings. The Tigers’ full class can be seen below.

• Love 2