2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Pickens hurt you that much? I can't think of anything else it might be from this February? For me recruiting wise Rashaan Evans hurt much more some years ago.

You don’t remember my melt? You gotta remember I’m a GA boy and I had been telling my UGA buddies for 6 months that there wasn’t a chance in hell he’d flip to them... and then he did, on NSD. 

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

You don’t remember my melt? You gotta remember I’m a GA boy and I had been telling my UGA buddies for 6 months that there wasn’t a chance in hell he’d flip to them... and then he did, on NSD. 

oh boy he made you look stupid.....  what did you learn from that? 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Ahhhhhh. So it wasn't so much about Auburn not having GP. That makes total sense. Because uga buddies are the worst buddies. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

When he pulled a Seth Rollins ($1 to @GwillMac6 & @AUBwins) I tuned George & his thread out...

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Because uga buddies are the worst buddies. 

And every time he catches a pass they text me in our GM “Georgeeeeeeee Pickens” in a thick southern accent. 

and half those idiots are gonna be in my wedding. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

oh boy he made you look stupid.....  what did you learn from that? 

To give them hell when they lose to USCe in return 

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

And every time he catches a pass they text me in our GM “Georgeeeeeeee Pickens” in a thick southern accent. 

All the more reason we need to curb stomp them in a few weeks with a hobbed-nailed boot. #DoItForClayton

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, ellitor said:

All the more reason we need to curb stomp them in a few weeks with a hobbed-nailed boot. #DoItForClayton

PRECISELY. 

I am still salty about GP - I guess because I despise Uga. I’ve had a couple of people tell me, “thanks for giving us GP!” I would love nothing more than for OP to lay him out in JHS. 

The way he played everyone, including our players, makes me so angry.  Yes, I get that he was a teenager. A teen who looked miserable when he flipped. 🤬

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I am still salty about GP - I guess because I despise Uga. I’ve had a couple of people tell me, “thanks for giving us GP!” I would love nothing more than for OP to lay him out in JHS. 

The way he played everyone, including our players, makes me so angry.  Yes, I get that he was a teenager. A teen who looked miserable when he flipped. 🤬

He hasn’t looked too thrilled on the sideline either FWIW. But money talks unfortunately. 

sorry E, hate I derailed the thread with my nonsense.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Actions fully endorsed by his madre FWIW.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

sorry E, hate I derailed the thread with my nonsense.

Doesn't matter IMO. Probably UNC bound anyway.

@ClaytonAU, dude I never thought anything could come close to the disdain I had for bammer until I went to AUburn and was involved in my first AU v uga game. It was ‘96 and that’s all I have to say about that. 

2 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

Get secretly married right before like Jim and Pam in The Office and then tell your groomsmen at the official wedding when they ask why, "Now you know how it felt when Pickens pulled a quick one over us."  Walk up that isle like:

200.gif

Edited by abw0004
  • Love 3

Reuben foster recruitment mess pushed me into hulk like anger

back to Simpson , not everyone wants to play in the sec. hope he has a change of heart 

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

back to Simpson , not everyone wants to play in the sec. hope he has a change of heart 

I doubt it has anything to do with what conference he wants to play in. Could be wrong. 

• Like 2

I am well aware of how far fetched this question is, but still an intriguing thought....

We have stated all year that we were only taking 3 LBs.  What if Tisdol & Simpson have become great friends.  So Simpson decommits so that Tisdol can have a committable offer and then once Tisdol re-commits, Simpson wants to commit again.  That way the 2 of them could both get into the class together.  If this happened surely we would take Simpson as #4 wouldn't we?

56 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

I am well aware of how far fetched this question is, but still an intriguing thought....

We have stated all year that we were only taking 3 LBs.  What if Tisdol & Simpson have become great friends.  So Simpson decommits so that Tisdol can have a committable offer and then once Tisdol re-commits, Simpson wants to commit again.  That way the 2 of them could both get into the class together.  If this happened surely we would take Simpson as #4 wouldn't we?

Doubt it. I think one would still be told to look somewhere else (probably Tisdol).  

1 hour ago, JDUBB4AU said:

For me I found it hilarious because he now had a tattoo of his school's arch rival forever on is arm.  And then he also turned out to be a horrible human being.  It all works out in the end.

Yeldon was frustrating as well.

Edited by abw0004
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LKEEL75 said:

That way the 2 of them could both get into the class together.  If this happened surely we would take Simpson as #4 wouldn't we?

@LKEEL75 AU likely won't take Tisdol til we know we are out for Simpson or have stopped recruiting him. The only scenario we get both available is if we lose Steiner or Cam Riley. 3 true LBs in the class is a hard line.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ellitor said:

@LKEEL75 AU likely won't take Tisdol til we know we are out for Simpson or have stopped recruiting him. The only scenario we get both available is if we lose Steiner or Cam Riley. 3 true LBs in the class is a hard line.

Yup. Not a fan of holding out hope for a decommit to come back. Just like I'd rather chase a new girl over an ex lol.

19 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I just don't want to wait too long on Tisdol and it turns into a situation for UGA last year trying to get DJ Williams where we were easily able to negatively recruit against them telling Williams he was only ever going to be their back-up option if other guys on their board did not work out.  Don't want to lose Tisdol if another school comes in saying "We always wanted you on the team, you were never an emergency option like Auburn is doing to you."

• Like 1