NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

Just now, GwillMac6 said:

Thanks for looking out with the pro tip fam!

I just want you to join 😁

eukdl.gif

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AUBwins said:

I just want you to join 😁

eukdl.gif

I was already in it from last year! I just had to fill out my bracket for this year!! WOOOO!!!!!! LETS GOOOOOOOO

1 hour ago, aubigblue said:

Heron is having a hard time tonight.

He doesn't look anything like last year. SJ down 13 at half 

He played a terrible game. Just was way off for some reason. I felt bad for him. 

37 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Yeah Mustapha was atrocious, didn’t get to watch the game but thats quite a puzzling performance 

Worst stat line I’ve ever seen for him.

1 hour ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Found out today I had scheduled a yearly checkup for 2pm tomorrow! Ugh!!! Gonna miss the last ten minutes of play!!! 

Or wait another year lol

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

Worst stat line I’ve ever seen for him.

Maybe it’s tough being a complete cog and not so much a ball handler like here? Being the small forward in this offense is basically like being a tertiary ball handler while there I’m guessing he’s just an off ball player 

who knows though 

6 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Found out today I had scheduled a yearly checkup for 2pm tomorrow! Ugh!!! Gonna miss the last ten minutes of play!!! 

cancel....tell them you don't feel well( this can actually be true because it makes you feel sick to miss the game) and that its not a good idea for you to be around other people....they will reschedule

3 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Maybe it’s tough being a complete cog and not so much a ball handler like here? Being the small forward in this offense is basically like being a tertiary ball handler while there I’m guessing he’s just an off ball player 

who knows though 

i have watched him play several times and he is not the player that he was at AU,maybe its because he does not have the players surrounding him there....it was surprising to me to see this much of a dropoff in his play.....maybe i just got to see the bad games and it is obvious that he is the best (only?) player that they have

7 hours ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Just do what I am doing and record it to watch after.  I can't watch our game until 6:00 PM.  So if I, myself,  am noticeably absent from the forum that is why.  I know if I get on any forum or social media the score will be ruined.  Same with ESPN.

1 hour ago, doverstutts said:

i have watched him play several times and he is not the player that he was at AU,maybe its because he does not have the players surrounding him there....it was surprising to me to see this much of a dropoff in his play.....maybe i just got to see the bad games and it is obvious that he is the best (only?) player that they have

Yep.....he's the kind of player who is made better by the guys around him....who can take the defensive pressure away from him....and he usually makes those around him better too I guess....  A guy named Ponds has been St John's leading player this season but just looked at the stats and basically only five guys play...all with similar stats....Heron  … not a guy who can carry a team and they are/were not a very good team anyway.    JMO

11 hours ago, AUBwins said:

Found this from last year

Thanks for the link and reminder top fill out brackets. My picks are in so everyone better prepare themselves for complete domination by yours truly. 😁 🤣

And wow, our cheers for Heron did not seem to help. He went 1-12 from 2 and 0-5 from 3. He had 2 rebounds, 2 steals, 4 TOs, and 5 fouls. That is an unbelievable bad stat line. They ended up losing by 9 so a halfway decent game from Heron probably would have got them past ASU. Talk about bad timing for an off night....

He's actually had a solid year. Have his pro prospects improved at all over this season? Serious question. 

His minutes went up but averaged less points, less rebounds, and assists/steals kinda hovered around the same. I know St John's goes as Shamorie Ponds goes and everything goes through him but I was expecting/hoping to see Moose average like 18ppg 

Seeing some REALLY bad shooting in this opening Louisville-Minnesota game (of course, as I type that, the Gophers drain two straight 3s) but - overall - shots WAY off the mark all over the court. I mean barely hitting rim on a lot of them. Strange.

A couple games on the verge of a upsets. #15 Bradley down 3 against #3 Michigan State with 3:47 left and #11 Belmont up against #6 Maryland 60-58

Also super early but #12 Murray state up 8 against #5 Marquette. 

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

He's actually had a solid year. Have his pro prospects improved at all over this season? Serious question. 

His minutes went up but averaged less points, less rebounds, and assists/steals kinda hovered around the same. I know St John's goes as Shamorie Ponds goes and everything goes through him but I was expecting/hoping to see Moose average like 18ppg 

That's not how SJ plays....5 guys play almost all the minutes and no primary scorer....Ponds as noted was the "leader" but MH was #2 or 3 in most other stats.   JMO but AU style was more suited to him that he found at SJ.

20 minutes ago, around4ever said:

Kentucky gives up a record low of 13 points in the first half.  Beating Abilene Christian 39-13. 

Wow! That is a crazy number.

Fla. Putting on a little spank fest on Nevada at the moment. The SEC is taking names and making holes today!!

UF playing this well is very surprising...i should have gave the SEC more respect in my bracket 😳

Murray State as a 12 seed was a tough draw. I'm glad we don't have to try and stop Murant in this tournament

Archived