NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

you still licking windows?

I would make an age joke because(you’re 65, we know), but I’ll take the high road and wish you the very best for this next week. 

49 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Where y’all at on the bracket? 

I had the elite 8 correct and nearly final four if not for Duke loss on money bracket. 

100 percentile, rank 47k, 

My final 4 were:

Virginia

Michigan St

Gonzaga

Auburn

4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I would make an age joke because(you’re 65, we know), but I’ll take the high road and wish you the very best for this next week. 

go ahead, i don't care

55 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Where y’all at on the bracket? 

I had the elite 8 correct and nearly final four if not for Duke loss on money bracket. 

100 percentile, rank 47k, 

thats how I was last year going into the E8. Thought it would be an upset heavy year again and uh...yeah

1 minute ago, doverstutts said:

go ahead, i don't care

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody back to their corners. Can we all just get along?! This is one of the greatest days in Auburn Athletics history. Lets roast marshmellows and sing kum ba yah around the campfire and tell our most painful Auburn basketball memory. 

This is mine. ALLLLLLLLLLLL OF IT lol. 

barbee.jpg

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASY NOW!!!!!!!!!!! Everybody back to their corners. Can we all just get along?! This is one of the greatest days in Auburn Athletics history. Lets roast marshmellows and sing kum ba yah around the campfire and tell our most painful Auburn basketball memory. 

This is mine. ALLLLLLLLLLLL OF IT lol. 

barbee.jpg

I’m good, bruh. 

Wife’s out of town, love her to death, but I got the whole night in front of me. 😎

9 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m good, bruh. 

Wife’s out of town, love her to death, but I got the whole night in front of me. 😎

I’ll bring the blow, you call the hookers. See you at 9. 

23 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Lets roast marshmellows and sing kum ba yah around the campfire and tell our most painful Auburn basketball memory.

If we're singing, I'm telling my favorite memory prior to this weekend.  I was in the Summit (had to go home to Houston for spring break) the afternoon we beat those Runnin' Rebels and the towel eating Jerry Tarkanian.  By the way, Tony Barbee may be the biggest a**hole in Auburn history...across all departments and generations.  What he did to Heath Houston is reprehensible.

5 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

If we're singing, I'm telling my favorite memory prior to this weekend.  I was in the Summit (had to go home to Houston for spring break) the afternoon we beat those Runnin' Rebels and the towel eating Jerry Tarkanian.  By the way, Tony Barbee may be the biggest a**hole in Auburn history...across all departments and generations.  What he did to Heath Houston is reprehensible.

Auburn beat UNLV in the Tark era?! Got dang. PLEASE tell me more. I never knew that. Seriously. THAT IS AWESOME dixie. 

28 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Auburn beat UNLV in the Tark era?! Got dang. PLEASE tell me more. I never knew that. Seriously. THAT IS AWESOME dixie. 

True story...the only other time we were in the field of 8.  Beat the #1 seed St. John's to make it to the Sweet 16 and then knocked off UNLV.  Both of those teams had won 30 games.  Lost to Louisville (which had 3 first rounders on that team) who eventually won it all.  That building, The Summit, is now home to Lakewood Church.  I was in my third year at Auburn and my folks lived in Houston.  

Just now, PowerOfDixieland said:

True story...the only other time we were in the field of 8.  Beat the #1 seed St. John's to make it to the Sweet 16 and then knocked off UNLV.  Both of those teams had won 30 games.  Lost to Louisville (which had 3 first rounders on that team) who eventually won it all.  That building, The Summit, is now home to Lakewood Church.  I was in my third year at Auburn and my folks lived in Houston.  

Is that the Joel Osteen church? Wasn't it the old home to the Houston Rockets? WOW WOW WOW!!!! I had no clue UNLV was one of the teams AU beat on their way to the elite 8. I appreciate you looking out for a young wippesnapper like me fam! I appreciate the history lesson. 

Auburn to anyone that had Kansas winning it all......Or UNC.....Or Kentucky.

17 hours ago, bigbird said:

My final 4 were:

Virginia

Michigan St

Gonzaga

Auburn

Really impressive. Some people zigged when they should have zagged. You definitely zagged when you shouldn't have. 😁

23 hours ago, bigbird said:

My final 4 were:

Virginia

Michigan St

Gonzaga

Auburn

Impressive. If Purdue wouldn't have gotten that bull call I would have something to brag about......But that's the game!

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Impressive. If Purdue wouldn't have gotten that bull call I would have something to brag about......But that's the game!

I almost picked TT because of their D, but thought Gonzaga had enough O. I thought MSU could "neutralize" the rest of Duke to pull it off. Virginia was an easy pick and AU was a homer pick.

I had AU and Houston playing in the elite 8

On 3/31/2019 at 7:38 PM, bigbird said:

My final 4 were:

Virginia

Michigan St

Gonzaga

Auburn

Mine too in the AUFamily Bracket.  I had Gonzaga beating AU in the final.  Yeah, I know, where is the faith? 

Archived