2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

• ellitor changed the title to 2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson Commits to AU!
  • ellitor pinned this topic

4-star LB commits to Auburn

By Keith Niebuhr
9281181.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offs
(Photo: Ted Hyman, 247Sports)

Trenton Simpson began attending Auburn games as a child when his father was stationed at nearby Fort Benning in Georgia. In 2020, the 4-star linebacker will be back at Jordan-Hare Stadium, not as a fan ... but as a Tigers player.

That's because the heralded recruit from Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek committed to Auburn on Friday during a ceremony at his school.

Simpson, the No. 52 overall recruit nationally in the industry generated 247Sports Composite, chose the Tigers over Georgia, North Carolina and Tennessee. He becomes the highest-ranked prospect on the Auburn commit list in the 2020 class. Four-star receiver Kobe Hudson of LaGrange (Ga.) Troup County is the only other top-100 recruit currently in the class.

Simpson is commitment No. 10 for Auburn and the fourth in June. The Tigers might not be done this month either.

With Simpson, Auburn jumped from No. 23 to No. 18 in the class rankings. The Tigers were 29th when the month began. Simpson is the only linebacker committed to Auburn, which hopes to sign two or three more, according to sources.

Simpson officially visited Auburn from May 31-June 2, the same time as Auburn's Big Cat Weekend recruiting event. A week later, Simpson and his family were back in Auburn for a visit both parties apparently wanted to keep quiet. For the touted prospect, that was his third known trip to Auburn this year.

At times in this recruitment, North Carolina seemed to have the edge. At times, it looked as though he may favor Georgia. But in the end, Auburn, and linebackers coach Travis Williams, won out.

"I love the coaching staff, love the program, the atmosphere and how Coach T-Will builds players up," Simpson recently told Auburn Undercover. "You don’t have to be a 5-star there. You don’t have to be the perfect guy. He’s going to build you up to get you to the level you need to be at.”

The Tigers did not just win over Simpson, but they apparently won over his family as well

“My family loves (Auburn),” Simpson said. “Being 45 minutes away growing up, I went and watched games there. My mom loves it there."

At Big Cat Weekend, Simpson bonded well with some of Auburn's other key linebacker targets, notably Wesley Steiner, Desmond Tisdol and Phillip Webb -- all 4-star recruits from Georgia. Auburn probably is the team to beat for Tisdol and is a top contender for both Steiner and Webb. Cameron Riley of Evergreen (Ala.) Hillcrest, another 4-star backer, visited Auburn last weekend and the Tigers likely are the front-runner with him. 

• Like 3

• Love 2
  • Haha 1

Great get. He seems a little bigger than some of the other OLBs we've signed. Looks like he might have a mean streak. 

Staff doing work. Love it. 

• Like 2

Man, I been on the Heels 247 page and thy are all crying about him flipping. Saying we bought him yada yada yad.......He didn't flip, he was never committed. My goodness yall should check it out. They are mad because we been spanking their powder blue heels off

• Like 1

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WAR DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM T WILLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

343.gif

cp.gif

denz.gif

elg.gif

exc.gif

gg.gif

tc.gif

woll.gif

trtr.gif

• Like 2

Boom boom booming 💥!!!

No doubt a huge pick-up...……..WDE BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

yall should check it out

Not my cup of tea. I worry about AU, not others' misery.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Not my cup of tea. I worry about AU, not others' misery.

I enjoy all facets of Auburn, but I am a sucker for a good melt thread. I wondered how long it would take.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tigerpro2a said:

I am a sucker for a good melt thread. I wondered how long it would take.

Perfect member of the Rant.

Just now, ellitor said:

Perfect member of the Rant.

The rant takes it to a whole new level that I can't deal with much. I only been on the heels page following Simpsons recruitment but I found it humerous all the allegations coming out...I guess partly because it reminded me of alot of AU fans when Pickens flipped on us. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you think he will climb any more in the rankings throughout the season @ellitor

Better question for Jonesy on the Rant. I don't have an eye for that type of stuff.

• Thanks 1

War Eagle and welcome aboard.  This was a big get and hopefully is the start of a stellar LB class.

Every recruit we’ve gotten recently said it was the family vibe that put us over the top! Don’t change anything!!!

War Eagle 🦅 

5 hours ago, Tigerpro2a said:

Do you think he will climb any more in the rankings throughout the season @ellitor

Mallard  Creek one of the top teams in NC>….he will get plenty of publicity if the team does well again this year …..

• Like 1

I will be checking out a couple of games @ MC thithis season. It's less than 3 miles from my house!