NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

OT....dang...what a final minute

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We were so close to getting rid of all the evil in college basketball right now. But alas the basketball Gods said no. Virginia is going to win now. :[ It is just meant to be. We have to suffer their atrocious brand of basketball for at least another game. SMH. WHY WHY WHY.

Going to be a hard game for someone to lose.

Could you imagine Auburn with Treveon Williams from Purdue?

Today was not a good day. Evil won today. Virginia is everything that is wrong (boring) about college basketball. SMH. Carsen Edwards would of been amazing to watch in the final 4. Instead we get the worst timeline which is Virginia. SMH. 

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

Today was not a good day. Evil won today. Virginia is everything that is wrong (boring) about college basketball. SMH. Carsen Edwards would of been amazing to watch in the final 4. Instead we get the worst timeline which is Virginia. SMH. 

It will just make it that much sweeter when we knock them out!

20 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

We were so close to getting rid of all the evil in college basketball right now. But alas the basketball Gods said no. Virginia is going to win now. :[ It is just meant to be. We have to suffer their atrocious brand of basketball for at least another game. SMH. WHY WHY WHY.

I LOVE that matchup for us if we can pull off tomorrow though.  Don't see how UVA hangs with our speed.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I LOVE that matchup for us if we can pull off tomorrow though.  Don't see how UVA hangs with our speed.

I mean they play UNC like two times a year so they at least have some idea...their guards also are really good at funneling ball handlers into passes up the court that arent really open. I dont think we have a ball handler comparable to Carsen so theres going to have to be some REALLY good screens set (a problem I had earlier with this team)

We'll see if we make it and how we do though

8 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I mean they play UNC like two times a year so they at least have some idea...their guards also are really good at funneling ball handlers into passes up the court that arent really open. I dont think we have a ball handler comparable to Carsen so theres going to have to be some REALLY good screens set (a problem I had earlier with this team)

We'll see if we make it and how we do though

Little different animal though.  UNC plays quick, but they play fast to get good looks inside, which is where UVA is just fantastic.  We play fast to get looks outside.  To put numbers behind it, we've attempted nearly 300 more threes than UNC this year.  Just a completely different style of attack.

8 hours ago, Brad_ATX said:

Uhhhhh! Excuse me.  We have the small matter of Kentucky to take care of first.  😉

I've thought Kentucky would be our toughest hurdle since I first saw the bracket. No I didn't "know" we'd get to them, just looking and playing make believe before the tournament started I hoped somebody else would put UK out. It will be ever tougher with Chuma not on the floor.

I'd rather play UVA than Purdue even though I was hoping Purdue would beat another #1 seed. Purdue's Edwards is remarkable!

I’m nervous as hell, baws. Don’t like our chances without Chuma, but will be barning hard for my Tigers. 

3 hours ago, around4ever said:

Uhhhhh! Excuse me.  We have the small matter of Kentucky to take care of first.  😉

There's a reason I said "if we can pull this off tomorrow" when I posted.

Archived