Softball vs. Texas A&M game 3

5 hours ago, TD1 said:

Yikes! Martin is in a cast. 

Where are you getting this info?  Not doubting, but I haven't seen anything and just need verification - don't want rumors

I have not looked on social media for any pictures but a couple of what I would call reliable sources on this site (4WDE and all4AU) have added support to the initial revelation by TD1.  I went back and looked at the end of the A&M game and when Martin came out on the field to celebrate she had her right hand taped from above the wrist down to about mid-hand.  Prior to the post about a cast (TD1) 4WDE had hinted at some changes other than those possibly related to Handley's back issue.  See the post "Monday, 04:14 PM. 

49 minutes ago, slot canyon said:

I have not looked on social media for any pictures but a couple of what I would call reliable sources on this site (4WDE and all4AU) have added support to the initial revelation by TD1.  I went back and looked at the end of the A&M game and when Martin came out on the field to celebrate she had her right hand taped from above the wrist down to about mid-hand.  Prior to the post about a cast (TD1) 4WDE had hinted at some changes other than those possibly related to Handley's back issue.  See the post "Monday, 04:14 PM. 

I went back also (after seeing your post) and could see her hand taped, also as she jumped around, left arm raised up, right arm held by her side.  That may explain some of the hits she gave up over the weekend, in that she was not 100%.  Not sure about a cast and have not seen/heard anything on an injury report.  Hoping it is minor and a quick recovery.

As alot of people do, she probably did a "post and delete". I went back to look this morning and as you stated, it's no longer there. Like Slot said, I'd read where people were hinting that they hope Harris and Swindle stay healthy, guess that's what they were referring to. That really puts us in a bad spot with only 2 pitchers available. 

Saw a post game picture with Lexie Handley leaning over and smiling so not sure how severe her back problem might be. Could be possible she might be in the rotation at some point this weekend. I have no inside info just hopeful.

4 hours ago, slot canyon said:

Makayla had her hand wrapped on Monday and in the cast Tuesday. That’s the extent of what I know. 

Im hoping Lexie’s back is nothing more than soreness from helping in Beauregard Thursday so if Makayla is out, I’m hoping Lexie can participate as the 3rd member of our staff this weekend. 

Well, damn.  "Cast" implies a degree of semi-permanence, weeks at least.  Hate it most for Makayla  that she's going to lose a big chunk of her senior season.  Hope she can come back before the end, but that's only two months off.  She's been huge for AU softball since 2016.

Found this:

Guidelines for Medical Hardship Waiver Requests
For a student-athlete to receive a Medical Hardship Waiver per Bylaw 14.2.4, the following four conditions must be met:

The student-athlete may not have participated in more than two contests or dates of competition or 20 percent of the team's completed contests/dates of competition.
The injury or illness must occur prior to the completion of the first half of the season.
The injury or illness does not have to occur during practice/competition, but it must be incapacitating.
Appropriate medical documentation must exist and be provided.

All percentages are calculated according to contests or dates of competition, depending on how your sport's competitive opportunities are counted. Only contests or dates of competition occurring during the championship (traditional) season are included in the calculations. Conference championships/tournaments are counted as one contest or date of competition, regardless of the actual contest/dates used.

If the percentage calculation for the 20-percent rule results in a decimal -- any decimal -- the whole number preceding it is always rounded up. For example, if the softball team competes in 56 games, 20 percent of 56 is 11.2. Due to the "rounding-up," a softball team member who competed in 12 games does qualify for a medical hardship waiver.

To meet the first-half-of-the-season requirement, all competition must cease prior to the start of the contest or date of competition that begins the second half of the season. For example, a soccer player competing in the 10th game of a 19-game season does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver. Also, a student-athlete who is injured in the first half of the season, then attempts to play in the second half and aggravates the original injury, does not qualify for a medical hardship waiver.

NOTE: A STUDENT-ATHLETE RECEIVING A MEDICAL HARDSHIP WAIVER IS PERMITTED UNLIMITED PARTICIPATION IN THE NON-TRADITIONAL (NON-CHAMPIONSHIP) PORTION OF THE SEASON.

I believe we have played 30 games and have 24 regular season games remaining. Anyone know how many games she has pitched ? May not matter since we are over halfway through the regular season.

Archived