C’mon, now. Having a political leader sign a Bible is kinda culty

TexasTiger

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, RunInRed said:

“You know, I’m automatically attracted to Bibles I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.”

For most of his life, it looked from afar like he was mounting and/or molesting the bibles...not just kissing them.

4 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Celebs will sign many things that are just thrust in front of them almost. Friend of mine that played for the Mets told me once about crap people wanted him to sign and while he started for years wasn't a household name.

Plus (sorry the Wash Post want money to view for me):

https://www.inquisitr.com/5334622/barack-obama-also-signed-bibles-so-did-george-w-bush-and-president-ronald-reagan/

This is silly. Would be silly if complaining about Barrack, Hillary, Kennedy, Beto, Bush's, or whoever.

Then this should stop...

1 hour ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Doing “homework” wouldn’t have changed anything in a substantive sense. The fact of the matter would still remain. 

A “lawyer” arguing a fact pattern is irrelevant.🙄

2 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

I’ll have Tex jump on it. Sure thing.

Huh?

No but technically yes.

I’ll wait for my rebuke. Lol

My bad. You typed “wrong” in two posts. I mistakenly thought you edited the first wrong.

I’m sure you’re cuter saying “Wrong” than the orange Hitler. 

Welp, that one made no sense.

Who is arguing a “fact pattern?”

You claim equivalencies, yet ignorance actual fact patterns, details, etc. Malpractice. 

10 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Context matters. Read more.

Context does not matter. They each signed bibles. End of that ignorance of yours, again. 

Quit trying to move the goal post when you've been played and caught. As a mod, can't you erase the thread and save your embarrassment? 

Funny how no one has bothered to mention that Trump didn't solicit Bibles to sign. The people who suffered in the tornado willingly had their Bibles and asked Trump to sign them. It meant a lot to these people. But some here are  so full of hate for Trump that escapes them. I live in Auburn a short distance from Beauregard. I know people there and have been helping with the people and cleanup. They were very appreciative of Trump coming to visit and see the destruction first hand. So all you sanctimonious Trump hating a-holes should just knock it off and instead pray that the people affected will continue to get the help they need in restoring their lives and property long after all the initial attention subsides.

17 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Funny how no one has bothered to mention that Trump didn't solicit Bibles to sign. The people who suffered in the tornado willingly had their Bibles and asked Trump to sign them. It meant a lot to these people. But some here are  so full of hate for Trump that escapes them. I live in Auburn a short distance from Beauregard. I know people there and have been helping with the people and cleanup. They were very appreciative of Trump coming to visit and see the destruction first hand. So all you sanctimonious Trump hating a-holes should just knock it off and instead pray that the people affected will continue to get the help they need in restoring their lives and property long after all the initial attention subsides.

There are times when we let hate into our hearts and it sits there and festers inside of us. When we allow hate to take over, we allow darkness to enter into us. It clouds our judgment, makes us more negative, adds a bitterness to our lives. However, God offers us another direction.  He tells us we can overcome hate and replace it with  forgiveness and acceptance. He gives us a chance to bring the light back into our hearts, no matter how much we try to hold onto the hate.  

47 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

PT, what the left is saying is that they would have thought far more of Trump and would not have had any issues with him during his visit to Beauregard if he had refused to sign any Bibles. Ha!

19 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Or you’re marginally informed. It’s really the height of self-centeredness to say if folks are aware of something you’re not it must be that they’re obsessed.

I admit to be marginally informed on this subject. You are CORRECT! If you say that no one on this thread is obsessed with Trump signing Bibles then I don't mind saying again that maybe you are CORRECT! I also admit to be self-centered at times, so you are CORRECT again! Woo-hoo! You are on a roll! Congratulations!

43 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’ve seen people at Christian rock concerts get the artist/band to sign their Bible. And I always thought it was weird. 

But these aren't people whose community has been wiped out and family/friends killed. To these people hugging the POTUS and having him sign their Bible was a comforting experience you can't fathom unless you have been among them this week. Before anybody criticizes these people they need to go and walk among them for awhile. And if they asked Trump to sign their Bible was he supposed to say "no that's weird?"

56 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

I’ve seen people at Christian rock concerts get the artist/band to sign their Bible. And I always thought it was weird. 

So what?    Why is it any of your business?    

Any more weird than getting a tattoo on some private body part?     Lots of stuff in this world is based on personal preference.....and how did you get the job to make those judgments?  

On 3/10/2019 at 3:30 PM, AU64 said:

Any more weird than getting a tattoo on some private body part?     Lots of stuff in this world is based on personal preference.....and how did you get the job to make those judgments?  

Isn’t a message board a place to express one’s opinions? Isn’t that why there are hundreds of different threads? 

FYI- saying you think something is weird is not JUDGING. 

Edit- you’re honest to god childish if you have to give a dislike emoji just because you don’t like the person. 

How so? Explain. Look at the title of your thread. The premise is that political leaders signing bibles is "culty." Now that someone has pointed out history that you were ignorant of, you're fundamentally trying to change the premise no? 

Political smack-talk malpractice? 

It was a weak attempt. 

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Nothing wrong with that opinion.

3 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

Yep, most folks that attend Christian are pretty weird. You a regular Titan?  

7 hours ago, NolaAuTiger said:

How so? Explain. Look at the title of your thread. The premise is that political leaders signing bibles is "culty." Now that someone has pointed out history that you were ignorant of, you're fundamentally trying to change the premise no? 

Political smack-talk malpractice? 

Wasn’t ignorant. Fact patterns matter in at least in 49 states. Pretty sure they matter where you are, too. But clearly you have no interest when they don’t fit your narrative.

11 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Wasn’t ignorant. Fact patterns matter in at least in 49 states. Pretty sure they matter where you are, too. But clearly you have no interest when they don’t fit your narrative.

Here is a fact for you:

Image may contain: 2 people, outdoor

16 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yep, most folks that attend Christian are pretty weird. You a regular Titan?  

Yeah, there are some bands I like, though not as many as when I was a younger man.  Seems the industry is pretty much worship music for church services or nothing these days.  When I was in my teens and 20s, there were a ton of bands in all kinds of genres that sang about regular life stuff from a Christian point of view.  Now, there was a ton of derivative crap in that realm, but there were also several really good, talented artists and bands who were making great art without mimicking some mainstream act.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

Um, we're talking about people having their Bibles signed by famous or semi-famous people.  Please keep up.

19 hours ago, AU64 said:

It's not a job.  It's a message board where we can discuss thoughts and opinions on matters.  Are you new to the concept?

I think the real point is being overlooked in this discussion, which is not that Trump signed bibles, it's that Trump supporters asked him too.

You'd have to be either very ignorant or in a total state of denial to ask a narcissistic psychopath like Trump to sign your bible of all things. 

On 3/9/2019 at 9:35 AM, GiveEmElle said:

As far as memorabilia goes, it’s got to be special to have a Bible signed by the Antichrist. 

I thought he was already president and is now a private citizen? :) lol

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

You'd have to be either very ignorant or in a total state of denial to ask a narcissistic psychopath like Trump to sign your bible of all things. 

So you are one scientist that believes the Bible is the true word and these people have allowed President Trump to deface the gospel.

never realized that about you Brother Homer.  

Archived