Post Game thread

AUTigersfan89

Just now, JwgreDeux said:

So I obviously agree that we have to address and correct what we have done at the end of games. The fouls especially. We misplayed the end of the UF game and got lucky they didn't call that foul on the three point attempt. In the UF game Brown was supposed to foul before the shot and waited too late. In the past game Harper fouled when he wasn't supposed to (and fouled out) and Brown fouled the guy on a 3-point shot. However, even though these are mental errors, I'll have to disagree that fatigue doesn't contribute to mental errors. That doesn't excuse it, because there is no excuse. Additionally, I'm not sure why you'd say that you should never allow an offensive rebound. Every team allows multiple offensive rebounds a game, I believe the best team in the nation allows 5+. Sure it isn't good to do, and to do it at the end of a game can kill you, but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

I don't expect us to suddenly feel fresh tomorrow night either.

Out of likes, but great post.

On the last part: I agree that we won't feel "suddenly feel fresh", but I'm hoping that we can be fresher tomorrow night than we were yesterday afternoon. In addition to just a little physical downtime, I'm hoping that no travel, more familiarity with their surroundings, etc gives the guys a little mental refreshment as well. Or their legs might just get even more stiff, lol. 

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, JwgreDeux said:

So I obviously agree that we have to address and correct what we have done at the end of games. The fouls especially. We misplayed the end of the UF game and got lucky they didn't call that foul on the three point attempt. In the UF game Brown was supposed to foul before the shot and waited too late. In the past game Harper fouled when he wasn't supposed to (and fouled out) and Brown fouled the guy on a 3-point shot. However, even though these are mental errors, I'll have to disagree that fatigue doesn't contribute to mental errors. That doesn't excuse it, because there is no excuse. Additionally, I'm not sure why you'd say that you should never allow an offensive rebound. Every team allows multiple offensive rebounds a game, I believe the best team in the nation allows 5+. Sure it isn't good to do, and to do it at the end of a game can kill you, but sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

I don't expect us to suddenly feel fresh tomorrow night either.

I actually misspoke I was meaning free throw when we have position on the low block. I don't know what made me say offensive rebound. I believe the fatigue stuff. I said that in one of my post. I don't think fatigue is an excuse for driving the lane wild with 4 fouls. You know you need to be in the game and driving like that is actually using more energy.

You know the accolades and stuff our guards have. With all that stuff there's alot of responsibility with that. If you say this is my team you have to come through. At least that's how I was taught. But nobody is perfect, but it was like you had to work hard to lose that game and we almost pulled it off. Dude shooting the shot to win the game wide open off a timeout? No excuse. 

I forgot about the end of the Florida game. We need to be learning from those experiences, it seems like CBP is giving them passes from it. But I don't know I didn't hear everything said of course. But clearly this has been a problem this year, I'd hate for it to cost us

46 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yes, I'm different, because I've understood your point all along, and I haven't tried to tell you you're wrong. In fact, I literally thanked you for setting me straight the first time I asked you. Oh, by the way, that's another way I'm different. I actually sought your opinion on something. I wanted to know what you thought about it.  

You, on the other hand, keep misunderstanding what other people are saying and then being a dick towards them for things they didn't say. This is why I said you're arguing just to argue, and why I understand how other people feel about you. 

You know a lot about basketball, but I think you're overestimating your knowledge about some other things.

34 minutes ago, cole256 said:

No you're not different, you feel how you feel and you keep talking about it. On top of that you keep talking and telling me not to reply.....I'm not misunderstanding anything I just didn't agree with it. I said let's agree to disagree. I'm the dick but you're the one taking shots. Haven't disrespected you once.  It's not people it's you but as you know you bring people into it to try to help make a point. I wouldn't talk about how somebody else feel about you when me and you have a debate because why would I? No purpose but to manipulate. But even when you did that STILL didn't say anything out the way to you. What are you arguing for? I'm arguing to be arguing you're arguing for the greater good of oxygen consumption? 

As far as you second paragraph....ok. Could that be said about you? You know whatever you know and over estimate stuff you don't? I thought we were just talking basketball though but that's just something else that's done when people get upset, make it personal. Between me and you I'm the dick though? Ok?

Big bad Cole

Bros..hug it out 

giphy.gif?cid=4bf119fc5c952de1796b416b36

14 hours ago, cole256 said:

You seem to be confused as to think every post I make I have to prove something to you.

It's not about me or you. It's about your incorrect statement that this team has a history of closing games poorly. Since their resurgence from the mid-season slump their trademark has been falling behind early and then coming back and winning by playing smart, tough basketball. The reason yesterday's poor finish was remarkable was because it was out of character for this team that has been exceptional in closing games through the second half of the season.

15 hours ago, fishepa said:

I hope Dunbar will play better tomorrow night, his game was off yesterday.  

Hope he puts it into his mind to try to slash more if the shot isn’t there. Seems like he was content to either shoot or pass it up, although I know he lost his dribble badly early in the game. Had another decent drive that forced a blocking foul. if I remember correctly He’s gonna be one of the few mismatches physically (at least when he’s playing the 2) so we gotta get something out of him 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

It's not about me or you. It's about your incorrect statement that this team has a history of closing games poorly. Since their resurgence from the mid-season slump their trademark has been falling behind early and then coming back and winning by playing smart, tough basketball. The reason yesterday's poor finish was remarkable was because it was out of character for this team that has been exceptional in closing games through the second half of the season.

Right and I and other people pointed out 6 games just off the top of our heads that we didn't close out well as recent as Florida in the SEC tournament.....but like I said I'm not going to argue with you if you can't see it you just can't see it. And you posting a record made no sense at all

8 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Hope he puts it into his mind to try to slash more if the shot isn’t there. Seems like he was content to either shoot or pass it up, although I know he lost his dribble badly early in the game. Had another decent drive that forced a blocking foul. if I remember correctly He’s gonna be one of the few mismatches physically (at least when he’s playing the 2) so we gotta get something out of him 

He (Dunbar) hasn't been quite the same since he missed a game or two with strained muscles. I wonder if the change in his game isn't related to a nagging injury?

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

He (Dunbar) hasn't been quite the same since he missed a game or two with strained muscles. I wonder if the change in his game isn't related to a nagging injury?

Plus he's had some major collisions with the floor recently......those guys mostly just pop up when they go down but those kind of falls must add up in the form of wear and tear on the major body parts. .. 

On 3/23/2019 at 10:55 AM, AU64 said:

Plus he's had some major collisions with the floor recently......those guys mostly just pop up when they go down but those kind of falls must add up in the form of wear and tear on the major body parts. .. 

Harper spends more time on the floor than anyone I’ve ever seen, and that little dude just hops right back up. 😂 

On 3/23/2019 at 8:11 AM, Mikey said:

He had one 0-fer in the SEC tourney but he’s pretty much played to his averages in the rest of the games. He’s just not a consistent player regardless if he’s healthy or not. Can get hot but can also spaz out and disappear 

Archived