NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

Just now, Maverick.AU said:

The thing is, if our shots aren’t hitting, a team that runs like us can run us out of the gym fast

Yah if the team is more talented than us like a Kentucky. Wait who do we play tomorrow? DANG IT. lol.  

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Yah if the team is more talented than us like a Kentucky. Wait who do we play tomorrow? DANG IT. lol.  

In March all it takes is one game of guys shooting well. Kline making shots like he just made lol

8 minutes ago, AURex said:

I thought I knew what "goober" means, but apparently I don't. Please explain how you are using this term.

Why do I need to explain? 

Well, because your referring to Few and Gonzaga as "goobers" does not coincide with any meaning of the term I'm aware of. So tell us, explain, why you think Few and Gonzaga, who have gone to the big dance every single year for two decades and have won over 60% of their NCAA tourney games, are goobers.

I'm not a particular fan of Gonzaga, and I'm glad Texas Tech beat them tonight. But I'm mystified by your diss.

3 minutes ago, AURex said:

Why do I need to explain? 

Well, because your referring to Few and Gonzaga as "goobers" does not coincide with any meaning of the term I'm aware of. So tell us, explain, why you think Few and Gonzaga, who have gone to the big dance every single year for two decades and have won over 60% of their NCAA tourney games, are goobers.

I'm not a particular fan of Gonzaga, and I'm glad Texas Tech beat them tonight. But I'm mystified by your diss.

My hatred of them is my business and I’ve explained it in a few posts, but just Bc you don’t agree with my assessment doesn’t mean I need to explain lol, you can think what you want.

i think few looks like a goober, Adam Morrison was a goober. I didn’t care for #13 this year. I don’t like them. Plain and simple. Goober=look, much like @GwillMac6 called Greg brown a goober

22 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

1 word. Goobers. You wont change my mind. Worst team in college basketball 

Yep. Worst team in college basketball. They've gone to the NCAA tournament every year for 2 decades and won 60% of their tournament games. I cannot think of a SINGLE TEAM in the entire USof A who is worse than that! hahahahahahahaha!!!!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

In March all it takes is one game of guys shooting well. Kline making shots like he just made lol

The Chuma injury took all the life out of me. Privately I thought we had a shot at winning the natty. I never would of said publicly because I am the most supersticious person on the planet but privately I def thought that with how hot we are. He is the only bonafide pro we have. Harper is our most important player but Chuma was our best player. Best defender. Matchup Nightmare. He was really starting to just take over at will in the NCAA Tourney and SEC Tourney. That is where the biggest difference will come is on the defensive side of the floor. Going from Chuma to Purifoy is not ideal lol. 

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

My hatred of them is my business and I’ve explained it in a few posts, but just Bc you don’t agree with my assessment doesn’t mean I need to explain lol, you can think what you want.

i think few looks like a goober, Adam Morrison was a goober. I didn’t care for #13 this year. I don’t like them. Plain and simple. Goober=look, much like @GwillMac6 called Greg brown a goober

Don't get why everyone is throwing a fit over your opinion and who you like/dislike. Everyone has teams that they dislike more than other people. That's the beauty of sports.

3 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

i think few looks like a goober, Adam Morrison was a goober. I didn’t care for #13 this year. I don’t like them. Plain and simple. 

In other words, you have no explanation and no defense for calling them goobers other than "it's my opinion." hahahaha

1 minute ago, AURex said:

Yep. Worst team in college basketball. They've gone to the NCAA tournament every year for 2 decades and won 60% of their tournament games. I cannot think of a SINGLE TEAM in the entire USof A who is worse than that! hahahahahahahaha!!!!

So you take me saying worst team as in talent? I said worst team as the team that I don’t want to win a single game. You seem to be taking offense to me not liking Gonzaga 

Just now, AURex said:

In other words, you have no explanation and no defense for calling them goobers other than "it's my opinion." hahahaha

Cool beans bro. Since you totally got on my opinion and got on your hill about it

I’ll make sure to ask your opinion next time I want to say something to see if you approve

Now you are redefining "worst" as meaning you don't want them to win. hahahahaha !!!  Letr's rewrite the dictionary of English language. hahaha

Now you are redefining "worst" as meaning you don't want them to win. hahahahaha !!!  Letr's rewrite the dictionary of English language. hahaha

Glad you were in my mind so u know what I meant lol. This is hilarious

24 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Duke is my bandwagon team. Love duke. Bandwagon fan since 99. Auburn aside from a couple of years before Bruce got here were the Cleveland Browns of college basketball so me and @Maverick.AU had to get our fun and entertaining college basketball fix somewhere else lol. I respect the hell out of Duke because they are the Auburn in that state. Before K got there they were like the Auburn in football to UNC's alabama except obviously for the sport of basketball. They were a good program but they were in the shadow of UNC. Then eventually K completely switches the narrative where Duke is now the IT school. They are a bigger national brand now than UNC. They broke through the door and got themselves a seat at the blue blood table. That could be us in football if we find the right coach. Dabo is doing that for clemson in football. Completely re writing the narrative and their programs history. 

I never forgave UNC for the Four Corners. And now hate Duke for their acceptance of the One and Done mercenary Bball they play.

Just now, AUGoo said:

I never forgave UNC for the Four Corners. And now hate Duke for their acceptance of the One and Done mercenary Bball they play.

hahaha hey Kentucky and Cal started it!!!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

I’ll make sure to ask your opinion next time I want to say something to see if you approve

Your opinion is your opinion, and I'm fine with anyone expressing their opinion. But at least try to use words in ways that coincide with conventional English usage. If you don't like Gonzaga, well, say that and that's fine. I'm not a fan of Gonzaga either. But goobers? Worst team? hahaha

Just now, AURex said:

Your opinion is your opinion, and I'm fine with anyone expressing their opinion. But at least try to use words in ways that coincide with conventional English usage. If you don't like Gonzaga, well, say that and that's fine. I'm not a fan of Gonzaga either. But goobers? Worst team? hahaha

See my last mentioned post. People can think people are goobers based on look. Gwill used to call Greg brown a goober, again, have u never used worst to describe Alabama in any form. It doesn’t mean worst team talent wise. I just hate them winning much like we hate Alabama winning.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

hahaha hey Kentucky and Cal started it!!!

EXACTLY!

,My Mom a UK grad.

Really hate them now!

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

@AURex would you ever use the word “worst” in any form to describe the university of Alabama? Just curious

Um, trying to think of an occasion I might do that, but can't. I can say their fans are **among the worst*** but as for the university itself, I'd say it is academically marginally better than the Mississippi schools.

Just now, AURex said:

Um, trying to think of an occasion I might do that, but can't. I can say their fans are **among the worst*** but as for the university itself, I'd say it is academically marginally better than the Mississippi schools.

When I say worst, I’m not saying it talent wise, I just hate them. I really shouldn’t have to explain myself on this tho lol, it’s common sense that they don’t suck and that I simply don’t like them.

Just Bc 

One of the definitions for worst: most unfavorable or injurious.

unfavorable: expressing or showing a lack of approval or support.

I do not support Gonzaga in any shape or fashion.

Archived