2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

11 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

UGA last year trying to get DJ Williams where we were easily able to negatively recruit against them telling Williams he was only ever going to be their back-up option if other guys on their board did not work out

Not how we recruited or won DJ. We sold him on AU. DJ was never a take for UGA anyway.

13 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I just don't want to wait too long on Tisdol

No need taking him if we are not sure on his grades either. Spots in classes are precious nowadays.

Looks like Mack Brown stole one of Malzshn's 2020 commitment. He stoke one last year and know he gets another 4 star recruit.

Edited by auburn4ever

If Simpson didn't want to play in the SEC, why the hell did he commit to Auburn in the first place. Last year I got a man from Virginia committed to Auburn with in at the last second switched and signed with North Carolina. And now it looks like Simpson is doing the same thing. He commits to Auburn sometime ago and now he flips over to North Carolina. What is Mack Brown trying to do? does the NCAA need to investigate? seems like they do.

Edited by auburn4ever

7 hours ago, ClaytonAU said:

And every time he catches a pass they text me in our GM “Georgeeeeeeee Pickens” in a thick southern accent. 

and half those idiots are gonna be in my wedding. 

Make them do this for your wedding. Hopefully you can dance a little. SportsTalk from old AE days thoufgt about couldn't talk him into it

14 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Also, Pickens is a trash human and I'm convinced he would have been bad for our locker room. He would not have finished his career at Auburn. Never mind that we rarely use guys like him to anywhere near their potential, as you point out. 

This will still be a beast class but this really sucks.

Is there any reasoning for GP being considered like this? 

9 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Is there any reasoning for GP being considered like this? 

Two weeks ago there was a video that got leaked out Pickens beating up a schoolmate in high school.  Then the whole issue where Pickens promised the staff he was coming to Auburn the night before NSD.  That even upset UGA reporters for doing that.  He also had horrible grades that magically got better in time for him to even qualify.  Lastly (and this is just a personal preference), I do not like his attitude on the field. That kind of "I'm better than you" would create rifts in a locker room where you need to play as one.

Edited by abw0004

59 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Two weeks ago there was a video that got leaked out Pickens beating up a schoolmate in high school.  Then the whole issue where Pickens promised the staff he was coming to Auburn the night before NSD.  That even upset UGA reporters for doing that.  He also had horrible grades that magically got better in time for him to even qualify.  Lastly (and this is just a personal preference), I do not like his attitude on the field. That kind of "I'm better than you" would create rifts in a locker room where you need to play as one.

The whole Pickens / AU thing was something to watch. He was a highly rated player that the staff was ok with signing and ok going somewhere else. That video had been around for a while and everyone was aware, but the kid can play ball so it was seen as a unicorn. The grade deal is still something that could be looked into if someone really wanted. His grades were awful but he could have been in some learning disability classes that gave him the passing grade?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, abw0004 said:

Two weeks ago there was a video that got leaked out Pickens beating up a schoolmate in high school.  Then the whole issue where Pickens promised the staff he was coming to Auburn the night before NSD.  That even upset UGA reporters for doing that.  He also had horrible grades that magically got better in time for him to even qualify.

A couple of things in this post need to be added or clarified.

1. The kid in question that was "beat up" has said numerous times the video was just horse playing & the 2 are still friends to this day.
2. His grades weren't so bad they got magically fixed. He got the job done his last year in the class room. To the point that near every AU source said he was going to qualify.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The Cam'ron Kelly deal didn't help us at all here. I understand Simpson and Kelly are close friends. Turns out Kelly having to transfer stung us twice. I've watched UNC a couple times. Kelly can ball. That was a loss. Not our fault. He signed with us; then, he had to or decided to leave. Then, he helped flip one of our top commits. Sucks.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

I wasn't personally moved enough by the flip flop Auburn/UGA thing (definitely some prima donna tendencies in him, but those tend to be the best), but this is my first time hearing about him fighting his school mate. Guy could maybe be a problem, but the good ones seem to be able to keep a cap on themselves

8 hours ago, abw0004 said:

They were just playing around. That twitter page you got that information from posts nothing but fake stories 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

They were just playing around. That twitter page you got that information from posts nothing but fake stories 

qweqwe.gif

ttyy.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lala said:

I still think this is his One and only yr at UGA

But while he IS here, we are going to have to deal with him every year.

He is their leading WR, w/ catches and yards. So we better be ready, b/c when GA comes to AU, they ARE going to throw to him, and he will want to score on us bad....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sizzle said:

I know that.  Remember that original Twitter post stated he was beating up a special needs child.  I know it was a friend of his he was hitting.  Either way, not a good look.  

Gus has been having a hard time holding on to 4 and t star commitments. First there was Pickens flips from AU to Georgia. Second, Kelly from Virginia flips from AU to North Carolina. And now we have Simpson flips from AU to North Carolina.

Maybe these guys are flipping from AU to elsewhere because they have a strong feeling that something is gonna happen at the end of this season.

24 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Kelly from Virginia flips from AU to North Carolina

For the thousandth time @auburn4ever Kelly was not a flip from AU to UNC. He signed & enrolled at AU. He then transferred to UNC to be close to home because a family situation occurred that prompted him to be close to home.

• Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

29 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

I know that.  Remember that original Twitter post stated he was beating up a special needs child.  I know it was a friend of his he was hitting.  Either way, not a good look.  

Friends can’t play around? How is it not a good look? Stop reaching for something that isn’t there 

19 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Maybe these guys are flipping from AU to elsewhere because they have a strong feeling that something is gonna happen at the end of this season.

Na. Probably just want to see what off base remark you'll make.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sizzle said:

Friends can’t play around? How is it not a good look? Stop reaching for something that isn’t there 

That is fair.  Fighting and playing around are two different things.  And yes friends can fight, I get that.  Happened to me at one point in time.  He is under a microscope now though so he can’t do that.  You don’t want him causing issues in the locker room.  That would be a valid concern. 

Edited by abw0004

2 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Fighting and playing around are two different things.  And yes friends can fight, I get that.  Happened to me at one point in time.  He is under a microscope now though so he can’t do that.  You don’t want him causing issues in the locker room.  That would be a valid concern. 

Regardless the video was generated from a fake account so it's pointless to continue discussing the matter at all. When it was posted it was a fake account that should have been the end of the discussion.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Regardless the video was generated from a fake account so it's pointless to continue discussing the matter at all. When it was posted it was a fake account that should have been the end of the discussion.

That’s fair, and I wasn’t trying to argue with @Sizzle.  Honestly I really don’t care that much for Pickens anyways.  It will be fun though in November when he has to come to Auburn and face our fans.  Good enough for me.  

• Like 1

I see we are light on facts in this thread. Thanks E and others for trying to put actual humanity on 17 year olds and family issues. 

• Thanks 2