NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is really going to chap my ass losing to these dudes 3 times in a season. 

I was hoping to face Houston due to UK size over us, especially with Chuma out.  Maybe Washington injury swells up and makes him too sore to play well. 

2 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

It is really going to chap my ass losing to these dudes 3 times in a season. 

We got this. Just tell Herro the game is on Monday.

We are a different team than we were when we lost to Kentucky.   If we play our game, the way we have played the last two games, there's no way Kentucky plays with us.  WDE!!

11 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

I was hoping to face Houston due to UK size over us, especially with Chuma out.  Maybe Washington injury swells up and makes him too sore to play well. 

Screw that. Let's beat them regardless. This team is beaming with confidence.

Anything can happen, because we keep witnessing it. Prayers for Chuma!! :jossun:#DavidandGoliath                War Eagle!

Houston came up just short and we shoot the 3 better than them. And they rank pretty decent in 3 point shooting percentage. Bryce & Jarred will definitely have to have a better game. 

I think the biggest factor is if we can rebound with Kentucky. If that rebounding margin stays close like the UNC game then we certainly have a great shot to win. Kentucky will kill you with those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities. 

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Screw that. Let's beat them regardless. This team is beaming with confidence.

**Was beaming with confidence 

3 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Houston came up just short and we shoot the 3 better than them. And they rank pretty decent in 3 point shooting percentage. Bryce & Jarred will definitely have to have a better game. 

I think the biggest factor is if we can rebound with Kentucky. If that rebounding margin stays close like the UNC game then we certainly have a great shot to win. Kentucky will kill you with those 2nd and 3rd chance opportunities. 

Spencer needs to actually make those bunnies as well. He misses too many easy lay ups and fouls constantly. He can be a valuable asset.

21 hours ago, Bottomfeeder said:

vole ≠ vols " Tennessee adopted the name Volunteers, or more commonly Vols, because of a now-official nickname that Tennessee received during the War of 1812, the Volunteer State. "

I like Voles better. Suits their puke-yellow color perfectly.

1 hour ago, DAG said:

Spencer needs to actually make those bunnies as well. He misses too many easy lay ups and fouls constantly. He can be a valuable asset.

It really sucks, I love Spencer and he's my favorite player on the team but he's just never going to dominate anyone even when he has position and an easy shot. After Okeke went down last night the next possession he hit the little turn around and then the possession after he was yelling at Brown to pass him the ball, got to the FT line (missed both shots), then got the big block on the other end, got great position on the offensive side and then missed the easy lay in/dunk. I was so disappointed that he missed the FTs and then missed that easy shot because I could see in his body language that he WANTED to take over the game for Chuma but he just doesn't have the offensive skills to do so.

4 hours ago, WarEagle1983 said:

Just lost our best rebounder. Folks need to step up.

16 minutes ago, around4ever said:

**IS beaming with confidence. 

We will see. Don’t think for a hot second that losing our best defender, our best option against zone D, and the best player on our team won’t have an impact on our overall psyche and team strength. 

4 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

It really sucks, I love Spencer and he's my favorite player on the team but he's just never going to dominate anyone even when he has position and an easy shot. After Okeke went down last night the next possession he hit the little turn around and then the possession after he was yelling at Brown to pass him the ball, got to the FT line (missed both shots), then got the big block on the other end, got great position on the offensive side and then missed the easy lay in/dunk. I was so disappointed that he missed the FTs and then missed that easy shot because I could see in his body language that he WANTED to take over the game for Chuma but he just doesn't have the offensive skills to do so.

There’s just a cap for everyone at something, it does suck because Spencer is comparably athletic to Chuma, just miles away in terms of touch 

Texas Tech with a good half of basketball.  They have stayed with Gonzaga, even leading a few times.   Gonzaga leads at the half 37-35.  

5 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Texas Tech with a good half of basketball.  They have stayed with Gonzaga, even leading a few times.   Gonzaga leads at the half 37-35.  

Tech was probably the best overall defensive squad coming in and they've proved it repeatedly today. Zags have done better than most against em but meh for their own standards I believe. God forbid we have to see that front court 

TT is amazing defensively, but I cant imagine anything worse than having to be flawless going to the rim or risk having Clarke and Hacimura stuff your ish every possession. We cant even make open lays sometimes. Get em outta here Texas.

Holy crap!!! What a block and then the save out of bounds!

Edit: Even if he was out of bounds. Didn't get called so still a great play. lol

Archived