Malik Willis

AUght2win

On 8/8/2019 at 6:24 PM, Barnacle said:

Truth

My new favorite is this high school kid who the NCAA has pulled eligibility from because he makes golf "trick shot" videos on YouTube that he makes money from. I'm talking about putt-putt type stuff, hitting golf balls off of rocks and into solo cups - not actual golf. Now he can't play college golf. 

It's similar to the kicker at UCF (last year? Year before last?) who was making a decent chunk of change for his YouTube channel and given the ultimatum of turning off monetization or quit football. 

Supposedly he did quit and isn't regretting the decision.

• 2 weeks later...

Probably won't hurt him...LU's 3 year QB is back this year and holds all their records so MW not likely to play much this year anyway.  Chance to learn their system and maybe start next year. 

At this rate however he will be close to 30 years old when he is done with college...:)...

• 1 year later...

Gus really has to get applauded for having a guy with a sub 4.4 40 that has “the strongest arm in the [2022] draft, and failed to give such a mold breaker any attempt to start (or contribute) in the largely fruitless QB performances that littered 2018-19. You’re basically reduced to running a severely simpler version of the offense Freeze designed with a severely ... version of what MW’s skill set calls for and wasted a Playoff contender. 

Edited by Dual-Threat Rigby
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2021 at 6:33 AM, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Gus really has to get applauded for having a guy with a sub 4.4 40 that has “the strongest arm in the [2022] draft, and failed to give such a mold breaker any attempt to start (or contribute) in the largely fruitless QB performances that littered 2018-19. You’re basically reduced to running a severely simpler version of the offense Freeze designed with a severely ... version of what MW’s skill set calls for and wasted a Playoff contender. 

Lol, this is a bit too much crow for one sitting Rigby.

Anyways, they'll just say it was Freeze. Because all Hugh Freeze QBs are top draft prospects. But yep, we run a diet form of what Willis can do with less decision-making benefit and reduced potency in the run game whilst gaining no sort of passing benefit because of accuracy.

JABA.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Malcolm_FleX48 said:

Lol, this is a bit too much crow for one sitting Rigby.

Anyways, they'll just say it was Freeze. Because all Hugh Freeze QBs are top draft prospects. But yep, we run a diet form of what Willis can do with less decision-making benefit and reduced potency in the run game whilst gaining no sort of passing benefit because of accuracy.

JABA.

I’ll give Hugh credit that Malik looks like a really capable QB in the intermediate range and that damn sure wouldn’t have got developed here, but everything else man...he showed flashes of being able to do that here. I don’t think Gus allows him to be the overall star he seems to be, but this program really goes places even with a limited version of MW

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I’ll give Hugh credit that Malik looks like a really capable QB in the intermediate range and that damn sure wouldn’t have got developed here, but everything else man...he showed flashes of being able to do that here. I don’t think Gus allows him to be the overall star he seems to be, but this program really goes places even with a limited version of MW

Might end up being the decision that cost Malzahn his job at Auburn. Similar to how Sean White saved his career, not going with Malik might have cost it. We might have had a legit SEC Championship with Malik at QB. We probably beat LSU and FL. Just terrible.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, FlockOfOscars said:

Might end up being the decision that cost Malzahn his job at Auburn. Similar to how Sean White saved his career, not going with Malik might have cost it. We might have had a legit SEC Championship with Malik at QB. We probably beat LSU and FL. Just terrible.

Yeah I really dont have a problem per se with him trottin Bo out as starter...he broke the trend of us complaining that he wants the "safe" and "experienced" option. But to not give the guy a chance with how close it looked like in the spring game, how much experience that guy had, and how much Bo needed a mental rest in the second quarter of that season...that just wasn't very smart

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah I really dont have a problem per se with him trottin Bo out as starter...he broke the trend of us complaining that he wants the "safe" and "experienced" option. But to not give the guy a chance with how close it looked like in the spring game, how much experience that guy had, and how much Bo needed a mental rest in the second quarter of that season...that just wasn't very smart

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but Malik transferred well before Nix was even named the starter. It was still a completion at that point although most had him third behind Nix and Gatewood.

46 minutes ago, ertrader said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are saying, but Malik transferred well before Nix was even named the starter. It was still a completion at that point although most had him third behind Nix and Gatewood.

Eh, players in the locker room feel the heat before the absolute best insiders. Malik knew he was a distant third coming into the spring game, and if he didn’t feel like he made up any ground after was a very solid spring game, I’m sure he put 1 and 1 together. This isn’t to say Gus should’ve did him any favors, but I would’ve had him first man out once those Florida and LSU games started shaping up to be how they were.