NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

7 hours ago, around4ever said:

Mine too in the AUFamily Bracket.  I had Gonzaga beating AU in the final.  Yeah, I know, where is the faith? 

I did too. 

tenor.gif

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I did too. 

tenor.gif

Y’all should know by now that Gonzaga isnt getting to the final four.

8 minutes ago, around4ever said:

At this rate, will they total 100 points?  

Not so sure about that...though it has picked up a bit...

3 minutes ago, grandpajay said:

Is it standard practice to review poessions during To's and change the score?

Yes, when whether it was a 2 or 3 is in question. 

It looks like the Virginia refs are going to help out now.  It's amazing how a team that is aggressive on defense as UV is gets so few fouls called on them. 

Much different game than I expected....85-77...who expected that !

24 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Much different game than I expected....85-77...who expected that !

Well a lot of points were scored in OT, but tbe offenses got going after the first ten minutes of the game. 

58 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Well a lot of points were scored in OT, but tbe offenses got going after the first ten minutes of the game. 

more than I figured.....but UVa has some gunners and I'm guessing they would be a big problem for most opponents in a shootout style game too. 

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

more than I figured.....but UVa has some gunners and I'm guessing they would be a big problem for most opponents in a shootout style game too. 

Don’t know. I thought we did a good job limiting most players other than Jerome even without Chuma. Guy couldn’t miss at the end  but I thought their offense looked mostly like “chuck it up after a moving screen” to me. They made some great cuts and thought that was impressive.

2 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Don’t know. I thought we did a good job limiting most players other than Jerome even without Chuma. Guy couldn’t miss at the end  but I thought their offense looked mostly like “chuck it up after a moving screen” to me. They made some great cuts and thought that was impressive.

Not sure it was chuck it up there...several players were hitting threes....and the could do that all year, not just against AU.     They hit 40% of their 3s  and 47% overall for the season....much better than AU though I guess you can say that what we lacked in quality we made up for in quantity. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure it was chuck it up there...several players were hitting threes....and the could do that all year, not just against AU.     They hit 40% of their 3s  and 47% overall for the season....much better than AU though I guess you can say that what we lacked in quality we made up for in quantity. 

Many of their late shot clock attempts looked absolutely horrible lol. Like I had no doubt they wouldn’t go in. Overall I was fairly pleased with the defensive gameplan.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

Many of their late shot clock attempts looked absolutely horrible lol. Like I had no doubt they wouldn’t go in. Overall I was fairly pleased with the defensive gameplan.

AU had a winnable approach I think.....and CO would have been a world of difference ….Ty Jerome would never have seen an easy shot. 

Archived