2020 4* LB Trenton Simpson (Clemson)

ellitor

listed at 230 pounds …and the guy has some wheels.....nice clips....thanks guys...

i watched the game and started drooling watching this guy run the ball...eric dickerson is what jumped into my mind.....i like the big backs with speed and this guy fits that....i know the NFL money is at LB, but damn this guy could be an AA runningback....lol, that was not a block, it was a damn assault

Edited by doverstutts
  • Haha 1

On 8/23/2019 at 5:35 PM, AU64 said:

Hope we can hold this guy....he's getting a lot of ink /time in NC media, especially Charlotte......the real deal.

Think Trenton is one of the more solid commits in this class. Consistently talks about Auburn being home on twitter

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, AUinGA44 said:

Anything to worry about with him?

New post @AUinGA44. Per Rivals Trent flirting with UNC is a legit concern for AU. AU staff was unaware of his visit to UNC last weekend & that he went to the UNC/SC game earlier this season. UNC has picked up momentum with him but still has work to do with his family.

• Sad 1

I noticed one of the recruiting gurus on Twitter congratulating him on something or other, and when I clicked the link that followed through to his twitter feed, it was drowning in NC fans begging him to come to NC. Very few AU fans in the feed.

9 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I noticed one of the recruiting gurus on Twitter congratulating him on something or other, and when I clicked the link that followed through to his twitter feed, it was drowning in NC fans begging him to come to NC. Very few AU fans in the feed.

That’s actually pretty normal on Twitter. Our fanbase is purposefully different in that sense. Tweeting recruits is weird. 

1 hour ago, AU80cruiser said:

This is concerning. We need to hold on to this guy along with the guy that has a shot at going to Stanford. We could lose him late as well if he is accepted.

Steiner is locked in with AU. If we lose Simpson we have a damn good insurance policy in Tisdol we would then take.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

Fans from any school don't need to be in any recruits' twitter feed. That's creepy AH.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

That’s actually pretty normal on Twitter. Our fanbase is purposefully different in that sense. Tweeting recruits is weird. 

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Fans from any school don't need to be in any recruits' twitter feed. That's creepy AH.

War Eagle

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

I'm not recommending one way or the other. I linked into it from a recruiting analyst's post, and am just reporting what I saw. Creepy is probably the right word, but what Trenton is seeing in his feed is a whole bunch of UNC folks responding to (I forget what the accolades were for).

15 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I'm not recommending one way or the other. I linked into it from a recruiting analyst's post, and am just reporting what I saw. Creepy is probably the right word, but what Trenton is seeing in his feed is a whole bunch of UNC folks responding to (I forget what the accolades were for).

I know you weren't recommending anything & just posted what you saw. I just took the opportunity it presented to get on my soapbox about people tweeting to recruits.

• Like 1

If our fan base has to get on a recruits Twitter feed to recruit him then we’re in trouble.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

I can understand losing recruits to UNC... in basketball. 

Losing to a home state P5 school is always understandable when it happens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jared52 said:

I can understand losing recruits to UNC... in basketball. 

Lot of pressure on the kid to stay in state. I think we hold on to him but I would not be shocked if he goes to UNC

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Lot of pressure on the kid to stay in state. I think we hold on to him but I would not be shocked if he goes to UNC

Apparently he has been an AU guy for a long time.  Local papers still treat him as an AU commit.   Just my observation but UNC nor any other state team really has that much pressure to apply in situations like this.   Heels and NCState are used to losing the state's best football players to out of state schools...often UGa or Clemson.  

I"d be shocked if he goes to UNC.....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Apparently he has been an AU guy for a long time.  Local papers still treat him as an AU commit.   Just my observation but UNC nor any other state team really has that much pressure to apply in situations like this.   Heels and NCState are used to losing the state's best football players to out of state schools...often UGa or Clemson.  

I"d be shocked if he goes to UNC.....

Yeah I would bet on AU for now

• Like 1