NCAA tourney thread

gravejd

• Replies 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Did you see the end of LSU? Yale was painfully close to coming all the way back as well.crazy day. Are most of you pulling for SEC teams???

Missed that one. I 'll take your word for it.

Down goes Kansas State! UC Irvine wins their first game in the NCAA tournament and it's the biggest upset so far in the tourney this year. Now, lets see if Gardner-Webb plays another good 20 minutes and upsets Virginia. 

12 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

This Burns guy from Colgate has had a great game. 29 pts, 7-12 from 3

When it's this time your guards can make your team do some incredible things

Seems like this is the most evenly matched tourney I've seen maybe ever. Not many blowouts at all  1's over 16's mostly. SEC is 5-1 so far. Ole piss ran into a buzzsaw today. 6-1 would be a great mark if State can win, considering the parody of this field.

Deadly 12/5 matchup and Wisconsin getting hammered by Oregon....

Lots of upsets in the lower levels in the first round. Folks who have a good bracket at this point were really prescient. 

Lots of parity and in some cases, the Power 5 schools getting an undeserved benefit of the doubt in the seedings. 

9 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Another 5/12 upset. Very, very, very happy to get through NMSU yesterday. 

I also hate Wisconsin hoops with a passion for some reason lol, not really sure why. Happy about this one 

11 minutes ago, tgrogan21 said:

Another 5/12 upset. Very, very, very happy to get through NMSU yesterday. 

Hey do y’all remember when we were the trendy 12-5 upset pick? I ‘member.

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Anyone see Wofford play last night?  Holy Cow! 

And you thought we were a 3 pt shooting team!

they're a sexy upset team for that alone. Gotta give them props for wanting to be a team that puts them up...AT A HIGH PERCENTAGE

Howland did a bad coaching job this year IMO. I thought this Miss St team was the second or third most talented SEC team this year behind Kentucky and Lsu. I thought they were stacked and had a roster that was really well put together. 

Another 5 goes down with State losing to liberty. State lead almost the entire game but couldnt hold off the rally at the end. 

Just now, gravejd said:

Another 5 goes down with State losing to liberty. State lead almost the entire game but couldnt hold off the rally at the end. 

Sec was perfect in the sec tourney in the first round besides the state of MS lol

On the dreaded 5 seed. Bit the moo cows in the rump roast. AU is the only 5 seed not to lose.  The two Miss. Schools laid an egg today. SEC goes 5-2 in the 1st round.

TBH Mississippi state had no business being a 5 seed if we were a 5 seed. At least I got this one right on my bracket.

Archived