Horace Spencer named to SEC Community Service Team

augolf1716

Great Auburn Man.........love Horace

BIRMINGHAM, Ala. – Auburn forward Horace Spencer has been named to the Southeastern Conference Men's Basketball Community Service Team, the league office announced Monday.

The Philadelphia, Pa. native has been involved in a variety of projects and programs in the local area.

He is a regular volunteer with the East Alabama Food Bank where he sorts food and stuffs bags of food for those in need around the Auburn area.

Spencer has volunteered numerous hours to visit students at the Boys and Girls Club of Greater Lee County and with the Jason Dufner Charitable Foundation to help end child hunger in the state of Alabama.

The senior has also volunteered for several other community service projects, including Habitat for Humanity of Greater Lee County and Homes for our Troops, where he and his teammates helped to build a home for a wounded Veteran and resident of Auburn.

Spencer has been an annual volunteer around the holidays at the Christian Women's Job Corps Dinner to go along with assisting with the Toys for Tots gift drive.

He has also visited children and cancer patients receiving treatment at the East Alabama Medical Center and the Children's Hospital of Alabama in Birmingham.

On the court, Spencer has been Auburn's second-leading rebounder with 134 boards (4.3 per game) entering postseason play. He also has added 4.4 points per game to go along with a total of 21 steals and 20 blocks as an anchor for the Tigers.

Congratulations to Horace. The recognition and honor for this extends so far beyond the boundaries of any basketball court. Great works by this young man. Great example for others and I believe his son couldn't have a better example to follow. This may be my favorite photo of Horace... he gives everything he has. 

3S2VPRVEQREHRAPJAGDFE2NKDA.jpg

i'm going to miss this guy....he is the hardest working guy to ever play at AU....he didn't alway play smart, but when he screwed up it was at full speed and at 100% maximum effort....we need more like him

59 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i'm going to miss this guy....he is the hardest working guy to ever play at AU....he didn't alway play smart, but when he screwed up it was at full speed and at 100% maximum effort....we need more like him

The guy earned his scholly....gave 100%+....

Congrats young man. 

Archived