Sign in to follow this  
Dual-Threat Rigby

Men's SEC Tourney Thread

Recommended Posts





On 3/10/2019 at 1:43 AM, ellitor said:

Na. Just beat them. Destroying them does nothing for our resume.

nice class ellitor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Randman5000 said:

Auburn vs Tennessee. Unfinished business. For the SEC

TN for all practical purposes has the home court advantage. They had a huge crowd there today. I hope Auburn has some really loud fans tomorrow to show support. This will be a tough game for the Tigers. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We've beat Tennessee before so we know we can hang with them. Play our best ball and lets see what happens. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tigerbelle said:

TN for all practical purposes has the home court advantage. They had a huge crowd there today. I hope Auburn has some really loud fans tomorrow to show support. This will be a tough game for the Tigers. 

No matter who we played tomorrow it would be like an away game for us. I wish I had the money/time to go to the game tomorrow but I'll being cheering loudly from home.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i had to crawl out of my flu deathbed to give a shout out for our tigers.we have balled out and done it with class. and i swear it seems they seem to get some weird calls against us but i probably miss way more than i see. and a tip of the hat for the tennesse plays wishing the heart and prayers thing for the auburn folks. and those young men did not leave until laura let them show their love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, tgrogan21 said:

No matter who we played tomorrow it would be like an away game for us. I wish I had the money/time to go to the game tomorrow but I'll being cheering loudly from home.

Nashville IS in TN so.......a definite advantage that if we had gotten KY would not be quite the same. It could be a factor. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nashville IS in TN so.......a definite advantage that if we had gotten KY would not be quite the same. It could be a factor. 

Every game for UK is like a home game....their fans pack the arena no matter where they play. Should be lots of tickets available with Kat's fans going home a day earlier. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The bracket has played out like a DREAM so far 

I’d rather have played UK than UT again but that could just be me. I know we beat UT but they’re still the harder matchup imo

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The bracket has played out like a DREAM so far 

*knocking on wood intensifies! lol* UT we have a punchers chance against. UK we would of got skull drug by 20 plus. I still think we lose but we def have a shot now. 

Edited by GwillMac6
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’d rather have played UK than UT again but that could just be me. I know we beat UT but they’re still the harder matchup imo

I agree. I would have preferred UK so it would motivate our guys since they lost twice to them including being blown out in Lexington.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’d rather have played UK than UT again but that could just be me. I know we beat UT but they’re still the harder matchup imo

UK is substantially taller and more talented every spot on the roster from 1-15. At least we can outspeed UT’s slow plodding pace, UK moves as fast as us and is bigger

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this board is understating how close we were to vastly inferior teams like USC and Florida, UT has a nice 1-6 or 7 but we had a reasonable feel against them outside of Grant being Grant and that Turner kid possessing the brick badge that day. I’m not gonna keep up on bugging up another team but imagine us keeping it within 10 against UK with as poorly spread our points were 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

UK is substantially taller and more talented every spot on the roster from 1-15. At least they can outspeed UT’s slow plodding pace, UK moves as fast as us and is bigger

UK is taller but don’t act like UT is a bunch of unathletic try hards. Bone is a freak and so is Schoefield. I also want nothing to do with Grant Williams again. He gets so many calls that it’s absurd. I’d much rather go against that overrated bum Reid Travis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just think UT will be more motivated than UK to play us since we already took 1 SEC title away from them this year.   UK would have been 3rd game against us.  Always tough to beat a team 3 times.  I just hope we come out on fire and they call some fouls on Grant Williams lol.  Turner wil be a bigger problem for us this time around.  I just don't see him having the same game as last time. 

Edited by AUBwins
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

UK is taller but don’t act like UT is a bunch of unathletic try hards. Bone is a freak and so is Schoefield. I also want nothing to do with Grant Williams again. He gets so many calls that it’s absurd. I’d much rather go against that overrated bum Reid Travis

Travis had more boards and shot at a higher clip than Grant in the same environment against us...I don’t know what else to say. You also helped my point, UT has less than a handful amount of legit killers we have to worry about. Kentucky can go 6 deep with players who can give you 20 easy

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit I would have preferred Kentucky. Tennessee will be out for revenge while we would’ve been out for revenge against Kentucky. Plus our win against Tennessee looks less magnificent if we end up getting blown out tomorrow. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

I admit I would have preferred Kentucky. Tennessee will be out for revenge while we would’ve been out for revenge against Kentucky. Plus our win against Tennessee looks less magnificent if we end up getting blown out tomorrow. 

Could be...but our guys know they can beat UT and no need to be intimidated by a team that hammered them just a couple weeks ago.    We just need our inside guys to play tough defense....to give us a good chance. ..gotta play better than the last few games for certain.  Meanwhile...did dunbar dress out today....had all zeros on the stat sheet...well other than 2 fouls and one turnover.....really need some contributions from him....some physical play.

Brown and Harper played a lot of minutes....everyone else should be fresh and ready to go. .   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AU64 said:

Every game for UK is like a home game....their fans pack the arena no matter where they play. Should be lots of tickets available with Kat's fans going home a day earlier. 

I watched the game today and the Vols crowd was substantial and much louder. Rocky Top drowned out everything....ugh.  I hope there's a big Auburn presence to counterbalance. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look forward to the game. I'll be rooting for my blood to play well and my team to play well. I won't argue Tennessee on an AUBURN board.....but be careful what you wish for and stuff you think you know you may not.

Big shot Turner. You've had many

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/15/2019 at 2:04 PM, djg0017 said:

Yeesh we could jump LSU in seeding if we won the SEC tourney

Very, very highly unlikely. They still have the road/neutral resume advantage & a massive Quad 1 record advantage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this