Survive and advance

tigerbrotha12

This time of year, wins are tough. We played 35 minutes of fairly solid ball, and had built a 13 point lead up. A few minutes of sloppy, unsmart basketball almost cost us, but it didn’t. NMSU didn’t lose the game on their own either.

Certainly not pleased with bad basketball, but in the position we are in, wins are all that matter. We found a way. Made them hit three crucial, gotta have em, clutch FTs to beat us and they couldn’t do it. Forced them to shoot a deep 3 instead of an easy lay up to win at the end and they missed it. We found a way. And that is all that matters. 

I suspect we will not see another meltdown like this, and if we play the way we did up until that point, we’ll be tough to beat. We didn’t forget how to play-play the way we did a mere 4 days ago, we’ll be unbeatable.

I’m glad we got the win but that was painful and would’ve lost if they made FTs with only 1.7 seconds left. That was a gut wrenching moment before he shot those FTs. Our accomplishments and goals flashed through my mind as I thought that may be tbe end. I was already disappointed that Bryce wouldn’t break Pat Bradley’s 2nd place record for 3s in a career. 

I'm just glad I was at work and couldn't watch the end of this one.  If I had watched it, I'd be seeing a cardiologist tomorrow.

I think we will beat Kansas.  And I think we have a good shot at the Elite 8.

And let's give a big shout out to J'Von!!!

The kid has been through the fire this year, and has come out better for it.  He had a huge game for us today.  He's matured.

I had serious doubts about him, and I was very much down on him early this season.  I'm glad he proved me wrong.

And to boot, he's a likeable kid.

1 hour ago, KolchakAU85 said:

And let's give a big shout out to J'Von!!!

The kid has been through the fire this year, and has come out better for it.  He had a huge game for us today.  He's matured.

I had serious doubts about him, and I was very much down on him early this season.  I'm glad he proved me wrong.

And to boot, he's a likeable kid.

Agreed on JVon. Hes come up with clutch buckets in multiple big games near the end of the year. Hes very very quick. 

When the foul on the 3 occurred I left the room and went outside, I could not watch.  I had the March Madness app open (just shows the score) and I kept waiting for it to either tie or go down by one.  It seems like I was outside for 20 minutes.  Needless to say I was shocked that we won.  For the record, i'm the same guy that turned off the 2010 Iron Bowl after Bama went up 21-0 and didn't turn it back up until almost the fourth quarter. 

i say we kidnap toto and use the little fellow for .....coughs..........leverage. charles wants this one bad.  lol

I know a win is a win but we’ve got to finish better than that. We were soooo fortunate it’s not even funny. Bad play after bad play and almost capped off in the worst way by Bryce making an awful decision. And stoked we are moving on and hopefully we got our bad juju out. WDE. 

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I'm just glad I was at work and couldn't watch the end of this one.  If I had watched it, I'd be seeing a cardiologist tomorrow.

I think we will beat Kansas.  And I think we have a good shot at the Elite 8.

We are about to face Kansas in Basketball and we're favored slightly. Once again, Auburn Basketball is favored going against Kansas in March. In the tournament. Is this real life?

9 hours ago, tgrogan21 said:

Once again, Auburn Basketball is favored going against Kansas in March. In the tournament. Is this real life

yeah, we won 27 games and had we played smarter around the mid point of the season, we could have won more......27 wins in a season is pretty damn good, i don't care who you are....hey, i woke up at 2 am and was thinking about the game, then i could not go back to sleep.....i used to get keyed up for football like this, now its like that for basketball.....i didn't even realize that spring training had started until yesterday,lol, basketball is king now

3 hours ago, doverstutts said:

yeah, we won 27 games and had we played smarter around the mid point of the season, we could have won more......27 wins in a season is pretty damn good, i don't care who you are....hey, i woke up at 2 am and was thinking about the game, then i could not go back to sleep.....i used to get keyed up for football like this, now its like that for basketball.....i didn't even realize that spring training had started until yesterday,lol, basketball is king now

Can't agree more with you right now. I have said it before on this site but growing up I was a HUGE football fan and it was the only thing I watched from Auburn and then as I got in my late teens/early twenties I started to branch out and watch Baseball, Softball, and Basketball (unfortunately for me it was during the Barbee years). Ever since Bruce Pearl came to Auburn and Gus Malzahn came the top sport for me has changed. I no longer get crazy excited for Football season, I no longer keep up with football during the off-season, and I have no lofty expectations going into the year for football. The same can not be said about Auburn Basketball. In my eyes, we are a basketball school and I am 100% fine with that. 

Archived