Men vs. New Mexico State - game thread

WarTiger

8 minutes ago, JwgreDeux said:

Our guards are definitely going to have to play better. Harper can't play like he has the last two games and us advance. Someone is also going to have their hands full with their 4 man. He can play inside and out, I worry about wearing out Okeke if that is the primary matchup. 

I'm not even sure if Okeke will win that match up but I'm hoping he at least get in the way enough to maybe disrupt them enough that they have to try to go to a plan B. I've watched grimes and he's a very good athlete and physically has it all as far as defense. Harper the past two games has been in foul trouble. Tae put up like 24 I don't know about the other team but this seem like point that likes to score. I don't like that scenario

• Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jared has been honestly abysmal on both ends, I think we have to really give Bruce props for finally realizing this team could only go so far when he did, because if we don't give J'Von that late burn during the regular season, we probably don't have a SEC title or a conference tourney win.

And that's not to talk down on Jared, who's been asked to do an insane amount for a guy who was supposed to be a piece to the puzzle and not the whole thing, but a spade be a spade 

I think Bruce should just put in whatever guards feel like actually giving the ball to Wiley in the post, because we're not gonna survive another shooting drought being innately more talented than the other team (because we won't be more talented going forward, primarily)

Archived