Softball vs. Texas A&M game 3

Going to the bottom of the 6th, Auburn has done nothing all day.  4 hits but nothing else.   A&M leads 4-0.

Well, allow me to outline the bottom of the 6th for Auburn.  

Rivera singled to short
Tannon Snow doubled off the wall in center 4-1
Veach Intentionally walked
Godwin Singles to Richt center
Perry grounds to 2nd (throw comes home, catcher off the base) run scores.  4-2
Greenwood singles to center (scores 2 runs).   4-4
Podany grounds to pitcher (1 out)
Taylon Snow reached on fielders choice Perry out at 3rd (caught in a rundown) (2 outs)
McCrackin singed to center.  Tigers lead 5-4
Rivera walked (loads the bases)
Tannon Snow walked (6-4)
Veach walked (on 4 pitches) (7-4)
Godwin walked(4 pitches) (8-4)
Justus Perry sends one DEEP to left center and its GONE.   Tigers RUN RULE A&M in the 6th inning, winning 12-4.  

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Going to the bottom of the 6th, Auburn has done nothing all day.  4 hits but nothing else.   A&M leads 4-0.

Rivera singled to short
Taylon Snow reached on fielders choice Perry out at 3rd (caught in a rundown) (2 outs)
Tannon Snow walked (6-4)
Justus Perry sends one DEEP to left center and its GONE.   Tigers RUN RULE A&M in the 6th inning, winning 12-4.  

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

Thanks...that explains everything...but AU pitchers gave up MANY hits this weekend against the aggies.  Not sure what that might mean going forward but I was thinking our pitching would be a bit more dominant.  AU Bats were lively though... :)

Just now, Tigerbelle said:

I didn't get to watch much softball this weekend but wish I could have. 

Nice weekend for the Lady Tigers!!!

Yep..…and I saw none...just followed the live stats and listened a couple minutes here and there... .....need to get them back on streaming so I can follow them better. 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Yep..…and I saw none...just followed the live stats and listened a couple minutes here and there... .....need to get them back on streaming so I can follow them better. 

Saturday and today's game were both available to watch.  Yesterday was on SEC NETWORK, today on SEC Network+.

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

Saturday and today's game were both available to watch.  Yesterday was on SEC NETWORK, today on SEC Network+.

Thanks...guess I was too involved with AU elsewhere...

20 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...guess I was too involved with AU elsewhere...

Me too. I saw part of the game yesterday.....but with so much going on this weekend with Auburn there was no way to see all of the games. 

47 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Me too. I saw part of the game yesterday.....but with so much going on this weekend with Auburn there was no way to see all of the games. 

I saw all 3 yesterday and cleaned out a spare bedroom between basketball and softball games. :)

Saw most of all 3 today. though with them overlapping each other it was a bit more difficult.  Men's basketball on the big tv,  baseball starts on the small tv since it started at 1.  Basketball game over a little after 2, so baseball gets switched to the big tv and softball goes to the small tv.   That's how I roll. :)

3 hours ago, AU64 said:

Thanks...that explains everything...but AU pitchers gave up MANY hits this weekend against the aggies.  Not sure what that might mean going forward but I was thinking our pitching would be a bit more dominant.  AU Bats were lively though... :)

I read on another forum that Friday's HP umpire had a tiny strike zone that forced both pitchers to throw more fat pitches, hence 23 hits between the two teams.  I was following on LiveStats (wish we had the black version), but that's easy to believe, because no one has gotten 12 hits off Martin since she came to Auburn.  Harris did a great job yesterday, yielding 3 hits.  Swindle today gave up 10, but only 4 runs.  Why did Dean start Swindle today?  I think he wanted to give her another chance to be a starter, since she's a junior.   Also, aTm has a lot of RH power (speaking from memory).  Maybe he thought her type of pitches would cause the aTm hitters more trouble than Lexie's smokeball.  Or maybe I'm full of it, and Handley was sick.  Hopefully, she gained something from pitching through all that adversity.  Had aTm won either of the first two games, I think we would have seen Martin today.  (That assumes the Friday explanation is true.)

32 minutes ago, OlderWhiskey said:

I read on another forum that Friday's HP umpire had a tiny strike zone that forced both pitchers to throw more fat pitches, hence 23 hits between the two teams.  I was following on LiveStats (wish we had the black version), but that's easy to believe, because no one has gotten 12 hits off Martin since she came to Auburn.  Harris did a great job yesterday, yielding 3 hits.  Swindle today gave up 10, but only 4 runs.  Why did Dean start Swindle today?  I think he wanted to give her another chance to be a starter, since she's a junior.   Also, aTm has a lot of RH power (speaking from memory).  Maybe he thought her type of pitches would cause the aTm hitters more trouble than Lexie's smokeball.  Or maybe I'm full of it, and Handley was sick.  Hopefully, she gained something from pitching through all that adversity.  Had aTm won either of the first two games, I think we would have seen Martin today.  (That assumes the Friday explanation is true.)

Martin actually started but was pulled in first inning since she was getting knocked around again. 

4 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Rivera singled to short
Tannon Snow walked (6-4)

WAR DAMN EAGLE!!!

I never imagined a more defeating way to lose.  Auburn just said we have had enough, score 12 with a game ending Grand Slam! Still in awe after watching that today. 

3 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Martin actually started but was pulled in first inning since she was getting knocked around again. 

thanks, I missed the very start due to the basketball game.  Also read on another forum that Handley has had a bit of a back issue, but should be good to go by next weekend.

15 hours ago, OlderWhiskey said:

Also read on another forum that Handley has had a bit of a back issue, but should be good to go by next weekend.

Expect more pitching rotation changes due to circumstances.  Hoping Harris and Swindle stay sharp.

8 hours ago, wildling said:

One thing I noticed this series- Dowell is now batting lefty, she was mostly/only righty last year.

Yes, she has been batting strictly from the left side this whole year. It was a change CEK went with in the fall.

14 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Lefty bats help. 

They do, unless the hitter hits better from the right side. True witch hitters are few and far between.

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

They do, unless the hitter hits better from the right side. True witch hitters are few and far between.

Wow never thought about that................:poke:

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Wow never thought about that................:poke:

absolutely....that's why you should spend more time on this forum.....lots of good stuff to learn if you just pay attention...:-\

5 hours ago, Mikey said:

And it makes them vulnerable to bad spells from those witches. 

Archived