2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

Have ANOTHER L North Carolina. 4-6 on the season.  I know this kid is not going to be in this class. Just enjoying every loss his future school has!!! hahaha. I AM HELLLLLLLLA PETTTY!!!! Mack Brown has been a pain in Auburns ass for several years. Took Chizik and Muschamp away from us when they were DC's here and now our highest ranked commit!!! LEAVE US ALONE OLD MAN!!!! lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

Have ANOTHER L North Carolina. 4-6 on the season.  I know this kid is not going to be in this class. Just enjoying every loss his future school has!!! hahaha. I AM HELLLLLLLLA PETTTY!!!! Mack Brown has been a pain in Auburns ass for several years. Took Chizik and Muschamp away from us when they were DC's here and now our highest ranked commit!!! LEAVE US ALONE OLD MAN!!!! lol

Just hope Mack won't be a pain in our side again next fall. We need to beat him to let those NC recruits who is the better football program. We will have a chance to take care of business in that game.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/14/2019 at 11:48 PM, GwillMac6 said:

Never thought about that... But yeah, the man has poaching Auburn for years!

• Haha 1

He also has Cam'ron Kelly. That situation was a little different, but Kelly was in orange and blue. Now, he's in powder blue. Before he was injured this year, he looked like a heck of a player. Looked like he would've fit right in with our defensive personnel, which is a great compliment.

This was one of the weirdest and strangest recruitment in recent memory as it pertains to AU. He was all AU up until early October. He was one of our most vocal recruits and always recruiting people and then it turned ON A DIME and he stopped posting about AU cold turkey............ SMH. Dude is a freaking beast so it hurts. All 3 of the highly rated LBs that have decommitted from us this class.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

All 3 of the highly rated LBs that have decommitted from us this class.

2 LBs & a Buck. Ironically our lowest rated LB Cam Riley is having the best season of all the LBs we have &/or had committed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Hope he was able to see the game . This kid could start next year at AU

May be one of those things where he did not have a "choice". I think the rumors were he had people in his camp pushing him to UNC.

• Like 1

Kid is talented, but there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell he could start for us over Pappoe, Britt, McClain, and Wooten next year. He’d have to beat out three of those guys to start. No chance. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Kid is talented, but there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell he could start for us over Pappoe, Britt, McClain, and Wooten next year. He’d have to beat out three of those guys to start. No chance. 

Agree. I do think he’d get time though. TWill has rotated in LBs all season depending on the situation

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Agree. I do think he’d get time though. TWill has rotated in LBs all season depending on the situation

Think about how good that position would look had we decided to pull the trigger and give Monty Rice a commitable offer in the 2017 class. It’s crazy how much better our LB recruiting has gotten since T-Will became a full time position coach and not just an analyst. 

As it pertains to Simpson, I’d love to get him back in this class but not at the expense of not having a slot for a big-time DL or Buck. 

19 minutes ago, AUinGA44 said:

Think about how good that position would look had we decided to pull the trigger and give Monty Rice a commitable offer in the 2017 class.

I actually met Monty after a game in 2016 of that year. Nice kid. Loved Auburn too. 

6 hours ago, mcgufcm said:

Love the athleticism AU has brought to the LB group. Pappoe, Wooten and McClain are great for todays offenses. If one of our old LB's had intercepted that pass in the end zone they wouldnt have made it to midfield before being tackled.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AUinGA44 said:

As it pertains to Simpson, I’d love to get him back in this class but not at the expense of not having a slot for a big-time DL or Buck. 

I'm not sure we end up taking a buck in this class FWIW.

44 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not sure we end up taking a buck in this class FWIW.

I saw posted in the Webb thread that LSU is trending big and has been for a while. Are we pretty much conceding him to them?

1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

I saw posted in the Webb thread that LSU is trending big and has been for a while. Are we pretty much conceding him to them?

Not conceeding but they will be very tough to beat. I think they have been leading since he took back to back visits there thisSummer.

• 2 weeks later...

AND TRENTON SIMPSON DECOMMITTED FROM THIS MAN?!?!??! THE GOAT LB COACH?!?!??! lolololol OK THEN!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE OUR COACH!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAMN TWILL!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Love 2

12 minutes ago, Mysticbear said:

Almost a 100% this guy comes to Auburn. He grew interest from North Carolina after the Clemson game but has calmed down and looks pretty good for AU to get this guy back.

What do you know that we don't know?

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

What do you know that we don't know?

I think he is enamored with Clemson personally. But he is going to UNC for family reasons.

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Mysticbear said:

Almost a 100% this guy comes to Auburn. He grew interest from North Carolina after the Clemson game but has calmed down and looks pretty good for AU to get this guy back.

Nope. He’s all Tar Heel! I could go ahead and move this thread over to the rivals section which I may do. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Nope. He’s all Tar Heel! I could go ahead and move this thread over to the rivals section which I may do. 

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f299f323e49fb3b22baf0

• Like 1

20 hours ago, ellitor said:

This is not true still 50 - 50 I think Auburn is very close still but North Carolina just had a good moment.