Tucker Carlson

AUDub

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Absolutely. If you’re wondering if I’ve ever defended a liberal making comments like F***er Carlson made, no, no I haven’t. I don’t really think I’ve heard many people make comments like that, to be honest. I’d like to think I have a bit more moral integrity than to defend someone who thinks and speaks like that, just because they align with me on a economic or social level.

On another note, this has been another classic example of “but what about”, brought to you by the people who use it constantly to defend bad behavior by people they align with politically. 

As I've said many times, there are a small handful of people here that would go completely mute if they were unable to engage in whataboutism.

3 hours ago, AFTiger said:

I assume that you will liberal hosts accountable for their stupid statements.

As if political affiliation has anything to do with it. :-\

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/03/11/tucker-carlsons-desperate-need-to-please-225730

Tucker Carlson’s Desperate Need to Please

The bow-tied pundit’s outrageous comments reveal a staple of shock radio: Get the straight man to make a fool of himself.

.........Why did a smart guy like Carlson devote himself to five years’ worth of service on such a low-brow show as Bubba’s? Was it liberating to trade profanities with Bubba on anything-goes satellite radio, saying things he could never sneak past the censors on MSNBC and Fox? These performances parallel those of Donald Trump on Howard Stern’s show over the decades. Better than almost anyone, Stern can guide unfunny characters toward a comic payoff by baiting them into talking about movie stars, sex, political figures, sex, drugs and sex. Trump bragged that he could have slept with Princess Diana, called daughter Ivanka a “piece of ass,” bragged about backstage peeking at his beauty pageants, and said “a beautiful woman that’s smart, that could be a negative.” After boasting to Stern about the dangerous sex he’d had, he embraced Stern’s comparison to warfare. “It’s your Vietnam,” Stern said. “It’s Vietnam,” responded Trump. “It is very dangerous. So I’m very, very careful.”

The Bubba show transcripts provided by Media Matters show Bubba and his co-host leading Carlson toward outré topics with their questions and comments, basically daring him to say something rascally. Because Carlson wants to be judged funny and thinks such talk will win him that reward, he goes there. For the same reason he called for the execution of quarterback Michael Vick, assessed Elena Kagan as “unattractive,” referred to Arianna Huffington as a “pig,” and called Martha Stewart’s daughter Alexis Stewart a name I’d rather not repeat here.

Listening to Carlson on Bubba is a lot like listening to the 2-year-old a babysitter has taught to say the word “s***.” Although both might make you laugh, neither Carlson nor the toddler is funny. They’re the joke.

Political affiliation has nothing to do with ideology.  I was wonder if you held the same outrage for leftist commentators who say outrageous things.

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

As if political affiliation has anything to do with it. :-\

Trump, Kimmel, Carlson, Maher, et al. Why do we listen to any of them? 

I think TC is an ass, but then again, i think all listed above are asses. If they had an ounce of class, they wouldnt be having to deal with this...

18 hours ago, AFTiger said:

Political affiliation has nothing to do with ideology.  I was wonder if you held the same outrage for leftist commentators who say outrageous things.

Of course.  Why wouldn't I?  They don't exactly help the progressive cause when they do. Just the opposite.

(Got an example?)

From the ever demented racist Don Lemon and terminally stupid Chris Cuomo

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/10/30/don_lemon_the_biggest_terror_threat_in_this_country_is_white_men.html

3 hours ago, homersapien said:

Of course.  Why wouldn't I?  They don't exactly help the progressive cause when they do. Just the opposite.

(Got an example?)

They want Fox News eliminated and only their voiced heard.

17 hours ago, alexava said:

What exactly are the consequences you folks want Carlson  to suffer. 

56 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/10/30/don_lemon_the_biggest_terror_threat_in_this_country_is_white_men.html

They want Fox News eliminated and only their voiced heard.

Sounds good to me. Since it’s not going to happen I’ll just not watch him 

If you don't like him, there are plenty of other opinion shows. Just try to avoid CNN or MSNBC. They are garbage and will make your brain atrophy.

36 minutes ago, alexava said:

Sounds good to me. Since it’s not going to happen I’ll just not watch him 

21 minutes ago, AFTiger said:

If you don't like him, there are plenty of other opinion shows. Just try to avoid CNN or MSNBC. They are garbage and will make your brain atrophy.

That’s kinda what I said. I don’t agree with him on this subject and no one else should either, really. But we have guy bitching about it with no offers on some kind of resolution. What do you propose? 

On 3/13/2019 at 3:01 PM, AFTiger said:

CNN's Don Lemon said people need to realize that white men radicalized to the right are "the biggest terror threat" to the country on Monday night.

That's objectively accurate.  It's not a slur, it's a fact.

(I didn't see anything by Cuomo.)

On 3/13/2019 at 2:01 PM, AFTiger said:

From the ever demented racist Don Lemon

When was a travel ban put on Muslims? 

Lemon lamented that a travel ban was put on Muslims because of terror fears 

37 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

When was a travel ban put on Muslims? 

Lemon lamented that a TEMPORARY travel ban was put on Muslims because of terror fears 

I just hate it when we dont pay attention to the details.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

https://www.theroot.com/are-white-men-americas-biggest-terror-threat-we-checke-1830175112

Problem with your allotted span of time Brother Homer. You are more liberal than 16 years proving  climate killing us.

22 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

I just hate it when we dont pay attention to the details.

Trump most recently issued a proclamation restricting certain nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and North Korea from obtaining visas to travel to the U.S. Certain Venezuelan government officials and their families were also barred.

The first five countries are majority Muslim nations, but that’s far from banning all Muslims.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

CNN's Don Lemon said people need to realize that white men radicalized to the right are "the biggest terror threat" to the country on Monday night.

I didn't see anything by Cuomo.

Don Lemon is a racist. Remember the mentally challenged white kid who was kidnapped and tortured by 4 black teens in Chicago?

Don Lemon wouldn't call that incident evil and didn't want to rush to judgment and call it a hate crime. But you can bet had the roles been reversed(4 white teens kidnap and torture a mentally challenged black kid) , Lemon and no one else at CNN would have waited for official charges to come out from Chicago police in order to call it a hate crime or call it evil.

14 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

https://www.theroot.com/are-white-men-americas-biggest-terror-threat-we-checke-1830175112

Problem with your allotted span of time Brother Homer. You are more liberal than 16 years proving  climate killing us.

First, your post doesn't make any sense.

But thanks for the reference:

Quote:

Despite the fact that the FBI and Homeland Security acknowledged that white supremacist groups had carried out more violent attacks than any other domestic extremist group over the past 16 years, the recent statement by Don Lemon has drawn much ire and contempt from people across the political spectrum.

“WSEs [White Supremacist Extremists] were responsible for 49 homicides in 26 attacks,” said a May 2017 joint brief from the Department of Homeland Security and the FBI. “[M]ore than any other domestic group.”

FBI Director Christopher Wray wrote in August, “But the primary terrorist threat to the homeland today, without question, is homegrown violent extremists. That’s what keeps us up at night—and no doubt many of you, too.”.....

Was Don Lemon right?

In short, yes. The biggest terror threat in this country is white men, which makes sense because there are far more white men in this country.

13 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Don Lemon is a racist. Remember the mentally challenged white kid who was kidnapped and tortured by 4 black teens in Chicago?

Don Lemon wouldn't call that incident evil and didn't want to rush to judgment and call it a hate crime. But you can bet had the roles been reversed(4 white teens kidnap and torture a mentally challenged black kid) , Lemon and no one else at CNN would have waited for official charges to come out from Chicago police in order to call it a hate crime or call it evil.

I agree with you.  He most definitely should have called that evil and a hate crime. It is despicable he didn't do so.

See?  I'm not politically biased on these matters.

(And frankly, I didn't even know who Don Lemon was. I don't watch CNN, ever.)

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Trump most recently issued a proclamation restricting certain nationals of Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen and North Korea from obtaining visas to travel to the U.S. Certain Venezuelan government officials and their families were also barred.

The first five countries are majority Muslim nations, but that’s far from banning all Muslims.

And there is no way to make any of that permanent.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:22 PM, AFTiger said:

Take away Media Matters tax exemptions for a start.

BTW, the F-4 is the meanest looking aircraft ever!!

Archived