Coach Avery Johnson

tigeraddikt

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’d love if these cretins removed Ole Miss as a potential problem and found a way to get UK out the way. You take Kentucky out the equation we could realistically go all the way 

Could you imagine Alabama Vs Auburn in the finals on Sunday and Auburn beating them for the 3rd time this season!

2 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Could you imagine Alabama Vs Auburn in the finals on Sunday and Auburn beating them for the 3rd time this season!

When Alabama’s players can hit from outside they can both physically and realistically match up with UT and UK. They match up with those two far better than we do, or maybe anyone in conference. Just too easy for them to mentally get caught in a rut when things get tough 

theyd be food against us and how easy going Auburn remains in the clutch. 

man if i was an alabama fan i wouldn't know what to think of this guy. They way under perform for 2 years in a row but then make the tourney one year and are on the cusp this year. I imagine they feel about him like a lot of AU people feel about Gus. Just when you get ready to give him the boot he pulls something out of his arse. Regardless i imagine he gets another year with yesterdays win.

On 3/11/2019 at 9:09 AM, keesler said:

UAT won't pay that $8MM buyout to can Avery this year, he's there another yr unless he decides to leave on his own for another job.  

I think everyone with any eyes can see that he hasn't got what it takes to coach college ball, he hasn't shown that he can evolve, or change his coaching style to get that talent to play consistently at a high level.  His team didn't improve and get better as the season progressed, and they appeared to loaf around in many games not willing to give 100%.  He can't make half-time adjustments, they always go long periods of time without scoring points, their technique and play selection needs improvement.  Avery's nothing more than a mediocre coach,  he's making top 15 salary and he's failed to deliver.  

Boy was I WRONG on this one.

Archived