Men vs. South Carolina tournament game thread

Randman5000

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well ..tied at half....I'm satisfied with that.....got some better play ahead of us....

7 minutes ago, looney said:

I'm working.

And the game is on my phone so I'm sort of half-watching, half-listening in the background.

Is EVERY player on their team named Silva?

I really don't think I've heard them say one other name from their side.

Annoying as heck remembering how he just brutalized our guys and got away with it last time out.

Silva is very active.

NOTE:   Auburn now has the SEC record for most made 3 pointers in a season.  The 8 in the first half puts us at 363 on the season and knocks Arkansas off the top (361 in 1995)

Good half  I like our toughness. I like how Wiley and DP came in and played well on BOTH ends. I like Brown and Harper's synergy. I like samir 's heart

Doughty had a decent half. Would like to see Wiley and maybe Chuma working more down low. Big 3 by Purifoy

Horace needs to play better. Chumma needs to attack the rim and work it inside out. Our guys need to look down low.

Can I just say that I love how Coach Pearl always gives the other teams credit whenever they're playing tough. Frank Martin was just like, "Nah, Auburn didn't do crap to stop us we just suck." Paraphrasing, of course.

Dumbotron. Ugh. Did anyone else see that (I'm streaming, not watching live TV.)

3 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Can I just say that I love how Coach Pearl always gives the other teams credit whenever they're playing tough. Frank Martin was just like, "Nah, Auburn didn't do crap to stop us we just suck." Paraphrasing, of course.

That’s part of their identity though...you still see that underdog no bend no break mentality in fellas like Montrezl Harrell in the league. It’s generally what makes them such a tough out 

8 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

NOTE:   Auburn now has the SEC record for most made 3 pointers in a season.  The 8 in the first half puts us at 363 on the season and knocks Arkansas off the top (361 in 1995)

That's awesome. 24 year-old record.

7 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Horace needs to play better. Chumma needs to attack the rim and work it inside out. Our guys need to look down low.

We need to have fast start to the 2nd half. These guys are scary tough and they are obviously better than Mizzou.

10 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Wow what an evenly matched quarterfinal. Should be a great 2nd half and finish. Gonna be soooo glad when Silva is gone.

Silvia is very good but the referees are in love with him.  That makes him better than he is.  

13 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Tie ball game at the half. 36-36!!!

Need to defend the inside better and watch the fouls.

Yep..we need to start fast and be productive early in the half instead of starting slow again. I want the chance to PLay Florida and maybe make it to the Finals this year.

Archived