Malik Willis

AUght2win

On 3/26/2019 at 6:55 PM, AUght2win said:

Even guys like Chizik and Gus, who have really crapped the bed at times, I love as people. I'm rooting for anybody in orange and blue. But critiquing how they do on a ball field is not personal. Criticism is not an attack. 

Why do you think you're entitled to start a thread strictly meant to criticize a young man? With his name on it....but it's not personal. Are you coaching any Auburn players? Are you a coach at all? In what way would you ever see this as "constructive" when you are not involved? He has coaches, and that job belongs to them. 

It's just an excuse to say "it's not personal" because being an athlete IS a large part of who these young men are. They have dedicated their time, their energy,and their bodies to being an athlete at an elite level, and they have done it for years by the time they get to an SEC school.. To say it's not personal is complete BS.  This kid came to Auburn with high hopes, and he is surely hurt and discouraged by the outcome. He is a decent young man who worked very hard to improve. I feel bad that his Auburn dream did not materialize. To have a thread full of criticism about him is useless, and certainly not constructive to him in any way. 

• Like 2

On 7/9/2019 at 2:01 PM, alexava said:

I don’t know what grounds he would get immediately eligible but I would like him to get it. 

He has no grounds for immediate eligibility, but apparently all he has to do is threaten to hire a lawyer and the NCAA will grant immediate eligibility to him. As an individual case I hope he gets it and can play this coming season. As a factor in the life of college athletics, I don't care for the wimping out of the NCAA on this matter. it's creating free agency.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

it's creating free agency.

Several of you keep saying that without providing any substantial reason why there's actually anything wrong with it.

If the NCAA is refocusing the emphasis from "why?" to "why not?", then I applaud it. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever that a player who was never going to see the field in a meaningful role at Auburn should be held out for one single snap at Liberty. He is leaving with our staff's blessing and even encouragement. Nobody is losing here except grumpy old guys who want things to be harder for younger generations just out of spite. Progress will be made here and it will be better for everybody and the Clint Eastwood set will find something else to shake their canes at. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

Several of you keep saying that without providing any substantial reason why there's actually anything wrong with it.

What's wrong with it has already been discussed in multiple threads in which you have participated. I shouldn't have to repeat the reasons why free agency is a bad idea for someone who possesses such a remarkable, young brain as yours.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

What's wrong with it has already been discussed in multiple threads in which you have participated. I shouldn't have to repeat the reasons why free agency is a bad idea for someone who possesses such a remarkable, young brain as yours.

Yeah, a few of y'all have said a bunch of words. If any of them had been a valid reason, I would have remembered it. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of impotent whining. 

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

If the NCAA is refocusing the emphasis from "why?" to "why not?", then I applaud it. There is no legitimate reason whatsoever that a player who was never going to see the field in a meaningful role at Auburn should be held out for one single snap at Liberty. He is leaving with our staff's blessing and even encouragement. Nobody is losing here except grumpy old guys who want things to be harder for younger generations just out of spite. Progress will be made here and it will be better for everybody and the Clint Eastwood set will find something else to shake their canes at. 

Dang, I'm part of the Clint Eastwood set. Each case is separate and distinct but in Malik's case this is a great opportunity for him. I can separate what I personally wish wouldn't happen and what is best for the individual. In this case how can anyone fault the system or Malik? He gets to have a real chance to start, probably after sitting a season, and there's one less unhappy player in the locker room. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Dang, I'm part of the Clint Eastwood set. Each case is separate and distinct but in Malik's case this is a great opportunity for him. I can separate what I personally wish wouldn't happen and what is best for the individual. In this case how can anyone fault the system or Malik? He gets to have a real chance to start, probably after sitting a season, and there's one less unhappy player in the locker room. 

Yessir, and I'll be there one day, too. Won't be long. I'll get irrationally angry about things. I'll want "kids these days" to have it hard just because I remember them being harder for me than they really were. But I'm not there yet! Unless a recruit formally announces that he's going to formally announce his list of like 20 teams. Dude, you don't even have 20 offers. 

Anyway. Exactly. The system is allowing 1) a player to possibly further his career instead of senselessly wasting away in a program in which he has no future, 2) Liberty to get a talented player with some experience, and 2) Gus to free up a scholly for better use. There's literally nothing but win here. (Again, except for somebody who just wants to whine for no reason. Which thankfully doesn't include all of Clint Eastwood's buddies!)

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Tigerbelle said:

Why do you think you're entitled to start a thread strictly meant to criticize a young man? With his name on it....but it's not personal. Are you coaching any Auburn players? Are you a coach at all? In what way would you ever see this as "constructive" when you are not involved? He has coaches, and that job belongs to them. 

It's just an excuse to say "it's not personal" because being an athlete IS a large part of who these young men are. They have dedicated their time, their energy,and their bodies to being an athlete at an elite level, and they have done it for years by the time they get to an SEC school.. To say it's not personal is complete BS.  This kid came to Auburn with high hopes, and he is surely hurt and discouraged by the outcome. He is a decent young man who worked very hard to improve. I feel bad that his Auburn dream did not materialize. To have a thread full of criticism about him is useless, and certainly not constructive to him in any way. 

It isn't personal. If someone fails at a job or a specific task does that mean they are a bad person? Of course not. Criticizing the mechanics of throwing a football has 0 to do with what really matters in life - character. People that conflate athletic ability with character are childish. Grow up. I have said nothing negative about who Malik is as a person. 

12 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

It isn't personal. If someone fails at a job or a specific task does that mean they are a bad person? Of course not. Criticizing the mechanics of throwing a football has 0 to do with what really matters in life - character. People that conflate athletic ability with character are childish. Grow up. I have said nothing negative about who Malik is as a person. 

With you on this. This is a football forum. Respectfully stated criticism of the players seems completely normal and appropriate. 

As of March 18th- when this thread was started- this kid was still in contention to be our starting QB for this season. It's worth noting he side-arms his throws. It wasn't even a harsh criticism.

Some folks just look for fights to get into. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

With you on this. This is a football forum. Respectfully stated criticism of the players seems completely normal and appropriate. 

As of March 18th- when this thread was started- this kid was still in contention to be our starting QB for this season. It's worth noting he side-arms his throws. It wasn't even a harsh criticism.

Some folks just look for fights to get into. 

People confuse athletic ability and a person's true value/self. Nick Saban is a douche. A douche where it matters. But people tell their kids he is a role model because he wins vicariously at a sport played by teenagers. Our world is as upside down as ever. 

• Like 2

On the 3 Auburn forums i visit and on all the YouTube creators i watch who have made videos about this... 

I have YET to see a valid reason why Willis should get immediate eligibility. 

Still waiting to see someone give a valid reason his waiver would even be considered much less granted. Willis does not have a legitimate reason for the waiver to even be looked at...as far as what ive seen on MULTIPLE websites. 

And im sorry but "Why shouldn't he get it" isnt a valid reason. Why shouldnt he? Because when did get getting beat out by more talented underclassmen become a valid reason to warrant immediate eligibility? 

Last i checked it was not a valid reason to warrant getting to play immediately. The NCAA has already set new guidelines for transfers getting immediate eligibility going forward. They are clamping down on that, and i dont blame them. Letting kids transfer and play immediately never has been a thing. Im unsure now why everyone expects a waiver to be granted. 

Im still waiting to see a SINGLE legitimate reason why he should warrant immediate eligibility. And im sorry but "why not" is not a legitimate reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

On the 3 Auburn forums i visit and on all the YouTube creators i watch who have made videos about this... 

I have YET to see a valid reason why Willis should get immediate eligibility. 

Still waiting to see someone give a valid reason his waiver would even be considered much less granted. Willis does not have a legitimate reason for the waiver to even be looked at...as far as what ive seen on MULTIPLE websites. 

And im sorry but "Why shouldn't he get it" isnt a valid reason. Why shouldnt he? Because when did get getting beat out by more talented underclassmen become a valid reason to warrant immediate eligibility? 

Last i checked it was not a valid reason to warrant getting to play immediately. The NCAA has already set new guidelines for transfers getting immediate eligibility going forward. They are clamping down on that, and i dont blame them. Letting kids transfer and play immediately never has been a thing. Im unsure now why everyone expects a waiver to be granted. 

Im still waiting to see a SINGLE legitimate reason why he should warrant immediate eligibility. And im sorry but "why not" is not a legitimate reason.

Because the NCAA has already given it to guys who in no-way deserve it. Why is Tate Martell at the U getting to play immediately? If you give it to one you better give it to all.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2019 at 9:41 AM, McLoofus said:

Yeah, a few of y'all have said a bunch of words. If any of them had been a valid reason, I would have remembered it. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of impotent whining. 

giphy.gif

giphy (1).gif

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, AUght2win said:

Because the NCAA has already given it to guys who in no-way deserve it. Why is Tate Martell at the U getting to play immediately? If you give it to one you better give it to all.

Tate Martell got immediate eligibility because the NCAA KNEW that Justin Fields shouldnt of been warranted immediate eligibility. But in todays climate whenever even a BS racism claim like Fields presented is even remotely involved they had to grant Fields his eligibility. So since they caved and let fields have it because of his threat of a getting a lawyer, they HAD to let Martell play immediately as well...because if they didn't let Martell play and his family got a lawyer, the Martells lawyer would have wiped the floor with the NCAA because of the Fields waiver. If his family was SO WORRIED about Justins health and well being Jaiden wouldnt be enrolled at UGA for the VERY SAME REASON. 

Its EASY to tell Justin Fields should of NEVER been given immediate eligibility. 

So since they let Fields come in and play immediately they had to let Martell play immediately as well. 

ALSO

Since all this BS immediate eligibility has gone on... After the rash of transfers being granted waivers, the NCAA has clamped down on this. They have made it where its MUCH more difficult to get immediate eligibility going forward. 

Im sorry but "well so and so got to do it, so he should" is just as stupid of a reason as "well why not." 

Again, i hope Willis gets to play immediately. But thats just a bias from being an Auburn player. From the outside looking in there is ABSOLUTELY NO reason Willis SHOULD get to play immediately.

I dont know why Fields's claim has to be BS, whether he was exaggerating or not, the only entities that would be able to invalidate his claim is someone involved in the day to day of Georgia athletics, and the NCAA after talking to said individuals and assessing the culture. If such an incident affected normal UGA students (which Im sure it affected at least one), I dont see why it couldnt affect a UGA student...athlete.

People's personal standards for who should or shouldn't are blinding them from realizing the NCAA has been inconsistent on everything other than whether athletes should be paid. Every other topic they've gone back and forth on. Arbitrary is the name of the game with them. Saying Malik deserves it because he does is a legitimate reason by the pre-existing conditions of the game. Conversely, you have to be okay, even if he had a perfect reason, for him to be denied. 

The only times where I can understand someone being pissed over this is Luke Ford and the lineman that had fiscal problems or whatever. Those were ridiculous. But if you did make it a college, moneyless, version of FA, you wouldnt have any instances like that. I dont know who's actually hurt by that premise. Guys who arent getting time at a power school should be allowed to go. Guys who become too good at a small school are going to leave soon as possible anyway. 

On 7/14/2019 at 12:36 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I dont know why Fields's claim has to be BS

This is why. 

If they were so worried about Justins well being, Jaiden would not still be in Athens FOR THE VERY SAME REASON. 

Capture+_2019-07-16-22-37-29.png

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

This is why. 

If they were so worried about Justins well being, Jaiden would not still be in Athens FOR THE VERY SAME REASON. 

Capture+_2019-07-16-22-37-29.png

If she doesn’t feel affected that’s her. Theres plenty of black athletes at UGA, you can’t invalidate one’s claim bc another felt different. All this tells me is that Fields made the claim himself, not his family 

• Like 1

Wait hold up...I didn’t know the incident in question was a guy who said the word directly to Justin. I thought he just said it amongst other players and it leaked. Why the hell do we have  a problem with a guy having a hardship over being called that word by a fellow athlete? Especially when that dumb ass said it amongst other students. That’s not something that’s just gonna go away 

Instead of bringing up his sister, you can look up on the same app the commotion that incident made on campus amongst UGA students. This wasn’t some one off thing 3 people decided to talk about and Fields pulled it out his ass

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

NCAA is a joke anyway

Truth

My new favorite is this high school kid who the NCAA has pulled eligibility from because he makes golf "trick shot" videos on YouTube that he makes money from. I'm talking about putt-putt type stuff, hitting golf balls off of rocks and into solo cups - not actual golf. Now he can't play college golf. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Truth

My new favorite is this high school kid who the NCAA has pulled eligibility from because he makes golf "trick shot" videos on YouTube that he makes money from. I'm talking about putt-putt type stuff, hitting golf balls off of rocks and into solo cups - not actual golf. Now he can't play college golf. 

These are not people who have the student athletes' best interests in mind. 

I know This thread is very old but I saw where Justin Fields told the media that incident that so many people assumed he used to get the waiver was not what he used to get the waiver at all. He even cited his sister as further proof that wasn’t a factor. He also made it pretty clear he would not be commenting on the waiver any more. 

I don’t know how he got it. I do agree with a previous post that is why Martell got his is because JF’s waiver unseated him with no legitimate cause. Neither had any legitimate reason I’ve heard. 

• Like 1