2020 4* C Ebenezer Dowuona

ellitor

Has 8 offers including AU, GT, K State, Miss. St., Minnesota, Ole Miss, Mizzou, Wake.
Major AU target per a tweet from JLEE

Four-star Ebenezer Dowuona wins championship, intrigues programs

RANKINGS: 2019 Rivals150 | 2019 Team rankings | 2019 Position rankings

2020 Rivals150 | 2020 Position rankings

Top 75 of 2021

Tkqyvp37l3ugxkyhrdy2

Ebenezer Dowuona

As his junior season progressed, Dowuona’s confidence on the offensive end continued to improve, and that’s exactly why college coaches are so intrigued by him, especially when you combine it with his ability to control the paint on the defensive end.

Auburn, Georgia Tech, Ohio State and Ole Miss are the schools he said are hitting him the hardest right now. Georgia has also stayed involved with him as well. Dowuona’s older brother,

, plays at Purdue and the Boilermakers have been involved, too. Ebenezer’s already taken visits to Auburn, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Ohio State and Ole Miss.

IN HIS OWN WORDS 

Auburn: “I love Coach (Bruce) Pearl and the players over there. I feel like they have a great connection, like a family over there. I really respect that, because I’m not really from here, so having a good relationship with the coach really means a lot.”

Georgia: “Coach (Tom) Crean is really competitive and I like that. I’m a competitive person and I want to be around players and coaches that want to compete. I watched them practice and I really liked what I saw. I feel like he can help me get to the next level.

Georgia Tech: “It went pretty well. The game was great against Boston College. I talked to Coach (Bruce) Pastner and Coach (Julian) Swartz before the game. They said they are really interested and they hope I like Georgia Tech because it’s close to home. I do like it.”

Ohio State: “When I went there for a visit, I spoke with Coach (Chris) Holtmann and that was great. I actually talked to

, too, for a while and he told me although he left early for the NBA he had the opportunity to come back and finish his degree. That’s one thing about Ohio State is they still have a connection with you no matter what to come back.”

Ole Miss: “They play hard over there. I went over there and watched them practice for a little bit and they were getting after each other. I loved the intensity, especially on the defensive end. They are well-coached. I love Coach (Kermit) Davis. I spoke to him and he’s really interested in me.”

Purdue: “I was talking to them last summer a good bit, but I haven’t talked to them as much lately.”

RIVALS’ REACTION:

It certainly sounds like Dowuona's relationship with the players and coaches at the school is going to be the biggest factor in his decision. He’s been fortunate to be able to see a lot of schools already for some quality face time with the coaching staffs involved.

Ohio State appears to be in a really good spot with Dowuona. Holtmann and his staff have put in a ton of work with him, and meeting Oden was a big deal for him on his visit. Auburn, Georgia Tech and Ole Miss also impressed him on his visits and are firmly in the mix as well. Dowuona said he plans to play out his last season with Game Elite before moving forward with a decision, so there is still time for new schools to jump into the mix.

2 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

If we had had big men like Ebenezer, we could beaten teams like Duke and Kentucky.

We should have beaten UK regardless at home

As for Duke & the game at UK on those nights...

giphy.gif

4 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

We HAVE to start recruiting size like this!

Definitely!  I’ve been searching the BB board for a thread like this for a long time.  

I wanna see more 6’10” C and PF coming to AU!!!   We already seem to be doing really well with G and SF.  

20 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I wanna see more 6’10” C and PF coming to AU!!!

Finding enough good, athletic ones that fit our team is tougher to do than some are assuming I think.

10 hours ago, ellitor said:

Finding enough good, athletic ones that fit our team is tougher to do than some are assuming I think.

I get it.  There aren’t many kids that size that can run the length of the court as quickly and as often as our system requires.  And the ones that can want to go to a blue blood school.  

On the other hand, we’ve got to have some size to keep from getting killed in the paint.  On those cold shooting nights we need another way to win.  

Archived