AU64

Could we be any further from home?   But a 5 seed

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AU64 said:

Could we be any further from home?   But a 5 seed

Think we got screwed. 

I thought for sure we would bump up to a 4 seed. 

New Mexico State is a tough draw.  They would be a higher seed if not in the WAC. 

I think this adds proof that the tournament performance doesn't really mean much (unless you are a bubble team and run the table). 

Brutal, brutal draw for us.  Going across the country to play Thursday after playing 4 in 4 days scares the hell out of me.

If we keep playing the way we have the last month, we could have a very satisfying win over Kansas and we could stand toe to toe with UNC to try to make it to the Elite 8. 

1 minute ago, boisnumber1 said:

Dont like the seeding nor location - got screwed - but I think we have a good shot at the sweet 16.

This is my thoughts exactly.  

Of course our SEC tourney set up was perfect!  So this wasn’t unexpected.  

Auburn should have been  a 3 or 4 seed plus the location and pairing are not the best, but thrilled they are in the big dance.

Regardless of the tourney I’m extremely happy. The way things were trending midseason, and to where we are now, this team accomplished so much.

Wish we got Miss St draw. We got absolutely effed over. New Mexico St and potentially Kansas?! 7 wins in a row does nothing for the committee?! COME ON!!!! We have a hard road just to even win 1 game in the tourney. 

13 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I thought for sure we would bump up to a 4 seed. 

New Mexico State is a tough draw.  They would be a higher seed if not in the WAC. 

How can you tell? Their schedule reads like a list of online schools.

3 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Wish we got Miss St draw. We got absolutely effed over. New Mexico St and potentially Kansas?! 7 wins in a row does nothing for the committee?! COME ON!!!! We have a hard road just to even win 1 game in the tourney. 

Time to strap it up!

CA5AC003-638D-48C2-BDF0-06628350919F.gif

Archived