The Hype Begins

toddc

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i love what wde brings to the board. i cannot think of anyone that gets everything right a hundred percent of the time. i like the opinions enough that i have no problem understanding that circumstances change. maybe there in confusion that people think wde wants joey to fail? wde was not the only one that said similar things about gatewood. and the fact he changed his mind from what he hears with his people tells me he is just calling how he see's and or hears it. why not give the man  props for admitting what certain people in his circle passed on might have changed? i am not kissing butt because i seldom have conversation   with wde but i enjoy what he brings to the board. lets try to remember other people enjoy this board as well and not ruin something others enjoy ok? this is for anyone looking for a fight of some kind. take it to pm. good grief.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

I would argue a high majority of the board enjoys @WarDamnEagleWDE Posts . Even in disagreement , he is a forum favorite . Good post.

I think that the people who have an ongoing issue with WDE tend to stay mired in negative conversations with other people on the forum, too. 

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Claude Allen Greene IV is not Jay Jacobs. Until he proves otherwise, I refuse to believe he will allow his program to be set back by a coach he did not hire. We are paying top 5 money for a coach that no one in their right mind would call a top 5 coach. 

So you can accept things as JABA, but Auburn Athletics is under different leadership. Like I said, ADAG is NOT JJ.

I hope you are right but Gus should have been bought out since Green has been here and it didn't happen. I know there are other factors but he should have a very short leash. Shouldn't even have one at all really. The program's been set back enough. The uppers have already accepted JABA by him still being here. Winning whatever bowl game that was called ain't it. Yeah I'm happy we won and it should be a momentum shift but it won't matter that much because it will be the same ole same ole Gus'd up season. Everybody knows that the cycle will continue. Yeah we have the occasional good moments and probably will again this season but we know what happens. He's getting paid to set us back again for however many games they allow him to coach this season. We don't have time to deal with his bullcrap while UGA and Bammer are contending for the playoff every dang year and LSU and Tenn are coming along as well. No one in their right mind has playoffs for this team this year and the majority thinks 8 wins is the mark and it's the uppers' fault for this. Firing him during the season will suck.

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bunch of us are getting together to watch the game today. I will find out. I don't know of anyone who has been. 

Edit: Read it the first time as going to the game. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I think that the people who have an ongoing issue with WDE tend to stay mired in negative conversations with other people on the forum, too. 

Like clockwork. You poor guy. 

I know we have some coaches who post on this site, and I would like to hear from you what you think about the QB race and who has the best chance to win the job.  I will admit that I am pulling for Joey, but will try to have an open mind on this position.

WDE!

7 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Happens when the stakes are so high here. Glad Jeffy is here to call my BS out on short notice. 

Sounds like you're residing 24/7 in his mind

7 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Don't feel bad bird goes back 10 years on things I said...........................

Yes, but I use my memory.

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have no problem understanding that circumstances change. 

Which is why people should allow themselves some wiggle room.  Hence not saying never. lol What does never even mean?

And it’s not even just WDE. I high brow every time I hear something little stronger than it probably should be. 

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

Actually my memory is better then yours

That's because yours resets every morning.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Which is why people should allow themselves some wiggle room.  Hence not saying never. lol What does never even mean?

And it’s not even just WDE. I high brow every time I hear something little stronger than it probably should be. 

giphy.gif 

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

giphy.gif 

I don’t know what the gif is supposed to mean to me. What movie?

19 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Yeah, that's not entirely right. Do love that being said by the family. 

So...Say Gus gets fired this season..what are the chances Bo stays?

Not unusual or out of line to see hype - and plenty of it - for a key position player that was rated 4 or 5 stars in every source. True frosh starting against tough schedule as bad idea has been debunked across the country in recent years.

On 3/20/2019 at 9:31 AM, aujeff11 said:

One thing we need to let go is Cam. He may not develop into a QB like Cam. He may have a similar build, but may develop closer to a Dak or a Fitzgerald, or even as far as a Mahomes.

Very true!  Comparing him to Cam (or really anyone) is unfair.  Just let him be the best Joey Ballgame he can be!  On the other hand, it’s what we as fans and the media do, so the comparisons won’t stop.  

With that said, if we got Dak level production from Joey, I’d take it in a heartbeat!  I would also be tickled with a more consistent Fitzy-level production.   Anything beyond that would be gravy!

3 hours ago, twilli13 said:

I'd say slim to none. Anything regarding Bo came here for Gus is lip service. He came here despite Gus having a terrible track record with developing passing qbs or a passing offense. He and his family are all Auburn. As long as we dont hire some assclown, we are ok. 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c94dbca4861723859

1 hour ago, twilli13 said:

What doesnt make sense? People are worried that if Gus goes, Nix is gone. My thoughts are if Gus is gone and we dont hire some horrible coach, I think Nix will stay. 

I understand that but the poster you questioned asked what are the chances Bo stays and you said slim to none.

On 3/21/2019 at 7:57 AM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Vanilla bean. 

Definitely sounds like Gus is going to bring some excitement this A-Day.   TAKE THAT HATERS!

On 3/22/2019 at 6:41 AM, AUpreacherman22 said:

Very true!  Comparing him to Cam (or really anyone) is unfair.  Just let him be the best Joey Ballgame he can be!  On the other hand, it’s what we as fans and the media do, so the comparisons won’t stop.  

With that said, if we got Dak level production from Joey, I’d take it in a heartbeat!  I would also be tickled with a more consistent Fitzy-level production.   Anything beyond that would be gravy!

“You can really tell like he’s stepping into the role of becoming a potential, big-time player,” receiver Seth Williams said Tuesday. “You can see that in all of them, but from Joey last year to Joey this year, you can see his confidence has improved a lot. … He’s accurate. He’s got a big-time arm, too.””

But he couldn’t even start in HS pawwwwl!!!

On 3/21/2019 at 5:45 PM, bigbird said:

Sounds like you're residing 24/7 in his mind

Hey Bird....I know you are a coach and have a very solid understanding of the game. What is your take on Gatewood?  It sounds like he is coming into his own and will be a very good QB for us. Just want to hear your take. I appreciate & respect your take on this.  Thanks & WDE!!

On 3/28/2019 at 12:16 PM, aujeff11 said:

“You can really tell like he’s stepping into the role of becoming a potential, big-time player,” receiver Seth Williams said Tuesday. “You can see that in all of them, but from Joey last year to Joey this year, you can see his confidence has improved a lot. … He’s accurate. He’s got a big-time arm, too.””

But he couldn’t even start in HS pawwwwl!!!

did Cam start in HS? I will admit that I am biased on Joey, but feel like he is the real deal and will do us proud as our QB.  I would like to know what Joey's 40 time is. I would guess around 4.6 or thereabout. Team Gatewood all the way! To answer my own question...Cam was a 5 star HS QB. Gatewood's numbers as a HS QB were nothing to sneeze at.

20 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

did Cam start in HS? I will admit that I am biased on Joey, but feel like he is the real deal and will do us proud as our QB.  I would like to know what Joey's 40 time is. I would guess around 4.6 or thereabout. Team Gatewood all the way! To answer my own question...Cam was a 5 star HS QB. Gatewood's numbers as a HS QB were nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah Gatewood willingly rotated out at quarterback so his backup could get a college offer as well. 

43 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

Hey Bird....I know you are a coach and have a very solid understanding of the game. What is your take on Gatewood?  It sounds like he is coming into his own and will be a very good QB for us. Just want to hear your take. I appreciate & respect your take on this.  Thanks & WDE!!

There is very little I can say.  He has all the attributes one wants in a QB with regards to size, strength, and athleticism, but so did Jeremy.  I haven't seen him read a D or navigate a congested pocket. As of now, all I can say with certainty is I've been told his running is a strength, his passing is improving(inconsistent), and the issues from last year are no where to be seen. Also, the leadership he showed as a recruit has been on display again.

Archived