Men's assistant Ira Bowman mentioned in bribary scheme

AlaskanFAN

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Could be but sounds like the big news today is about the west coast and dumb kids of celebrities doing the same thing out there.....

Quit being a douche and trying to make it political in this forum.   Celebrities are clearly super rich by most standards.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Could be but sounds like the big news today is about the west coast and dumb kids of celebrities doing the same thing out there.....

i do hope all of them go to prison for a long time

5 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Quit being a douche and trying to make it political in this forum.   Celebrities are clearly super rich by most standards.

ap,550x550,16x12,1,transparent,t.png

by the way, most pundits are scratching their heads on whether bowman even committed an NCAA violation....that is based on available info,i would assume....compliance will make the final call, but if he is at practice, its obvious that this may not be cut and dried...strange circumstances

9 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Read the article in Yahoo or anywhere else.....highlight of the story were a couple well known TV celebs and had nothing to do with political....just rich folk trying to buy their kids an advantage and getting caught.....so don't be such ***** just read the news and accept it at face value. . 

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

by the way, most pundits are scratching their heads on whether bowman even committed an NCAA violation....that is based on available info,i would assume....compliance will make the final call, but if he is at practice, its obvious that this may not be cut and dried...strange circumstances

This sounds like round 2 of Chuck Persons problems........a coach getting caught up in something accidentally that apparently was not even the primary focus of an investigation.  But violation or not, trustworthiness is an issue and I expect NCAA will give us a colonoscopy over every recruit he was handling on behalf of AU.

Odd thing is that someone seems to have sold a valuable basketball scholarship to parents of a guy who was not likely to play for them.   Penn is the one party who seems to have gotten screwed in this deal. :dunno:

9 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Read the article in Yahoo or anywhere else.....highlight of the story were a couple well known TV celebs and had nothing to do with political....just rich folk trying to buy their kids an advantage and getting caught.....so don't be such ***** just read the news and accept it at face value. . 

nm, you are not worth it

Just now, auburnphan said:

I read the criminal complaint, maybe you should too.

yep.....so what was the political comment you claim I made?   I just paraphrased the facts.....and worse still, at least one of kids cost a few hundred grand to get in to USC and did not even want to be there.  Whole thing is crazy ...other than some interested and qualified student probably lost a slot in that case.

I feel he will get into trouble from the FBI regarding the $$ he took and to whether or not he filed it as reported income on his taxes. I am no good on IRS stuff, so someone out there will have to chime in on that. 

11 minutes ago, AU64 said:

yep.....so what was the political comment you claim I made?   I just paraphrased the facts.....and worse still, at least one of kids cost a few hundred grand to get in to USC and did not even want to be there.  Whole thing is crazy ...other than some interested and qualified student probably lost a slot in that case.

Most parents in the criminal complaint were not celebrities and some gave as much as $6.5 million.  You know exactly what you did, you have pulled this crap for years and years and years.  I am done with you and this. 

3 minutes ago, auburnphan said:

Most parents in the criminal complaint were not celebrities and some gave as much as $6.5 million.  You know exactly what you did, you have pulled this crap for years and years and years.  I am done with you and this. 

Do you need a tampon or something? His post wasn’t any more political than yours. And yours was a lot more douche than his. 

I think the funniest part of it is we hired Bowman to replace Person (replace one cheater for another ).

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

Do you need a tampon or something? His post wasn’t any more political than yours. And yours was a lot more douche than his. 

Yours is worse Neanderthal. This remark is inexcusable, disrespectful, and offensive. I hope you don't have daughters.

1 minute ago, Tigerbelle said:

Yours is worse Neanderthal. This remark is inexcusable, disrespectful, and offensive. 

Okay. I’m tracking we are full of ad hominems. 

4 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

I hope you don't have daughters.

I do. I hope you’re not the one to judge. 

Peace brothers and sisters...….AU family...should all be on the same side...even when we make ill-advised comments...

SO....does Coach Bowman go to Nashville this week?  

6 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Okay. I’m tracking we are full of ad hominems. 

I do. I hope you’re not the one to judge. 

I sincerely hope you don't use that kind of language around her. It's inexcusable to use it, anywhere, and even worse that you think it's ok. It says everything about you.

3 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

I sincerely hope you don't use that kind of language around her. It's inexcusable to use it, anywhere, and even worse that you think it's ok. It says everything about you.

You might as well block me, lady. 

6 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Peace brothers and sisters...….AU family...should all be on the same side...even when we make ill-advised comments...

SO....does Coach Bowman go to Nashville this week?  

There's ill advised......and there's vulgar and offensive. I should not have to put with that kind of garbage. 

fire.gif

simp.gif

14 hours ago, AUMASTERS said:

I think the funniest part of it is we hired Bowman to replace Person (replace one cheater for another ).

Err'body got they hand out for a piece of the pie.  Cut corners, take a little action on the side, help a brother advance to bigger and better things.

20 minutes ago, keesler said:

Err'body got they hand out for a piece of the pie.  Cut corners, take a little action on the side, help a brother advance to bigger and better things.

thats true.....the weird part of this that,based on what i have read and heard, it may be that bowman committed a crime(tax related and /or accepting a bribe/conspiracy?) but no NCAA violation...i don't know if accepting money outside of the reported salary is a violation....i know it was at one time because thats what got galen hall in trouble at UF back in the 80's....whatever the case, AU is clean on this, but i worry about cooper now with all of the UK effort to get him

1 hour ago, keesler said:

The IGNORE option is one of the most wonderful attractions of this site.

USE IT PEOPLE!  

It needs to be upgraded to the block option though tbh.......... It would be far more useful then. Am I right @McLoofus or what?! hahaha

57 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

thats true.....the weird part of this that,based on what i have read and heard, it may be that bowman committed a crime(tax related and /or accepting a bribe/conspiracy?) but no NCAA violation...i don't know if accepting money outside of the reported salary is a violation....i know it was at one time because thats what got galen hall in trouble at UF back in the 80's....whatever the case, AU is clean on this, but i worry about cooper now with all of the UK effort to get him

There's no way that Bowman didn't get some kind of monetary gain. His coach was let go, and asked Bowman to set up separate accounts. Bowman is not going to help his ex-coach out now without monetary gain. 

May not be able to prove it, but Bowman has to go, regardless that it may not be an NCAA violation. He did something wrong, and AU can't afford to have anyone tainted as part of our basketball program.

Archived