Bruce Pearl

CameronCrazy

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure they're are donors who would be very willing to pay for a contract extension....maybe not for a football only facility....

He definitely needs to be making more than 8th in the conference. Even Avery is making 3 million, he's 4th. He's out working and out coaching him. It's time to reward him. 

2 hours ago, CameronCrazy said:

Pay the man! Give Bruce a Malzahn-type contract extension tomorrow!

Forget those long term contracts that you regret later on...just give him really nice bonuses when good things happen like today... 

You dont want to jump the gun and start saying things like lifetime contracts, but the floor for the type of things he preaches and boosts, values wise, should lead to a consistently good program going forward. I dont know how many years he has left on the contract, but I'd insert bonuses now and give him the bag when it's time to renew

Lifetime contract? No way. He does deserve to be listed in the top 3 to 4 coaches salaries in the conference though. He is WINNING at Auburn, not Kentucky, LSU, Tennessee, Florida or any other school that has even a somewhat respectable basketball history.  The man was coaching his heart and guts out with a 15 point lead late in the game yesterday. His passion, intensity and the results he has gotten the last two years shows he is the right coach for Auburn. No lifetime contract is necessary. A contract worthy of the coach of a lifetime is. 

i am still laughing at the folks wanting him gone. i am pretty sure i have seen this stated on here. waves at the guilty parties/

16 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

we should make it hard for other programs to steal him away.  Good coachs should be rewarded for results. 

I think Bruce is a little too old and has a bit too much baggage for any big time program to try and steal him. Plus, I’m pretty convinced that Bruce really wants to build a legacy and become a legend at AU. Still needs to be paid accordingly but have zero fears that he’s gonna up and leave AU

8 minutes ago, Gene Loblaw said:

I think Bruce is a little too old and has a bit too much baggage for any big time program to try and steal him. Plus, I’m pretty convinced that Bruce really wants to build a legacy and become a legend at AU. Still needs to be paid accordingly but have zero fears that he’s gonna up and leave AU

success has a way of reducing baggage in the eyes of people who want to win

I love Coach Pearl! The passion that man has is unparalleled. I don't see how anyone could listen to him talk about his love for the game, his players, and Auburn university and not instantly cheer for him. He just took the worst team in mens basketball and won the SEC regular season title and then the SEC tourney title. And we are set up to keep this thing rolling as well with a top notch class coming in. You better believe HS players are taking notice of this style of play and will soon be fighting for a chance to play for Auburn. War Eagle Coach Pearl!! Thank you for believing in Auburn!!!

Bruce Pearl the coach we needed not the coach we deserved. Dude has done wonders and we should always be grateful for bringing AU basketball out of the depths and to new heights. I’d say bump his salary not crazy but give him incentives to stay and results based. Bruce is the man!! 🦅

You can make the case for a lifetime contract because he actually has a resume that shows his production at literally every. single. stop. in his career spanning thirty years. This is not some Gus or Chizik-like blip on the radar with a limited sample size. We actually have tangible data to go off of and Bruce is an absolute star.

That being said, I'll settle for a 10 year extension and a hefty buyout. As @tbone1430 said, we don't deserve a coach like Bruce so lets lock him all the way in

We should write him a blank check and tell him to fill it in while naming our arena, our court, and our first born after him.

Secondly, make every home game Bruce bobble head day

Third, give him keys to the city and to Gus’s ride. 

Lastly set up a partnership with Tim Cook. 

That should be barely sufficient.

(Too bad Cook is a Duke basketball fan 😢)

It sure would be fun to be a student again with our athletic programs being as good as they are...lots of fun...

6 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

We should write him a blank check and tell him to fill it in while naming our arena, our court, and our first born after him.

Secondly,  make every home game Bruce bobble head day

Third,  give  him keys to the city and to Gus’s ride. 

Lastly set up a partnership with Tim Cook. 

That should be barely sufficient.

(Too bad Cook is a Duke basketball fan 😢)

https://twitter.com/tim_cook/status/1107356834245959680

I’ve had fans from other teams tell me “no love in football, but if we’re gonna lose to you in basketball I don’t mind doing it to Bruce Pearl”. He’s a beloved coach, and I’m glad he’s going to be here for presumably a long time. 

UTk fans would take him back in a heartbeat despite the success of Rick Barnes. 

18 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

UTk fans would take him back in a heartbeat despite the success of Rick Barnes. 

Yes they would. They hated their own athletic department and gave no chance to the coach that succeeded Bruce. 

29 minutes ago, AUTigersfan89 said:

His profile says Auburn football, Duke basketball. Maybe we can get him to include Auburn basketball too. I don’t really care. I just want some of his 💰 backed into Pearl’s driveway. Ha!

anyone catch all the love Bruce gave to Kevin Steele?   It was in the locker room after the game and he explained how and why Auburn plays defense the way they do.   He said he copied the disruptive concept from K Steele and Auburn's defensive football philosophy!   

Love me some Bruce Pearl and how humble he is.  Additionally how he trusts his players to do the right the things on the court.   Of course that almost backfired at the end of the FLA game.   

I imagine Bruce will do very well with recruiting the next two seasons.

As for a raise - he should make equal to whatever UT pays, but as stated, an outrageous bonus structure with some easy steps.  

Can you believe we won yesterday?  I still can't.  

Small tidbit:  I was sitting in Mag Hall the last time we won with Chuck.   My son rolled Toomers last night with Bruce.   Nice connection.

1 hour ago, Beaker said:

anyone catch all the love Bruce gave to Kevin Steele?   It was in the locker room after the game and he explained how and why Auburn plays defense the way they do.   He said he copied the disruptive concept from K Steele and Auburn's defensive football philosophy!   

Love me some Bruce Pearl and how humble he is.  Additionally how he trusts his players to do the right the things on the court.   Of course that almost backfired at the end of the FLA game.   

I imagine Bruce will do very well with recruiting the next two seasons.

As for a raise - he should make equal to whatever UT pays, but as stated, an outrageous bonus structure with some easy steps.  

Can you believe we won yesterday?  I still can't.  

Small tidbit:  I was sitting in Mag Hall the last time we won with Chuck.   My son rolled Toomers last night with Bruce.   Nice connection.

What year were you in 85?

13 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i am still laughing at the folks wanting him gone. i am pretty sure i have seen this stated on here. waves at the guilty parties/

I'm still laughing at the folks that wanted to keep Barbee and saying no coach could win here as we were hiring Pearl. Guess coach Pearl has showed them you can WIN AT AUBURN.

Archived