Men get New Mexico State as 5 seed

AU64

2 hours ago, TigerNBham said:

We play the cards we caught.  I like chances of a sweet 16.  With Salt Lake we shouldn't need to worry about night life distractions.  We will see. 

Those mormans are notoriously vicious. Watch your backs guys and hide your women.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, AUDub said:

Think we got screwed. 

Agree. It's like the winning the SEC didn't even matter today. I thought we should've been a 4 seed for sure. Long shot at the last 3 seed. I don't mind us going out west...although it sucks for the fans to travel but I think it could help with the team being very focused. The East & South brackets always seem to be stacked with really good teams considering most top teams are located in those regions so there's a chance for some big match ups early and draws a big crowd compared to Mid west and West. 

I would've preferred Gonzaga's bracket since they were going to send us out west. FSU has a great chance coming out of the West. Michigan struggles to score at times as it was evident today. Texas Tech struggles to score as well. With our style of play....i would've loved our chances coming out of the west bracket. 

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

FAM! THIS PISSES ME OFF ROYALLY!!!! LAZY FREAKING BUMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Quadrant 1 wins on a neutral floor in the conference tourney should mean just as much as they do in the regular season!!! A win is a win is a win against Quad 1 teams (and 2. not sure what us beating florida qualified as.) Conference tourneys should MEAN MORE. If you collect some big wins like we did then we should of been bumped up to a 4. Florida and UT on a neutral floor should of meant something. O SORRY you would of had to shuffle around a little your seeding. OH NOOOOO!!! We were still building our resume. The regular season is just part of the body of work. Same as the conference tourney. 

Agree. Why even have conference tournaments if that type of mess is going on! All about the money! But yet these kids are risking injury and it means nothing on selection Sunday. That's not right. Geesh...can't believe they had the nerve to say that. 

I think we'll be fine but i'm more worried about New Mexico State than Kansas. 

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Agree. Why even have conference tournaments if that type of mess is going on! All about the money! But yet these kids are risking injury and it means nothing on selection Sunday. That's not right. Geesh...can't believe they had the nerve to say that. 

I think we'll be fine but i'm more worried about New Mexico State than Kansas. 

DEF!!! That is so freaking well put! The conference tourney is part of the whole body of work! It should mean just as much as the regular season...... I am worried about both teams and the thin air combined with playing on a thursday instead of a friday after we just played 4 in 4. SMH.

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

DEF!!! That is so freaking well put! The conference tourney is part of the whole body of work! It should mean just as much as the regular season...... I am worried about both teams and the thin air combined with playing on a thursday instead of a friday after we just played 4 in 4. SMH.

Those 12 & 5 matchups are always tricky. I think Kansas is still being overvalued. As long as we don't look past NMS i think we have a really great shot. Kansas relies so much on Lawson down low with Dotson. I don't think Kansas can keep up with us even if we're having just an sub-par day shooting 3s. Their offense is really struggling. Iowa State is a team with several weapons like us and they couldn't do anything with Iowa State this year. I just really like that match up for us. I don't think they can shoot their way into a win if they get down against us. But we shall see. First thing is to take care of NMS. 

At some point, the SEC head office guys have got to realize that the selection committee makes their seeding on Saturday. It's time to revamp the SEC championship tourney to end on Saturday, just like ACC. Surely they can see that this Sunday championship game really works against SEC teams.

YES! I know it is all about MONEY! Let's make our SEC money by Saturday!

New Mexico State has a huge advantage Las Cruces is 3,900 feet altitude Salt Lake City is 4,226 feet altitude. They are used to playing in the mountains I have played in Rugby Tournaments in Park City, Utah and Aspen, Co both over 7,000 feet and I can tell you the altitude has an impact on you.  That said because of our 10 man rotation I think we can get by them and then I think the altitude will hurt teams a lot who only have 7 man rotations. For the people complaining about the seeding a few weeks ago we were worried if we would even get into the tournament.  If New Mexico States record is a reflection of weak competition we will blow them out if they really are a good team it will be a tough contest. 

If we play like we did today it won't matter we will win against New Mexico State.

35 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Those 12 & 5 matchups are always tricky. I think Kansas is still being overvalued. As long as we don't look past NMS i think we have a really great shot. Kansas relies so much on Lawson down low with Dotson. I don't think Kansas can keep up with us even if we're having just an sub-par day shooting 3s. Their offense is really struggling. Iowa State is a team with several weapons like us and they couldn't do anything with Iowa State this year. I just really like that match up for us. I don't think they can shoot their way into a win if they get down against us. But we shall see. First thing is to take care of NMS. 

I will admit their name on the front of the jersey is getting to my head if we can beat New Mexico St. So it gives me a lot more worries than a lesser established program. 

Regardless of the draw there is not a team in the country that wants to play Auburn right now after they dismantled Tennessee like they did. Not saying the blue bloods would be afraid but I doubt they want any part of Auburn. Auburn just needs to take it one game at a time just like they did the SEC tournament. They'll be fine. 

Hopes and prayers that we do not have to listen to Dick Vitale. When will this obnoxious arz retire?

My daughter used to live one hour north of Salt Lake in the Cache Valley. I'm certainly not as in shape as our guys 😂and I had zero problem with altitude sickness when I visited her. I believe it will be little to no issue, especially since our guys are conditioned so well.

Watching the highlights from their Kansas game and GCU game for conference title, NMSt. can shoot the 3 and move the ball pretty well. They can probably hang with us in the matching 3s game unless we are lights out.  They average about 10 a game I believe.  I doubt they have played a defense the way we have played lately. Again these were only highlights, so not sure how well if a down low presence they have etc. This will probably be a good, close first half.  I suspect we will have a run in the 2nd half to win by 10-15. Don't let this team close in the final 3 minutes or we could be in trouble.  

4 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

Have some faith, naysayers. NMSU has been beating the likes of Grand Canyon and Texas State. We’ve been banging all year with the big boys of the SEC, and lost by single digits to Duke. Salt Lake, or Lake Martin, Bruce will have our Tigers ready to go! WDE! 🦅🦅🦅

I was thinking back to the game this afternoon and one moment stood out for me that was stronger than anything else and makes me believe that no matter who we have to play we'll take every shot on the chin and keep coming back.

Up 20 with around a minute to go in the game and Harper was DIVING on the floor to try and save a loose ball. I'm not sure I've ever seen someone with that much hustle when the game was OVER. And it wasn't just Harper, there were a couple other Auburn players fighting to save a meaningless ball from going out of bounds.At this point (with the way this team is playing together and for one another) I'll take my Auburn Tigers over every single team in the country. 

Also, if anyone has a gif of that play, please link it! 

We're the trendy 5-12 upset rn because of how much stock people have NMSU playing in their own region, but it is what it is. 

This current Auburn team is a 3 seed masked as a 5 seed, so I really don't have any problem assuring they can handle business as long as there's no disastrous injuries. Kansas shouldnt be a problem if they can even make it past the first round

4 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This current Auburn team is a 3 seed masked as a 5 seed, so I really don't have any problem assuring they can handle business as long as there's no disastrous injuries. Kansas shouldnt be a problem if they can even make it past the first round

"Kansas shouldn't be a problem"

While true, I NEVER thought I'd be seeing this when talking about Auburn basketball 😳

#TeamBruce

12 hours ago, cole256 said:

What helped him was crepa was so bad it took the attention off of him suckling as well

We don’t always agree, but you are spot on here!

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Hopes and prayers that we do not have to listen to Dick Vitale. When will this obnoxious arz retire?

Well, we could get Bill Walton if we are really unlucky.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

New Mexico State has a huge advantage Las Cruces is 3,900 feet altitude Salt Lake City is 4,226 feet altitude. They are used to playing in the mountains I have played in Rugby Tournaments in Park City, Utah and Aspen, Co both over 7,000 feet and I can tell you the altitude has an impact on you.  That said because of our 10 man rotation I think we can get by them and then I think the altitude will hurt teams a lot who only have 7 man rotations. For the people complaining about the seeding a few weeks ago we were worried if we would even get into the tournament.  If New Mexico States record is a reflection of weak competition we will blow them out if they really are a good team it will be a tough contest. 

If we play like we did today it won't matter we will win against New Mexico State.

out of "likes'....good post....thanks....

Hard to tell what NM has since they played very few quality teams this season. I know nothing about the team. But looking at their stats and roster they won't over power us down low. But i think we drew a tough 12 seed but one of the easier 4 seeds to beat in Kansas. I really like our chances to get to the sweet 16 if we can win the first one. I hope this team can keep riding this wave. It been an amazing run to end the season....i don't want this to end!!

All of us see things through orange and blue glasses but I just heard on the radio, from a neutral source, that what the committee did to Auburn was just wrong. So someone needs to put the clip from Major League out. just go win the whole dang thing!

14 hours ago, TigerNBham said:

With Salt Lake we shouldn't need to worry about night life distractions.

Take it from one who knows, you can get distracted there. I heard that the great club located in Salt Lake City, "The Dead Goat", burned a few years ago. BB King and other notables played there in the past. I don't know if The Goat has rebuilt or whatever, there will be ample distractions available for those seeking to be distracted. :)

11 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

If CPB is on his game, he will have the players running up and down the aisle in the aircraft on the way to Salt Lake.  The altitude in the cabin at 35000ft is around 7000ft.  If he doesn’t, it will be a missed opportunity. 

Archived