Men's assistant Ira Bowman mentioned in bribary scheme

AlaskanFAN

14 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It needs to be upgraded to the block option though tbh.......... It would be far more useful then. Am I right @McLoofus or what?! hahaha

Block/mute... sure would be nice to actually avoid some of these fools, but top-quoting still manages to make some of these conversations smell awful.

For instance, I see that a certain someone has added offensive remarks of a sexist nature to his resume. Christ, I wish his parents wouldn't have caved on getting that fancy wireless router that extends all the way to the basement. 

But ignore definitely helps a lot!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

There's no way that Bowman didn't get some kind of monetary gain. His coach was let go, and asked Bowman to set up separate accounts. Bowman is not going to help his ex-coach out now without monetary gain.  

If the FBI has the financial records and apparently they do, it will be a simple matter to determine if Bowman got any monetary gain or not. I say let the guy be innocent until proven guilty, just as American law is set up to do.

There's a chance he got nothing out if it and did nothing illegal. Remember all the false accusations against Cam Newton? Let's let this play out before we assume the worst.

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If the FBI has the financial records and apparently they do, it will be a simple matter to determine if Bowman got any monetary gain or not. I say let the guy be innocent until proven guilty, just as American law is set up to do.

There's a chance he got nothing out if it and did nothing illegal. Remember all the false accusations against Cam Newton? Let's let this play out before we assume the worst.

I am a realistic kind of guy and will ofc wait for the facts to unfold. It was just my thoughts on  the information so far provided. OFC, anything is possible.

And to be honest, it was not Cam that was the problem or the alleged perpetrator. But his father. 

And as in other cases that have hit the news in the last 2 days, parents were the problem in the Penn case, as well as the college entrance bribery case.  

I suppose we had to do this for the PR. 

Lol anyone think we've been focusing on the wrong under-the-table payment schemes this whole time? A kid's parents paid over 1 million freaking bucks to send their kid to Yale and we got people freaking out over an athlete getting $100k? LOL 

13 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I suppose we had to do this for the PR. 

Lol anyone think we've been focusing on the wrong under-the-table payment schemes this whole time? A kid's parents paid over 1 million freaking bucks to send their kid to Yale and we got people freaking out over an athlete getting $100k? LOL 

The dollar amount is immaterial.  Both of those schemes are wrong.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Lol anyone think we've been focusing on the wrong under-the-table payment schemes this whole time?

Well I sure feel like I had an under-the-table payment scheme when I saw my annual tuition bill at Auburn.  

tenor.gif

What amazes me is that several schools and coaches sold one of their athletic scholarships to a player/family who could not contribute to the success of his team and was willing to compete with fewer scholarship athletes than competitor schools.  

JMO but that is nuts.  It is the opposite of "buying" a quality athlete in order to win some games which is the usual NCAA violation.   These "violations" sound more like embezzlement or theft of company /school resources.    

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

What amazes me is that several schools and coaches sold one of their athletic scholarships to a player/family who could not contribute to the success of his team and was willing to compete with fewer scholarship athletes than competitor schools.  

JMO but that is nuts.  It is the opposite of "buying" a quality athlete in order to win some games which is the usual NCAA violation.   These "violations" sound more like embezzlement or theft of company /school resources.    

these folks involved in these schemes were pocketing tax-free money and it was too much to turn down....most of these schools don't care about sports anyway, and the coaches saw a way to make bank....now the "celebrity" and ivy league fraud, that was an elaborate scheme with a broker falsifying documents,mail fraud,bribery and no telling what else....thats going to be hilarious to watch....the big shots going down on this and i love it!!!!....my kid goes to "haaaaavard" don't mean nuttin' no mo'....it is nuts, and i wonder just how deep the rabbithole goes

40 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

these folks involved in these schemes were pocketing tax-free money and it was too much to turn down....most of these schools don't care about sports anyway, and the coaches saw a way to make bank....now the "celebrity" and ivy league fraud, that was an elaborate scheme with a broker falsifying documents,mail fraud,bribery and no telling what else....thats going to be hilarious to watch....the big shots going down on this and i love it!!!!....my kid goes to "haaaaavard" don't mean nuttin' no mo'....it is nuts, and i wonder just how deep the rabbithole goes

Guess I could see Harvard or Yale....but bribing someone so your daughter could go to USCw.....the "university of spoiled children"   I mean that's priceless....:o

At least they were smart enough to pick minor sports where no one cared but basketball at Penn?.....now that's more serious I think. 

23 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

There's ill advised......and there's vulgar and offensive. I should not have to put with that kind of garbage. 

There is something called the ignore button. Use it and quit griping as if there isn’t no such help for these matters. I remember the time you accused Cole of “mansplaining” on this very forum (when he wasn’t, he only posts one way!!!) and I can already tell we aren’t going to get along. 

Thanks. 

Seems to me the “students” were told to fill out the University’s application and it was then submitted as an athletic recruit and thus subject to lower entrance standards. 

This shows that the athletic departments submit applications and the department that handles applications are not aware of how many people can be allowed on a team. Fairly imaginative if you ask me, big loophole. 

Am I wrong?

8 hours ago, McLoofus said:

For instance, I see that a certain someone has added offensive remarks of a sexist nature to his resume. Christ, I wish his parents wouldn't have caved on getting that fancy wireless router that extends all the way to the basement

Its pretty amazing how it extends through the basement and into your brain, where I live 24-7 isn’t it? 

On 3/12/2019 at 6:14 PM, Tigerbelle said:

Yours is worse Neanderthal. This remark is inexcusable, disrespectful, and offensive. I hope you don't have daughters.

Lol no daughters, I have a sister though, and she has tossed that comment at more than one male. Know plenty of women that have dropped that phrase on a male.

I respect your right to be offended by it though. Just want to point out that is not a male only insult in today's world.

On 3/11/2019 at 10:07 PM, aujeff11 said:

We attract the troubled like we are running an underground brothel over here. 

Like?......... wait...... didn't you guys get that on your tours of Auburn also?

39 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Like?......... wait...... didn't you guys get that on your tours of Auburn also?

Don’t know but at my orientation at a different school, there is something about hearing from the guest speaker “look around you, one of the students next to you won’t make it” that made everybody horny. Spartacus style orgies for three days. 

Jk.

Stamina wasn’t my strong suit.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

There is something called the ignore button. Use it and quit griping as if there isn’t no such help for these matters. I remember the time you accused Cole of “mansplaining” on this very forum (when he wasn’t, he only posts one way!!!) and I can already tell we aren’t going to get along. 

Thanks. 

Since you have no idea what mansplaining is just stop with the whining about it. You were out of line and you want to make it about me. You just want the little woman to sit down and shut up while you act like a tough man giving me orders. The real solution is for you to stop acting like jackazz. This is all on you buddy.

2 hours ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol no daughters, I have a sister though, and she has tossed that comment at more than one male. Know plenty of women that have dropped that phrase on a male.

I respect your right to be offended by it though. Just want to point out that is not a male only insult in today's world.

That's the exception rather than the rule, and it's still crass. Most women hate that men talk that way.  I've never in my life heard a woman use that phrase to insult someone.

Wowzers! We are all a little grumpy today. Including me. Today is the first anniversary of my father's death. I'm sad.

Also, I just hate the fact that we are connected once again, in whatever small way, to yet another scandal. I hate that Auburn can be drawn into this latest conversation. Heard Auburn mentioned, in a snarky way, today on Sirius XM. They said something like, "Is anyone surprised this is happening at Auburn?"

So folks, serious talk, how do we avoid this? Is it so pervasive that no one avoids it? Is there something wrong with our vetting process for coaches? I heard that now there is an IMG coach involved. Can Cadillac be tainted as well? I mean, I doubt it, but all of this is too close for comfort with me. Why can't it be Bama or UGA coaches with dubious connections? Arrrrgggghhh!

45 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Since you have no idea what mansplaining is just stop with the whining about it.

Considering that multiple posters had to defend him, I’d say you’re the one that has no clue what it is. 

You were out of line and you want to make it about me.

If I was out of line then, I’m never in line. So let it be written. 

You just want the little woman to sit down and shut up while you act like a tough man giving me orders. 

Now you’re projecting. I wasn’t even talking to you and you happened to be lurking long enough to interject yourself into a pissing contest over something I said. Who is telling who to shut up?  Fact of the matter is you still have the ignore option and have yet to use it. 

We can have a conversation about why you feel the way that you do, but coming at me hard the way you did suggests you’re not in tbe mood for that.

42 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That's the exception rather than the rule, and it's still crass. Most women hate that men talk that way.  I've never in my life heard a woman use that phrase to insult someone.

Like to see the evidence for that. JK, I don't care that much. Different circles/different areas. Heard it plenty along with other terms that women use when they go into emasculation mode.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know but at my orientation at a different school, there is something about hearing from the guest speaker “look around you, one of the students next to you won’t make it” that made everybody horny. Spartacus style orgies for three days. 

Jk.

Stamina wasn’t my strong suit.

Lol. I always think of Charles and his tales of the strip clubs.

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol. I always think of Charles and his tales of the strip clubs.

I’m guessing around Benning?

1 hour ago, 3rdgeneration said:

So folks, serious talk, how do we avoid this? Is it so pervasive that no one avoids it? Is there something wrong with our vetting process for coaches?

I don't see any way to have avoided this current situation. It wasn't known until this week and so far, nobody in authority is even saying whether our guy did anything wrong or not.

Archived