Post Game thread

AUTigersfan89

20 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Really?

Also:

You still refuse to read what anybody is saying. Nobody said the team bricked at the end exclusively because of elevation. 

I'm normally with you in these arguments but kind of seeing everybody else's side on this one. 

So as I scroll up and read the origin of the conversation that's EXACTLY what I was talking about. I'm saying them added together doesn't cause one turnover yet alone 5 in two minutes. I'm not arguing that playing in that gym they may gasp for air more. Those things not being anything to a point to say it played a part into them freezing up at the end of the game. So when you say really absolutely as far as oxygen or whatever. The hangover is made up but if you want to believe in it more power to you.

You entered and said how you feel but summarized what I was saying and it's not what I was saying. So then you get to a point where you don't want to hear anymore and go with the arguing to be arguing stuff when you are not doing ANYTHING different than me. And then of course if you don't agree with me it's you don't agree and it's cool. I don't agree and it's I'm arguing and you see everybody else side.....😐. But it is what it is

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I just think altitude probably didn’t affect them as much as some may believe. 

Gotcha. I haven't seen anybody say it was a big deal, only that it was part of it. But I might have missed something. 

I just went to Colorado with my girl and went to a ski resort and I have asthma. Yes you can feel it, our flight was delayed I'm not going to sleep at an airport and not know what's going on so I stayed up, I was tired. I didn't play basketball but I didn't feel anything enough to suggest that I would be confused enough to not be able to dribble. Actually it wasn't that he even was dribbling different they were literally making decisions such as leaving a guy open. And then this happens coincidentally when the game is getting tight.....what about Syracuse did they randomly just break down at the end of the game. Is that why they lost? They had to adjust from two time zones

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

I just went to Colorado with my girl and went to a ski resort and I have asthma. Yes you can feel it

That's literally the only thing anybody has said regarding elevation.

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I didn't play basketball but I didn't feel anything enough to suggest that I would be confused enough to not be able to dribble. Actually it wasn't that he even was dribbling different they were literally making decisions such as leaving a guy open. And then this happens coincidentally when the game is getting tight.....what about Syracuse did they randomly just break down at the end of the game. Is that why they lost? They had to adjust from two time zones

Seriously, bro. You're arguing against thin air. Pun intended. 

Hope you had a good ski trip. 

26 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I do agree that it’s likely a combination of a bunch of different factors. I just think altitude probably didn’t affect them as much as some may believe. 

Let’s hope resting yesterday after the game, some today, and most of the day tomorrow will have the guys back and ready to play to their potential for the full game. 

You more than likely got confused about all this just like me because it was pointless 😂

14 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

That's literally the only thing anybody has said regarding elevation.

Seriously, bro. You're arguing against thin air. Pun intended. 

Hope you had a good ski trip. 

You went at 3 people to make a point about something. You trying to play it like it's everybody else but you are the person arguing you asked this dude did he ascend from his elevation and 4 other questions when he told you he was out there for 2 years 😂. But ok it's not you arguing

Altitude can definitely impact people. I also don't blame playing stupid at the end of the game on the altitude. Just flat out mental errors. It happens....smart players like Harper do stupid things like foul up by 2 with 14 seconds left in the game. No one or anything to blame other then Harper for making the dumb error. We move on and hope they don't do it again

See new OP for fatigue questions!

5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

You went at 3 people to make a point about something. You trying to play it like it's everybody else but you are the person arguing you asked this dude did he ascend from his elevation and 4 other questions when he told you he was out there for 2 years 😂. But ok it's not you arguing

You were right earlier. I guess it just is what it is. 

Altitude schmaltitude, just win baby. Assuming it is a factor, the elevation of Lawrence Kansas is 866 ft. so they will have the same issues. 

57 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

25 hours of driving and moving door to door. I was tired from moving furniture back to back days, but anyone would be no matter what the altitude. After that, exploring the surroundings of my new town.

I’m not trying to discredit that they did just run through a gauntlet of games, but I’m thinking people may be leaning too hard on the altitude excuse. 

Who is leaning hard on "the altitude excuse"?? :rolleyes:

Hell, we won the game in spite of everything.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

There are a bunch of teams that go through hardships. I still don't know what the tired legs thing have to do with ANYTHING as far as last two minutes. Everybody on 🌎 can find an excuse as far as when things go wrong. Tired legs has nothing to do with leaving a guy wide open two times when the game is on the line. SEC hangover? Everybody knows you play all those games just to get to this moment. Everybody knows 5 12 seeds are prime for "upsets". That's like saying you have a hangover for what your goal and what you prepared to do for an entire year. 

They have a history of not making good decisions at the end of games. Nobody's brain is deprived of oxygen to a point where they get confused should they run out of bounds? Should I want the ball or give it to the other team. Should I foul a guy with the lead? 

Making excuses like that would make a team weak. Make a team entitled. You have some kids playing basketball in winter outside because they want it just that bad.....you have some kids that won't play in a gym without air condition.....don't know about you but I'd put my money on the kids that will play anywhere as far as being successful. 

Fatigue is real. I actually wrote about I think Harper played too many minutes during the regular season and he would be fatigued now. Fatigue effects jump shots, free throws, getting through screens. It doesn't effect you leaving a guy wide open, handling a ball, driving to the goal out of control. That's freezing up when the pressure is turned up. That's not knowing how to win

A simple acknowledgment of factual circumstances is not necessarily "making excuses". :rolleyes:

Some people love to argue so much they invent claims never made.

Just now, homersapien said:

A simple acknowledgment of factual circumstances is not necessarily "making excuses". :rolleyes:

Some people love to argue so much they invent claims never made.

The fact that we are even talking about altitude, oxygen, and letdown from winning is hilarious. Especially when apparently nobody is saying that it effected the play of the team in the game. Then why are we talking about it. If you drink enough cokes it raises your blood pressure, that's a fact. If they drunk a coke the night before the game it may affected them. If it doesn't effect them enough to impact the game who gives a damn. And who seems to be arguing it? Seems like everybody moved on and yet here you are. Like a flunkie talking about arguing as if you don't do anything of the sort 😂

I see you chastised my man that didn't agree with you as well but you're not arguing though!

Altitude or not. Guys better start playing SMARTER basketball or they won’t have to worry about being so tired for the sweet 16. Just poor communication on transition defense, silly fouls , etc. Maybe the altitude is causing decrease oxygen saturation leading to acute delirium . That is the only thing I can think of for some of those plays.

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

The fact that we are even talking about altitude, oxygen, and letdown from winning is hilarious. Especially when apparently nobody is saying that it effected the play of the team in the game. Then why are we talking about it. If you drink enough cokes it raises your blood pressure, that's a fact. If they drunk a coke the night before the game it may affected them. If it doesn't effect them enough to impact the game who gives a damn. And who seems to be arguing it? Seems like everybody moved on and yet here you are. Like a flunkie talking about arguing as if you don't do anything of the sort 😂

I see you chastised my man that didn't agree with you as well but you're not arguing though!

Well, if you think it's hilarious, then enjoy.  But it's still a valid point.  

I didn't even watch the game, but listening on the radio it sounded as if we were playing with a lot less energy and intensity than we did in our last game. I asked on the game thread if Harper was tired after he uncharacteristically missed some free throws. And the commentators mentioned how Auburn wasn't chasing rebounds very aggressively.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out obvious reasons why the team might be physically and mentally tired.  If you want to disagree, that's fine but don't act like it's not a legitimate point.  There are several obvious reasons why its a valid thesis, as McLoofus pointed out. 

And there's no reason to cop an attitude about it ("flunkie").  Many on this forum seem to revert immediately to snarky for no good reason.  It's unfortunate.

And I don't recall "chastizing" anyone. All I have done is defend McLoofus points as being perfectly valid ones, as they are.

9 minutes ago, homersapien said:

I didn't even watch the game, but listening on the radio it sounded as if we were playing with a lot less energy and intensity than we did in our last game. I asked on the game thread if Harper was tired after he uncharacteristically missed some free throws. And the commentators mentioned how Auburn wasn't chasing rebounds very aggressively.

There's nothing wrong with pointing out obvious reasons why the team might be physically and mentally tired.  If you want to disagree, that's fine but don't act like it's not a legitimate point.  There are several obvious reasons why its a valid thesis, as McLoofus pointed out. 

And there's no reason to cop an attitude about it ("flunkie").  Many on this forum seem to revert immediately to snarky for no good reason.  It's unfortunate.

And I don't recall "chastizing" anyone. All I have done is defend McLoofus points as being perfectly valid ones, as they are.

Out of likes but good luck. He's feeling it today. He's got no interest in what you're actually saying. You're playing tennis against a wall. Relentless!

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

See that's why you shouldn't jump into stuff you don't know or you shouldat least read all the post. Before becoming a teammate of loof you should have read that I'm the person that pointed out things like hustling for rebounds and missed free throws are signs of fatigue. What I was talking about as far as the last two minutes had you watched the game the mistakes that happened there had NOTHING to do of the sort. Driving jumping into a guy, shooting when you shouldn't, losing the ball, not even trying on defense right after a timeout.....those plays at the end of the game when pressure turn up is what I specifically was talking about. 

Second you come with your roll eyes and talking that some people like to argue so much crap you should expect somebody to come back at you. Had you not did that then we could be civil. Don't play victim after the fact though. 

Lastly he is disagreeing with me just like I disagreed with him. I didn't do anything that he didn't do. If you're not going to type out a paragraph telling him how to be a better poster why do you feel the need to do so with me? 

It's good that you guys have thesis and all.....I can tell you what I experienced. I can tell you what I guy who literally experienced all of this has told me. I can tell you things a guy going through it right now. But because I don't agree with your thesis I get this and the passive aggressive bull. Man get real

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Out of likes but good luck. He's feeling it today. He's got no interest in what you're actually saying. You're playing tennis against a wall. Relentless!

You're different though right? Only difference between me and you is I tried to just agree to disagree and you did that bull what everybody say crap. Come down off your high horse or just drop it. Or if you still trying to talk be a man and talk to me. I'm trying to show you if you don't want to listen fine more power to you and just drop it. This dude just said he didn't even watch the game and missed an entire point but that's who you riding with.👌

Just now, cole256 said:

You're different though right? Only difference between me and you is I tried to just agree to disagree and you did that bull what everybody say crap. Come down off your high horse or just drop it. Or if you still trying to talk be a man and talk to me. I'm trying to show you if you don't want to listen fine more power to you and just drop it. This dude just said he didn't even watch the game and missed an entire point but that's who you riding with.👌

Yes, I'm different, because I've understood your point all along, and I haven't tried to tell you you're wrong. In fact, I literally thanked you for setting me straight the first time I asked you. Oh, by the way, that's another way I'm different. I actually sought your opinion on something. I wanted to know what you thought about it.  

You, on the other hand, keep misunderstanding what other people are saying and then being a dick towards them for things they didn't say. This is why I said you're arguing just to argue, and why I understand how other people feel about you. 

You know a lot about basketball, but I think you're overestimating your knowledge about some other things.

First of all, we just won an NCAA tourney game, so REJOICE AU family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, there are a ton of potential factors as to why our boys didn’t play up to their potential: the style of play of the opponent was a big factor, as well as physical and mental fatigue, travel, arena atmosphere, and so on and so on.  Pinning it on one thing is ridiculous!  

Thirdly, who cares what happened in round 1.  We won!  We need our A Game to beat Kansas!

War Eagle!

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I'm different, because I've understood your point all along, and I haven't tried to tell you you're wrong. In fact, I literally thanked you for setting me straight the first time I asked you. Oh, by the way, that's another way I'm different. I actually sought your opinion on something. I wanted to know what you thought about it.  

You, on the other hand, keep misunderstanding what other people are saying and then being a dick towards them for things they didn't say. This is why I said you're arguing just to argue, and why I understand how other people feel about you. 

You know a lot about basketball, but I think you're overestimating your knowledge about some other things.

No you're not different, you feel how you feel and you keep talking about it. On top of that you keep talking and telling me not to reply.....I'm not misunderstanding anything I just didn't agree with it. I said let's agree to disagree. I'm the dick but you're the one taking shots. Haven't disrespected you once.  It's not people it's you but as you know you bring people into it to try to help make a point. I wouldn't talk about how somebody else feel about you when me and you have a debate because why would I? No purpose but to manipulate. But even when you did that STILL didn't say anything out the way to you. What are you arguing for? I'm arguing to be arguing you're arguing for the greater good of oxygen consumption? 

As far as you second paragraph....ok. Could that be said about you? You know whatever you know and over estimate stuff you don't? I thought we were just talking basketball though but that's just something else that's done when people get upset, make it personal. Between me and you I'm the dick though? Ok?

Big bad Cole

Only thing I care about is winning. Getting stops and stuff I don't critique as long as you trying what do you want from a guy. Somebody actually argued with me when I brought up in a game this year they are just tired. You really shouldn't ever give up an offensive rebound we gave up like 3 at the end of the game but ok whatever. But driving out of control when you have 4 and the lead? Jumping literally trying to block a 3 point attempt at the end of the game? No that's nothing to do with fatigue those are the plays I was referring too. The last couple of minutes. That has to be addressed and corrected. That's not something to say oh we'll be better when we're not tired. If we keep winning we'll be in that situation again soon

7 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

First of all, we just won an NCAA tourney game, so REJOICE AU family!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Secondly, there are a ton of potential factors as to why our boys didn’t play up to their potential: the style of play of the opponent was a big factor, as well as physical and mental fatigue, travel, arena atmosphere, and so on and so on.  Pinning it on one thing is ridiculous!  

Thirdly, who cares what happened in round 1.  We won!  We need our A Game to beat Kansas!

War Eagle!

Agree with every word. 

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Only thing I care about is winning. Getting stops and stuff I don't critique as long as you trying what do you want from a guy. Somebody actually argued with me when I brought up in a game this year they are just tired. You really shouldn't ever give up an offensive rebound we gave up like 3 at the end of the game but ok whatever. But driving out of control when you have 4 and the lead? Jumping literally trying to block a 3 point attempt at the end of the game? No that's nothing to do with fatigue those are the plays I was referring too. The last couple of minutes. That has to be addressed and corrected. That's not something to say oh we'll be better when we're not tired. If we keep winning we'll be in that situation again soon

So I obviously agree that we have to address and correct what we have done at the end of games. The fouls especially. We misplayed the end of the UF game and got lucky they didn't call that foul on the three point attempt. In the UF game Brown was supposed to foul before the shot and waited too late. In the past game Harper fouled when he wasn't supposed to (and fouled out) and Brown fouled the guy on a 3-point shot. However, even though these are mental errors, I'll have to disagree that fatigue doesn't contribute to mental errors. That doesn't excuse it, because there is no excuse. Additionally, I'm not sure why you'd say that you should never allow an offensive rebound. Every team allows multiple offensive rebounds a game, I believe the best team in the nation allows 5+. Sure it isn't good to do, and to do it at the end of a game can kill you, but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

I don't expect us to suddenly feel fresh tomorrow night either.

Archived