Sign in to follow this  
Dual-Threat Rigby

Danjel Purifoy (Threads Merged)

Recommended Posts

You gotta have Jared obviously and Bryce gives you a ton on both ends. But after that, I’d have Dunbar, and either Mac/Spencer (whichever one decided to show up the most that game) then Danjel. You could insert Wiley somewhere if he’s needed but essentially, I don’t understand why we keep putting Samir on the floor in close games on the road. He can help out on Jared’s man when we’re playing a tall PG, but dude just doesn’t give you anything offensively 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




Yes, we absolutely need Purifoy to become a featured player.  He's got the kind of talent that can be a difference maker.  He's earned the opportunity, and it's time to put him in the spotlight and see what he can do.

Doughty is over matched.  He's doesn't have what it takes yet to be a starter in the SEC.

What the hell is up with Wiley?  5 star?  No way.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Yes, we absolutely need Purifoy to become a featured player.  He's got the kind of talent that can be a difference maker.  He's earned the opportunity, and it's time to put him in the spotlight and see what he can do.

Doughty is over matched.  He's doesn't have what it takes yet to be a starter in the SEC.

What the hell is up with Wiley?  5 star?  No way.

Don't say that about Wiley around cole256. You'll get talked down to!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

What the hell is up with Wiley?  5 star?  No way.

he has a long way to go before he lives up to his 5 star rating....he was just big i'm afraid

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jluvah said:

Don't say that about Wiley around cole256. You'll get talked down to!

I literally don't know who this guy is.....nobody else has to deal with stuff like this. And if any of you can't see the value of Wiley more power to you. But if I explained why he is valuable that's not me talking down to anybody. I don't have to agree with any of you just like you don't have to agree with me. Man up, it's a big world, don't let the fact that somebody disagrees with you make you start crying

  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/27/2019 at 12:14 AM, jluvah said:

Other than staying hurt and playing soft under the basket, what has he done? 5 star my foot!

So I wrote obviously you can't see after you wrote this and that's why you do the don't say it to Cole stuff.......come on man.....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's stat line--- 3 minutes played- 0 points- 0 rebounds-0 blocks-1 turnover-3 fouls. Is this the value of Wiley you're talking about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

JMO but DP is a long way from being our go-to guy.    Okeke is still the guy I am hoping will take that role.

And less than 5 minutes from AW when we were getting beat up inside is a bad situation.    Not sure if he is still injured but we needed someone to push back against those big LSU inside guys and after he got those two quick fouls he was done for the day......with no explanation that I've seen.. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Today's stat line--- 3 minutes played- 0 points- 0 rebounds-0 blocks-1 turnover-3 fouls. Is this the value of Wiley you're talking about?

Man go take a nap. He's coming off an injury, what you expect him to do in 3 minutes get a double double? You can go 3 minutes and not touch the ball. Post his stats from the last game he was healthy. Post his stats for the season

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe if he hadn't gotten 3 fouls he would have played more than 3 minutes. But what do I know, you're the (insert any sport) guru. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Maybe if he hadn't gotten 3 fouls he would have played more than 3 minutes. But what do I know, you're the (insert any sport) guru. 

Nice try but it really doesn't work right here. You should've saved it for a better opportunity, you see you mentioned me not the other way around. It's not that serious if you want to make pretend Wiley sucks be my guess I won't try to convince you otherwise. Now go find somebody to give you a hug or something. It'll be ok, it's a forum sometimes people will disagree with you, but it doesn't hurt. I promise.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiley when he’s 100% is definitely gonna be needed against a Grant Williams. He’s relatively slow footed, but he has flashes of being a good matchup against other elite centers. Pearl really should’ve recruited more than one athletic big big man that’s the issue (I know he tried to get the Montgomery dude btw)

 

hes definitely preferable to seeing a repeat of Horace/Samir on Nazh Reid. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

JMO but DP is a long way from being our go-to guy.    Okeke is still the guy I am hoping will take that role.

And less than 5 minutes from AW when we were getting beat up inside is a bad situation.    Not sure if he is still injured but we needed someone to push back against those big LSU inside guys and after he got those two quick fouls he was done for the day......with no explanation that I've seen.. 

Against a team as big as LSU, you need to have Okeke and Purifoy in and pray Jared can handle his matchup. Going 3 guards in just isn’t smart 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nice try but it really doesn't work right here. You should've saved it for a better opportunity, you see you mentioned me not the other way around. It's not that serious if you want to make pretend Wiley sucks be my guess I won't try to convince you otherwise. Now go find somebody to give you a hug or something. It'll be ok, it's a forum sometimes people will disagree with you, but it doesn't hurt. I promise.

Whatever, dude. You don't find it hard at all to disagree with others but can't take it yourself. Maybe you're the one that needs a hug. Oh, and the word you're looking for is "guest". I'm done with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Man go take a nap. He's coming off an injury, what you expect him to do in 3 minutes get a double double? You can go 3 minutes and not touch the ball. Post his stats from the last game he was healthy. Post his stats for the season

Chill out man.....sounds like you must have missed the game.   As for AW, I had no expectations at all.   He played 5 minutes in the UF game....I had no idea what his health situation was but BP chose to play him early and then again..... but of course BP did not leave him out there long after the last two quick fouls.   If he is still injured, that's regrettable....but it is up to him and BP about whether or how much he plays.   JMO but if he can't be effective, no point in putting him on the floor.  

My point was that I heard no comment from anyone explaining his short stint in the game but the fouls were  not a reason to take him out.   If he was able to play and help, might as well let him stay in until he fouled out. .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wiley is big and strong. We certainly need his defense and rebounding but I have never seen him as a 5* when you compare him with other big men around the country.  I hope he stays another season and stays healthy for a change.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y'all are crazy if you can't see the impact Wiley has when he's healthy and in the game. Just having him in the game opens up the outside shot even more because when he gets the ball he immediately gets double teamed. There's a reason for that and if you can't see it then you're just trying to kid yourself. Please go watch games when he's 100% healthy and see the impact that he has not only when he's on offense but on the defensive side as well. If he was healthy, LSU wouldn't have gotten 23 offensive boards and our post defense wouldn't have been so bad. 

 

EDIT: Also, since Wiley has gotten hurt we are 3-4 with losses of 2, 3, 8, and 5 points. You're gonna tell me that if we had Wiley at 100% we wouldn't have won 3 of those 4 games? Get real.

Edited by tgrogan21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Chill out man.....sounds like you must have missed the game.   As for AW, I had no expectations at all.   He played 5 minutes in the UF game....I had no idea what his health situation was but BP chose to play him early and then again..... but of course BP did not leave him out there long after the last two quick fouls.   If he is still injured, that's regrettable....but it is up to him and BP about whether or how much he plays.   JMO but if he can't be effective, no point in putting him on the floor.  

My point was that I heard no comment from anyone explaining his short stint in the game but the fouls were  not a reason to take him out.   If he was able to play and help, might as well let him stay in until he fouled out. .. 

I'm growing tired of this, don't tell me to chill out. I didn't do anything but state an opinion just like you. If you want to jump the gun and say he sucks that's fine but I'm not and I'm going to say why. No different than you. It's no different how you guys threw DP away and he's getting better no different. But who tells a guy to chill out about a player when he's sticking up for the guy?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jluvah said:

Whatever, dude. You don't find it hard at all to disagree with others but can't take it yourself. Maybe you're the one that needs a hug. Oh, and the word you're looking for is "guest". I'm done with you.

You're right I don't so I'm not going to hold a grudge for a month and be hurt by somebody saying that I can't see it......you're hurt like I insulted you or somebody in your family.....try sucking your thumb

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Chill out man.....

What does @cole256 need to chill out about? Did he engage Jluvah?  No, he responded to the week attempt to call him out.

What needs to happen is for you and others to stay out of it.  It's not your place to say either way.  If people want to engage Cole on that level, then they deserve anything that comes back. If it goes on too long or gets sideways, then we'll step in.

 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What does @cole256 need to chill out about? Did he engage Jluvah?  No, he responded to the week attempt to call him out.

What needs to happen is for you and others to stay out of it.  It's not your place to say either way.  If people want to engage Cole on that level, then they deserve anything that comes back. If it goes on too long or gets sideways, then we'll step in.

 

Agree...I took it that he was addressing me on the issue since I had raised the point.  ...But you are right...no point in getting into it with  cole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cole256 said:

I'm growing tired of this, don't tell me to chill out. I didn't do anything but state an opinion just like you. If you want to jump the gun and say he sucks that's fine but I'm not and I'm going to say why. No different than you. It's no different how you guys threw DP away and he's getting better no different. But who tells a guy to chill out about a player when he's sticking up for the guy?

OK...that is fine...you ignore me and I will ignore you...

Thought you were responding to my comment on AW which was similar.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this