Austin Wiley Injury Status

logan adams

29 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I'm hoping Bruce uses this warm up game on wedensday as a scrimmage that's almost solely dedicated to getting Wiley involved and comfortable with the team. 

Still interested in peoples' thoughts if they think he'll just absolutely displace Mac from the starting line up.

Guess it is an issue if he is 100% recovered from the ankle injury....why take a chance on re-injury ?    He did not seem to be moving well the other night but would be nice to have him ready for Hawaii.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t really see Wiley taking mclemore’s minutes. I think he is more likely to impact spencers minutes. I think we’d see more of mclemore at the 4. We could go super size with Wiley, McLemore, Okeke, Purifoy, and Harper running point. Hell if Doughty can play some point that would be a lot of length on the floor. 

14 minutes ago, gravejd said:

I don’t really see Wiley taking mclemore’s minutes. I think he is more likely to impact spencers minutes. I think we’d see more of mclemore at the 4. We could go super size with Wiley, McLemore, Okeke, Purifoy, and Harper running point. Hell if Doughty can play some point that would be a lot of length on the floor. 

yeah. Doughty gonna get the looks at point guard way before Brown does. I agree though, the team could trot a super big lineup if need be. A Doughty, Purifoy, Okeke, Mac (or Horace) and Wiley lineup could legit happen if need be. I personally would enjoy seeing it happen

3 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

Still interested in peoples' thoughts if they think he'll just absolutely displace Mac from the starting line up.

Even if he does eventually Mac will still get his minutes between the 4 & 5 & make major contributions.

http://www.tankathon.com/mock_draft

Pretty interesting. I guess this kind of pertains to Wiley but mostly pertains to Mac. Was just looking through some updated mock drafts and this one has Mac going in the first round but no Wiley (who most believe is a foregone conclusion that he leaves). It will be really interesting to see how all this shakes out at the end of hte year

12 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That’s crazy that Mac can go from little known recruit to nba first rounder in 3 years. Talk about a steal

And talk about player development. Bruce looking good all around with this. 

41 minutes ago, gravejd said:

That’s crazy that Mac can go from little known recruit to nba first rounder in 3 years. Talk about a steal

it's just one site. And those mock drafts are usually all over the place after the first dozen picks. Still speaks volumes that he's on the radar. But he's not in any way shape or form a guaranteed first rd pick

Man Mac is one of my favorite players but I would be extreeeemely, yet pleasantly, surprised if he is a first round pick. Guys with his game/profile generally have long and successful careers in the top leagues in Europe -- which is not a knock on the guy at all. He is everything you'd want on your team except just a few inches shorter than the NBA guys that will play the same position.

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Why would anyone wish for Wiley to be injured?

I think it was in reference to Purifoy playing. ??

26 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Could be a careful what you wish for situation

Ooh, cryptic. 

39 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Could be a careful what you wish for situation

short leash.....JMO...

Wiley has really had a difficult career. Injuries and the suspension have really made it hard for him to build on his skillset. If it's more foot problems that's not good for a big man.

I wish I had everyone else's confidence that "we'll be fine". You don't lose a starter and a guy getting 20+ minutes a game and be fine. Add in the fact that we're now playing without our tallest player on an already undersized team ... I'm just hoping Wiley gets better quickly and comes back playing good basketball.

Archived