Depth Chart Today

toddc

1 hour ago, aucanucktiger said:

Excited to see how they are using Joey that's kicking him to top of the heap. Not many Cam sized QBs are legit dual threats (except short yardage) and he must have made huge passing game strides if he's now seen as our best pocket/short yardage run threat.

the key for Gatewood, is can he consistently make the easy throws, and can he handle pressure when he is back to pass?Does he panic and run (ala Stidham), or does he have that presence to move around in the pocket and still make plays down field w/o turning it over?

On 3/20/2019 at 9:16 AM, AuCivilEng1 said:

Seth Williams is the best WR we have, hands down. And I understand Kam is a senior and all but really? I think Boobee has earned that number one spot on the depth chart. I know we switch WRs and RBs around a lot early in the season so it doesn’t matter, but those two guys deserve their starting roles.

I’ll actually be very surprised if Malik can beat out Gatewood and Bo. If he does, we basically know that Gus is going back to the old Nick Marshall variation of his offense. The QB tells the story this season. Nix/Stidham, Gatewood/Cam, Malik/NM.

I still think Kam is underrated. THe problem with Kam last year was his strengths. He has great explosion, great straight line speed, and seems to have pretty good hands. Unfortunately that makes him a player that’s useless with poor OL play. He can’t “will” yards very well, and he isn’t patient. If our OL looks better this year, we could end up with a good Thunder/lightning duo.

53 minutes ago, steeleagle said:

the key for Gatewood, is can he consistently make the easy throws, and can he handle pressure when he is back to pass?Does he panic and run (ala Stidham), or does he have that presence to move around in the pocket and still make plays down field w/o turning it over?

Haven't seen that from Willis either.

On 3/30/2019 at 12:30 PM, steeleagle said:

I really hope they stick that in his head

Archived