Men get New Mexico State as 5 seed

AU64

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, toddc said:

Altitude, as in the city is several 1000 ft. above sea level, or maybe you are joking!

Haha nope just can’t read! I was wondering why the hell somone would question their attitude right after winning 7 games in a row 

23 hours ago, wareagle7298 said:

We lost to Richmond in the first round Barkley's last year I believe.

My dad corrected me on this yesterday - I believe we are 8-0 since the tournament expanded to 64. I’ll correct the original statement

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 9:48 AM, aujeff11 said:

Auburn has been projected in the tournament for months now. Some were wondering but not all. Ken Pom, BPI, and Sagarin all continued to say Auburn was pretty safe. Winning the last 8 helped with seeding. 

winning the SEC Champ didn't help, should have been a 4

On ‎3‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 9:44 PM, AURex said:

At some point, the SEC head office guys have got to realize that the selection committee makes their seeding on Saturday. It's time to revamp the SEC championship tourney to end on Saturday, just like ACC. Surely they can see that this Sunday championship game really works against SEC teams.

YES! I know it is all about MONEY! Let's make our SEC money by Saturday!

they will change it when if bammer ever gets in the champ game. Plus the selection group really wanted Tenn to win

8 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Show me your brackets!!!

It wasn’t just Bilas either, every other analyst was pretty much straight chalk in the elite 8. I’m surprised so many picked Tennessee too. They have a tough 2nd game potentially against Cincinnati in Ohio

One good thing about the draw -- If we can make it to the Sweet 16, the AU fans, as well as the nation of UK fans, in attendance should have the Sprint Center in Kansas City rockin' for an  AU win over UNC.

The really bad part is the team will be playing in a higher altitude and NM ST is use to it better. For those that have never played ( especially basketball) in a higher altitude it is tough. But this is a group of tough guys so I still think they can do it. WDE 

2 hours ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I’d say that Tennessee beat down got the attention of the national media! Pretty crazy people expecting us to beat Kansas. Hope we can keep it going. Gotta get by NMST first 

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

Pretty crazy people expecting us to beat Kansas.

i am one of those...kansas is not what they were during the first half of the season....losing to kansas would be disappointing

Anybody watching the play in games tonight?  Th games are actually pretty good.  FDU trailed PVAM almost the entire game but pulled ahead late and held on.  

Temple and Belmont have been neck and neck The entire 1st half. 

31 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

i am one of those...kansas is not what they were during the first half of the season....losing to kansas would be disappointing

Me too, They will struggle to keep up with our scoring if get anywhere close to normal production. But it’s one thing for an auburn fan to see that. Odd for the national media to be on the AU b-ball band wagon 

2 minutes ago, ClarkGriswold said:

Your conference call got a little boring?  I'm guessing 42 minutes of blah blah blah...

Dang committee calls

Is it just me or is anyone else thinking getting past NM State may be harder than KS?  

- NM State is a BB school and should travel well, since it is close

- altitude

- they run and gun, shoot 3s; which can be lethal

- they use about 9-10 guys to score so if one or two is cold - who cares?

- haven't lost since almost Christmas, which breeds confidence ( I know they haven't beat big teams), but they have the longest win streak in America, by far

- the dreaded 5-12

- only 3 days off,  &  we have to travel to the West

I just want to win this one, I am very nervous and feel this is not lined up well for Auburn.  I know we have advantages also, but...

9 hours ago, Beaker said:

I just want to win this one, I am very nervous and feel this is not lined up well for Auburn.  I know we have advantages also, but...

I'm right there with you on this. We deserved a Friday opener somewhere in this part of the country. Short rest, jet lag and altitude change are all working against us and those are real issues.

13 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm right there with you on this. We deserved a Friday opener somewhere in this part of the country. Short rest, jet lag and altitude change are all working against us and those are real issues.

I don't think jet lag is an issue when moving one time zone but i feel you on the rest of the points. 

7 minutes ago, kd4au said:

What time is the game? Thanks

Its like 1:20Eastern, 12:20 Central, and 11:20 local time......the early start time is concerning but we've handled them well the last few early starts we have had. Always more concerning with these guys are away from home in new areas with lots to distract them. Hopefully our team leaders got everyone in bed early

Just win. I'll take the basketball equivalent of the 3-2 Tuberville Special, I don't care just survive and advance 

15 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Just win. I'll take the basketball equivalent of the 3-2 Tuberville Special, I don't care just survive and advance 

I agree, but I'd certainly like to see us come out and absolutely dominate on the glass, in the paint, and behind the arc. Really establish ourselves as a force in this tournament. 

I think it’s statement time for this team! The best programs overcome any and all negatives, and it’s the way we become a national b-ball school. Bruce can do it with this team in the tournament.

Archived