2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

Ok old man Mack brown can go to hell for this. We never would of lost him if fedora was still head coach there. Screw you Mack. Wish you would of stayed in the booth.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Ok old man Mack brown can go to hell for this. We never would of lost him if fedora was still head coach there. Screw you Mack. Wish you would of stayed in the booth.

Man...it would REALLY suck to lose him to a school like UNC! LIKE WTH. Our LBs are ballin.

VIP - Only $1 First Month

JOIN TODAY 

5-star LB de-commits from Auburn

ByKEITH NIEBUHR 16 minutes ago 

Share11 Comments

Trenton Simpson committed to Auburn in June. (Photo: Andrew Ivins, 247Sports)

Trenton Simpson, who had been the highest-ranked member of the Auburn Tigers recruiting class, he backed off his pledge.

Simpson, a 5-star linebacker from Charlotte (N.C.) Mallard Creek, announced his de-commitment Sunday evening via Twitter.

"This was not an easy decision to make," Simpson said on Twitter. "However, with God and my family, I have made the decision to de-commit from Auburn University."

The 6-feet-3, 224-pound Simpson is the No. 2 outside backer and No. 13 overall recruit in the 247Sports rankings. He committed to Auburn on June 14.

His de-commitment leaves Auburn with two linebacker commits -- 4-stars Wesley Steiner and Cameron Riley.

The team to watch for Simpson? That would be North Carolina, which he recently visited.

It is not known at this time if Simpson will continue to consider Auburn. The Tigers could keep pursuing him or divert their attention to 4-star Desmond Tisdol of Georgia.

11COMMENTS

The plan is to sign three backers in the 2020 class.

Auburn now has 18 total commitments. It can sign up to 25 this cycle.

Has any school ever lost this many top LB's in a class? Kennedy, Robinson and now Simpson. Good grief.

1 hour ago, ClaytonAU said:

Nothing can hurt me as much as this past February 

I much rather lose a 5 star WR than 5 Star LB. This will hurt more on the field. That one def hurt more because of the circumstances surrounding it and who we lost him to and being committed for TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 1

Well at least he isn’t going to Bama or UGA.  This of course sets up perfect for next year when we face UNC in Atlanta and I’m sure they’ll be playing better than they have in 10 years.  Auburn will also be rebuilding the offensive and defensive fronts so hurray! Still a long way to NSD etc.

• Like 2

Whatever

• Like 1

Tisdol wants to be at Auburn. I thought we should have taken his commitment months ago. At least we kept in touch, so now we've swapped someone who wants to be here for one that doesn't. That's not all bad.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, CR said:

Has any school ever lost this many top LB's in a class? Kennedy, Robinson and now Simpson. Good grief.

The first two were harder for me to swallow. In a way we are lucky, this is a good year for linebackers. If we can keep the two we've got committed and add Tisdol we'll still be in pretty good shape for the class, though adding a good buck LB is still essential.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Emotional "we dont want you #2 LB in the country if you dont want us"  reactions aside, is this an "I'm decommiting to keep my options open (and Auburn is still in play)" or is it "I'm decommitting because I should absolutely have commited to my life long dream - NC football?" Or too early to tell? 

Bright side is we lose him to a non-conference opponent.  Who knows, maybe Clemson will finally have some competition in the ACC.  We just need to remind Simpson he made the wrong decision in decommitting when we play UNC next year in Atlanta.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Emotional "we dont want you #2 LB in the country if you dont want us"  reactions aside, is this an "I'm decommiting to keep my options open (and Auburn is still in play)" or is it "I'm decommitting because I should absolutely have commited to my life long dream - NC football?" Or too early to tell? 

The second one 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I much rather lose a 5 star WR than 5 Star LB. This will hurt more on the field. That one def hurt more because of the circumstances surrounding it and who we lost him to and being committed for TWO YEARS!!!!!!!!

Also, Pickens is a trash human and I'm convinced he would have been bad for our locker room. He would not have finished his career at Auburn. Never mind that we rarely use guys like him to anywhere near their potential, as you point out. 

This will still be a beast class but this really sucks.

• Like 3