Ilhan Omar

homersapien

Maybe it's just me, but I do not consider Omar's comments about the Israeli political lobby to be "anti semitic".  Seems like a legitimate topic for debate to me.

Am I missing something else she said?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Listen to Ben Shapiro, he can explain it from a Jew’s perspective, if you really want your question answered.

Criticizing 'Israel' is THE PREMIER dog whistle that some of my Liberal brethren believe, bless their hearts, with all the ignorant racial hate they can muster in their cold as hell souls. It is the black spot on otherwise good people. They have CONVINCED themselves that criticizing the one and only elected democracy in the ME, a country of only 8M people, FOR EVERYTHING THEY DO-on the ground, in the air, and a 1,000,001 things that you can only see from a black helicopter behind the scenes, you know those things only the truly anti-semitic dog whistle crowd can see, while they wear their faux Hitler mustaches and their transparent swastikas. This is the one truly sick sick sick thing I have with those on the Left. Jewish hate is absolutely and undeniably there.  

My life long friend on MSNBC, this is where I blow his twisted warped lil mind apart. There is indeed extreme racial hatred on the Left, they just have it where it is also quite OPENLY & RADICALLY supported by the dog whistle crowd. I have known Bob for 4 decades plus. Like all the rest he has been a rabid Jew hater his entire life and now gets to go on MSNBC and spew it with rest of them. Shapiro is 100% correct here. 100%. There is a large, open, radically anti-semitic crowd on the Left that hates Jews and everything they do, say, and hell the air that they breathe and if you are well read on this, they quietly say it in their writings time and time again. 

Hell, I'll go you one better, it is why Mein Kampf is still for sale at even the hardest Left Bookstores in America. 

6 hours ago, homersapien said:

Back on topic, what exactly did Ilhan Omar say that was anti-semtic?  Anyone?

Most people do not care what Ilhan said. Good grief  Brother Homer.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/03/07/pelosi_ilhan_omar_did_not_understand_the_full_weight_of_the_words_she_used.html

There’s a lot to criticize about AIPAC and the the ridiculous stranglehold they seem to have on our political discourse, but Omar could stand to be a lot more well, tactful, on the matter. 

10 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Listen to Ben Shapiro, he can explain it from a Jew’s perspective, if you really want your question answered.

Shapiro can **** right off, calling Jews that vote left “bad Jews,” as if he has the standing to make such a judgement. Little hobgoblin. 

11 hours ago, AUDub said:

Shapiro can **** right off, calling Jews that vote left “bad Jews,” as if he has the standing to make such a judgement. Little hobgoblin. 

He did rant on for about 45 mins on this subject, but the reason I copied the video was to answer the question posed.  Ben did a good job of that and brought the Jewish perspective in to it that I would not have noticed and neither did the OP.  Like anything else, you just have to separate the wheat from the chaff, so to speak.

Does anyone have problems with any of her anti Semitic tweets not just anything she has tweeted recently?  I find the Antisemitism being spewed by some to be disturbing. I have no problem criticizing their government or policies but some people are taking it to a different level which makes it disturbing. 

"It's all about the Benjamins baby."

Pro-Israel donors spent over $22m on lobbying and contributions in 2018

The data examined by the Guardian suggests that the pro-Israel lobby is highly active and spends heavily to influence US policy

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/15/pro-israel-donors-spent-over-22m-on-lobbying-and-contributions-in-2018

20 minutes ago, AuMarine said:

Does anyone have problems with any of her anti Semitic tweets not just anything she has tweeted recently?  I find the Antisemitism being spewed by some to be disturbing. I have no problem criticizing their government or policies but some people are taking it to a different level which makes it disturbing. 

For example....?

14 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Can anyone quote the anti-semantic statement she made?

From the New York Times... I know you'll give this at least some credence ha

Last October, after a crude mail bomb was found in George Soros’s mailbox, Representative Kevin McCarthy, the California Republican who is now the House minority leader, tweeted, “We cannot allow Soros, Steyer and Bloomberg to buy this election!” The tweet, since deleted, was referring to Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg, both of them, like Soros, Jews who are often the object of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Speaking on CNN, Steyer, who had also been sent a mail bomb, described McCarthy’s tweet as a “straight-up anti-Semitic move.”

So it was a bit rich when, last week, McCarthy posed as the indignant defender of the Jewish people, threatening to force congressional action against two freshman Democratic representatives, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, for their criticism of Israel.

It would have been easy enough for either Omar or Tlaib to point out McCarthy’s cynical hypocrisy. Instead, Omar responded with a blithely incendiary tweet quoting Puff Daddy’s ode to the power of money: “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby.” When an editor at The Forward, a Jewish publication, asked who Omar thinks is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, she responded, “Aipac!,” meaning the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the United States’ most prominent pro-Israel lobby.

Consciously or not, Omar invoked a poisonous anti-Semitic narrative about Jews using their money to manipulate global affairs. This came just weeks after she’d had to apologize for a 2012 tweet in which she said that Israel had “hypnotized” the world, phrasing that also recalled old canards about occult Jewish power. Her words were a gift to Republicans, who seek to divide the Democrats over Israel, even as their president traffics in anti-Semitic imagery and stereotypes. The knives were out for Omar and she ran right into them.

On Monday afternoon, Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the House Democratic leadership rebuked Omar and called on her to apologize for her “use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters.” It was a depressing fall from grace for someone who just weeks ago was being feted as a path breaker, a refugee from Somalia who, alongside Tlaib, rose to become one of America’s first two Muslim congresswomen.

13 minutes ago, NolaAuTiger said:

From the New York Times... I know you'll give this at least some credence ha

Last October, after a crude mail bomb was found in George Soros’s mailbox, Representative Kevin McCarthy, the California Republican who is now the House minority leader, tweeted, “We cannot allow Soros, Steyer and Bloomberg to buy this election!” The tweet, since deleted, was referring to Tom Steyer and Michael Bloomberg, both of them, like Soros, Jews who are often the object of anti-Semitic conspiracy theories. Speaking on CNN, Steyer, who had also been sent a mail bomb, described McCarthy’s tweet as a “straight-up anti-Semitic move.”

So it was a bit rich when, last week, McCarthy posed as the indignant defender of the Jewish people, threatening to force congressional action against two freshman Democratic representatives, Ilhan Omar and Rashida Tlaib, for their criticism of Israel.

It would have been easy enough for either Omar or Tlaib to point out McCarthy’s cynical hypocrisy. Instead, Omar responded with a blithely incendiary tweet quoting Puff Daddy’s ode to the power of money: “It’s all about the Benjamins, baby.” When an editor at The Forward, a Jewish publication, asked who Omar thinks is paying American politicians to be pro-Israel, she responded, “Aipac!,” meaning the American Israel Public Affairs Committee, the United States’ most prominent pro-Israel lobby.

Consciously or not, Omar invoked a poisonous anti-Semitic narrative about Jews using their money to manipulate global affairs. This came just weeks after she’d had to apologize for a 2012 tweet in which she said that Israel had “hypnotized” the world, phrasing that also recalled old canards about occult Jewish power. Her words were a gift to Republicans, who seek to divide the Democrats over Israel, even as their president traffics in anti-Semitic imagery and stereotypes. The knives were out for Omar and she ran right into them.

On Monday afternoon, Nancy Pelosi and the rest of the House Democratic leadership rebuked Omar and called on her to apologize for her “use of anti-Semitic tropes and prejudicial accusations about Israel’s supporters.” It was a depressing fall from grace for someone who just weeks ago was being feted as a path breaker, a refugee from Somalia who, alongside Tlaib, rose to become one of America’s first two Muslim congresswomen.

"recalled old canards about occult Jewish power."   Seriously? :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I don't see any of the above to be inherently anti-semitic.  I think criticizing Israeli policies is fair game.  Likewise, the influence of the Israeli lobby.

I think the fact she is a Muslim  - and undoubtedly supports the Palestinian cause - is driving the outrage. 

18 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Sorry, but I don't see any of the above to be inherently anti-semitic.  I think criticizing Israeli policies is fair game.  Likewise, the influence of the Israeli lobby.

I think the fact she is a Muslim  - and undoubtedly supports the Palestinian cause - is driving the outrage. 

Fair enough. As you know, democratic and republican leaders would disagree with you. 

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You don't understand this and think is't OK but, you will call someone wearing a "MAGA" hat a racist!  You are a hoot and completely CLUELESS!!

4 minutes ago, auburn41 said:

You don't understand this and think is't OK but, you will call someone wearing a "MAGA" hat a racist!  You are a hoot and completely CLUELESS!!

Stop lying about what I have said on this forum. I said that anyone wearing a MAGA hat is likely to be seen as racist.

The difference may be too subtle for you , but it's not the same.

The point of criticizing Israeli policies is not anti Semitic, however, it crosses the line when you say things like “Israel” is hypnotizing the world.  Israel, as a policy, does not hypnotize the world, no more than the US or other world power.  It muddies the waters (and Omar has used this to plead innocence) when you use Israel’s policy when they are obviously not the government’s policy.

For example....?

A tweet from 2012: "Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel." She has since deleted many anti-Semitic remarks from her twitter account including the one above. She is no better than Linda Souser or Louis Farrakhan IMO and the real shame is that she was elected to office. 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2019/02/26/ilhan-omar-deletes-israel-tweets-that-drew-charges-of-anti-semitism/2989404002/

45 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Stop lying about what I have said on this forum. I said that anyone wearing a MAGA hat is likely to be seen as racist.

And someone tweeting out things about Israel and Jews is likely to be seen as anti-Semitic. 

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

Now you're just being disingenuous .  I'm not going go back and find the posts but you posted articles that explained why the MAGA hat implied that people wearing them were racist, just like the Confederate Battle Flag is racist.  My statement stands and you remain CLUELESS!  You can't have it both ways. 

18 hours ago, auburn41 said:

Now you're just being disingenuous .  I'm not going go back and find the posts but you posted articles that explained why the MAGA hat implied that people wearing them were racist, just like the Confederate Battle Flag is racist.  My statement stands and you remain CLUELESS!  You can't have it both ways. 

They are two different statements with two different meanings. One I said, the other I didn't. You are the one who is clueless.

Too nuanced for you.

This is merely more of the same Republican hypocrisy. When the leader of their party called men marching in the streets chanting “Jews will not replace us” very fine people there was no criesof anti-semitism. When a man radicalized by right wing boogeyman theories about Jew George Soros walked into a Shabbat and massacared 11 people there were no cries of anti-semitism from the right. When George Soros himself received a bomb, crickets again. But let a Muslim woman speak about Israel and its outrage extraordinaire. But this outrage plays to a right wing evangelical base that feeds on loving Israel and hating Muslims. 

They are two different statements with two different meanings. One I said, the other I didn't. You are the one who is clueless.

Too nuanced for you.

“Nuanced,” huh?  That is what you fall back on?  I knew you were a “Denier.”  Spoken like the narcissistic psychopath you are. Just another of the 36K posts that don’t mean what they say. CLUELESS!

Archived