Null



Sign in to follow this  
Metalsinger418

2019 Spring Practice Begins

Recommended Posts





2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

THEY HAVE SCHOLARSHIPS

 

On the bright side, they'll all get LOTS of reps

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I'm so over it. First season to where I just can't muster excitement. Wonder what the motto will be this year...

Just wait until the 100-day mark where I create my annual hype video thread...

  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

On the bright side, they'll all get LOTS of reps

On the down side, 6 graduate this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

I'm so over it. First season to where I just can't muster excitement. Wonder what the motto will be this year...

It would be nice if Gus would mimick Bruce Pearl's off season conversation with Steele and take some advice from Bruce. Bruce could enlighten him on developing his bench depth and trusting his players to get the job done. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, bigbird said:

On the down side, 6 graduate this year.

But not the long snapper. We good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Tiger said:

Not a big fan of the guys missing spring practice for track personally but I get it

If Schwartz were my son I would do everything in my power to keep him far, far away from a football field. The guy is a future Olympian and millionaire through running track. Now, I'm glad he's playing football for AU but football is a risky thing for him to do. Blow a knee and... :thumbsdown:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, bigbird said:

@ 6:20

How many do you count?

There would be 14 scholarship and a bunch of walkons, were the picture expanded. Then three more signees arriving later in the year. Have you already forgotten the list I provided for you?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If Schwartz were my son I would do everything in my power to keep him far, far away from a football field. The guy is a future Olympian and millionaire through running track. Now, I'm glad he's playing football for AU but football is a risky thing for him to do. Blow a knee and... :thumbsdown:

not sure of many track stars that make millions post college. he has nfl written all over him

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, shabby said:

not sure of many track stars that make millions post college. he has nfl written all over him

You know, I was ready to contradict you, but it appears you're right. 

Still, I support our guys participating in other sports. Or at least these two guys, this season. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

AUBURN, ALABAMA -- The last time he was on the Auburn football roster, Cadillac Williams helped lead the Tigers to an undefeated campaign while earning All-America honors at running back. That was back during the 2004 season, which technically didn't end until Jan. 3, 2005 -- the date of the Sugar Bowl. This January -- 14 years after playing his final game for the Tigers -- Williams returned to the program as the team's running backs coach. The hiring seemed to galvanize an Auburn fan base that holds him in high regard not only because of his stellar play as a Tiger but because of his endearing personality. On Monday, Williams was back on the practice fields at Auburn as the Tigers opened the spring session. For Williams, this was practice No. 1 as a Tigers coach and probably is a day he won't soon forget. During an open media session, Auburn Undercover tracked Williams' every move for about a half an hour. During that time, he worked a lot on special teams, but toward the end of our allotted viewing time he was alone with his running backs. Here's a quick video clip of Williams during his first Tigers practice as an assistant.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

does the guy in the orange tee shirt throwing to the WRs in that opening video have any eligibility left?   looks pretty crisp with those short passes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know how Gus spent a lot of his time during the spring personally working with John Franklin III to try to bring him up to speed and take the QB job? I wonder if we will see Gus tip his hand in such a manner this year in regards to who he wants to win the QB job

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Tiger said:

You know how Gus spent a lot of his time during the spring personally working with John Franklin III to try to bring him up to speed and take the QB job? I wonder if we will see Gus tip his hand in such a manner this year in regards to who he wants to win the QB job

JMO, that was less about him wanting Franklin to win the job than him not wanting to play White. Sean's behavioral issues had already surfaced at that point, IIRC. (And JJ was no longer a viable option.) I could be wrong about all of that, though. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

JMO, that was less about him wanting Franklin to win the job than him not wanting to play White. Sean's behavioral issues had already surfaced at that point, IIRC. (And JJ was no longer a viable option.) I could be wrong about all of that, though. 

I don't think you're wrong. I would also add that part of it was Gus wanting to find some 2013 magic somehow too. JMO

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mikey said:

There would be 14 scholarship and a bunch of walkons, were the picture expanded.

Link?

 

Well, if we're only repping 10 and 60% of them are gone next year, you might be right about the depth. I mean why else would you not feel the need to rep all those other linemen standing behind the camera. I say behind, because when they pan out and sweep to see Kendall Simmons, those others you mention are no where to be found. Weird.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it just me or did Joey Gatewood drop about 10 pounds and give them to Rodney Gardner?

Joking of course; love these guys!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, gr82be said:

It would be nice if Gus would mimick Bruce Pearl's off season conversation with Steele and take some advice from Bruce. Bruce could enlighten him on developing his bench depth and trusting his players to get the job done. 

He's too stubborn for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

When is the first scrimmage?  I’m assuming it’s not Aday.

I'd assume Saturday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

When is the first scrimmage?  I’m assuming it’s not Aday.

Second and third Saturday of spring, with aday too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this